Hair fall is the most significant problem which might be experienced by everyone at a particular stage. The poor circulation of blood to the scalp, dandruff, and dry scalp results in hair fall. The market is loaded with several expensive products to treat hair fall which may include parabens and harmful chemicals. However, natural therapies are the best ones who can promote healthy hair growth by preventing hair fall. Let’s check out the powerful, simple home remedies to stop hair fall naturally.
Leading Causes of hair fall
- Poor diet
- Stress and anxiety
- Lack of sleep
- Hormonal imbalances
- Excess medication and alcohol consumption
- Poor hygiene of scalp
- Harsh chemical hair treatments
Yoga ToPrevent Hair Fall
1. Balayam Yoga For Hair Growth
Balayam yoga also known as fingernail rubbing technique for hair growth is an ancient exercise to prevent hair fall and for natural hair growth. Practicing this yoga helps to increase the blood circulation to the scalp and increases the strength of follicles. The nerves under the nails have a straight connection to the scalp. The generated friction while rubbing the nails helps to improve the blood flow and supply of oxygen to the scalp.
How To Practice
- Curl your fingers to form a half fist and start rubbing your fingernails together in a gentle way excluding the thumb fingernail.
- Continue the process for 5- 10 minutes. You might experience a tingling sensation in your scalp and nails which is a sign of blood circulation to the scalp.
- Practicing this exercise twice a day can offer you maximum hair growth and stop hair fall. Balayam yoga can be practiced on early mornings or evenings to gain better results.
Note: People with high blood pressure and pregnant women are recommended to do not practice this hair fall technique as it increases blood pressure.
2. Head Flip Exercise
The head flip exercise increases the oxygenation of hair tissues and promotes decent blood flow to the scalp. It stimulates the hair growth by stimulating the follicles and pressure points on the scalp. Follow the below hair fall control tips for better results.
How To Practice:
- Stand up on your knees with the straight spine and inhale deeply. Then flip your head down to the floor and stay for a few seconds.
- You can feel the sensation of blood flow to the scalp from the body. Up your head by exhaling slowly to reach the first position.
- Practice this powerful exercise twice a day to improve blood circulation to the scalp and to stop hair fall.
3. Some Of The Exercises For Hair Growth Is
- Shashankashana (Rabbit pose)
- Shirshashana (headstand)
- Adho mukha svanasana
Practicing the above powerful yoga technique can help you to stop hair fall and promotes healthy hair growth. They improve the blood blow to the scalp and by increasing oxygen levels in the scalp. These are the best natural ways to combat hair fall and all hair related disorders.
4. Best Home Remedies For Hair Fall
There are several beneficial herbs to treat hair fall in a natural way which are chemical and paraben free. The active mineral content in herbs helps to manage all hair disorders and promotes healthy lustrous hair. Let’s check out the hair regrowth stimulators which help in stimulating healthy hair follicles.
5. Black Cumin Oil (Kalonji)
Black seeds are enriched with powerful antioxidants like thymoquinone and other beneficial contents like calcium, iron, and potassium with amino and omega fatty acids. They promote natural hair growth by stimulating hair follicles. Application of black seed oil can stop hair fall and clears all hair ailments. It is foremost one in hair loss remedies.
How To Use:
- Grind a tablespoon of kalonji seeds into a fine powder and then grind a tablespoon of fenugreek seeds into a powder.
- Add 100 ml of coconut oil and 50 ml of castor oil in a mixing bowl. Add kalonji powder and fenugreek powder to the oil and mix all the ingredients.
- Heat the oil through an indirect heat method and allow it to become cool.
- Strain the solution and store it in an airtight glass container after 24 hours.
- Apply it on your scalp and hair and gently massage for a few minutes.
- Leave it on for half an hour and rinse it off with a mild shampoo followed by hair conditioner. Massage your hair with kalonji oil twice in a week to prevent heavy hair fall.
6. Onions With Aloe Vera
The sulfur which is a vital mineral present in onions helps to reduce the inflammation of the scalp and prevents shedding of hair. It nourishes the scalp with essential supplements and prevents hair fall. It helps to strengthen hair follicles by stimulating the blood circulation to the scalp.
How To Use:
- Grab a fresh aloe vera leaf and extract the gel from it with a knife or spoon. Peel off the onions and chop them into usual slices and blend them in a blender to form a fine paste.
- Add two tablespoons of castor oil and one tablespoon of coconut oil to the paste and mix everything well together.
- Apply it to your hair including your scalp and gently massage it for 5-10 minutes using your fingertips.
- Let it sit for at least 45 minutes and rinse it with a mild shampoo followed by a conditioner.
- Addition of any essential oil like lavender oil or rosemary oil can offer you an aromatic sense by reducing the pungent smell of onions.
- Repeat the remedy twice a week to improve hair growth and to prevent hair fall.
7. Warm Oil Massage To Stop Hair Fall
Hot oil treatment is an extraordinary remedy to stop hair fall. It encourages blood flow to the scalp which allows the nutrients like keratin to penetrate quickly into the follicles and stimulates the regrowth of hair.
How To Apply:
- Boil three tablespoons of oil (Coconut oil or castor oil) in a medium flame for 3 minutes to enhance their proteins.
- Apply the oil all over your hair including your scalp. Massage it gently for 5-10 minutes using your fingertips to stop hair fall.
- Stand straight and inhale deeply then down your hair and head down watching the floor for few seconds. You may experience the sensation of blood circulation to the scalp.
- Moreover, get back to position and exhale slowly. Repeat the steps for few minutes to improve the blood circulation to the scalp.
8. Homemade Herbal Oil To Stop Hair Fall
The following herbal oil can be used as a natural conditioner of hair. It enhances the hair follicles and provides deep nourishment due to its high content of vitamins and antioxidants. The quick penetrating capacity of this herbal oil improves the strength of hair roots and restores enough moisture to prevent hair loss.
How To Prepare:
- Add 250 ml of sesame oil and 100 ml of coconut oil to a boiling pan, 50 ml of olive oil in a steaming bowl.
- Keep it on a low flame and add two tablespoons of fenugreek seeds and raw ten amla slices and a few Curry leaves to the oil.
- After few seconds, add a tablespoon of aloe vera gel and 8-10 fresh hibiscus leaves and a smashed hibiscus flower and allow it to boil for 3-4 minutes.
- Let the solution gets cool and stores it in a glass container by straining the solution.
- Apply the oil all over your hair and massage your scalp for 5-10 minutes to increase blood circulation.
- Repeat the massage twice a week to stop hair fall profoundly.
9. Foods To Be Consumed To Prevent Hair Fall
A nutritional diet offers healthy and robust hair by providing necessary supplements to the hair follicles. Foods which are enriched with vitamins, proteins, antioxidants, and calcium and iron properties help to stimulate the growth of hair, and as well it can stop hair fall due to nutritional deficiency.
- Spinach and all leafy vegetables( folate, beta-carotene, iron)
- Eggs ( proteins and biotin)
- Cashew dates and almonds( magnesium, iron, and copper)
- Vitamin-C supplements
- Salmon fish ( omega three fatty acids and proteins)
- Blueberries and broccoli
- Walnuts ( biotin, vitamin E, fatty acids)
10. Simple Precautions To Reduce Hair Fall
- Always use mild shampoos and avoid the regular head bath. Never skip conditioner after the head bath.
- Add leafy vegetables to your regular diet to provide essential nutrients to your hair.
- Keep yourself stress-free and sleep well for at least 7 hours.
- Avoid harsh hair styling techniques and chemical hair care products.
- Trim your hair on a regular basis to avoid split ends.
- Massage your hair with oil at least a week to stop hair fall.
- Cover your hair with scarf or hat from harsh sunlight and pollution.
- Avoid excess consumption of alcohol and drugs.
- Always opt for paraben free shampoos and conditioners.
Avoid harsh chemical hair treatments which are very expensive and may lead to severe damage to hair.
Always opt for home remedies which are safe and economical for better and natural hair growth.