This post was most recently updated on August 3rd, 2019
Hair breakage is a most common problem occurs due to less moisture content in hair. Hair breakage starts when the hair loses its natural oils and moisture content from its strands and scalp. Some of the causes of hair breakage are sulfate shampoos, harsh driers, pollution, avoiding conditioners.
There is no need to visit parlors, which are cost-effective. The treatment for hair breakage can be done at home by some simple home remedies which are cheap and effective. Let’s see how to stop hair breakage naturally.
- 1 Tips To Reduce Hair Breakage
- 2 How To Stop Hair Breakage Using Home Remedies
- 2.1 1. Oils Massage To Stop Hair Breakage
- 2.2 2. Onion For Hair Breakage Treatment
- 2.3 3. Coconut Milk
- 2.4 4. Yogurt And Egg Hair Mask
- 2.5 5. Castor Oil With Coconut Oil
- 2.6 6. Banana And Honey Mask
- 2.7 7. Aloe Vera For Hair Breakage
- 2.8 8. Hair Breakage Treatment With Hibiscus
- 2.9 9. Healthy Diet To Prevent Hair Breakage
- 2.10 10. How To Stop Hair Breakage With Egg Mask
- 2.11 11. Fenugreek Seeds To Stop Hair Breakage
- 2.12 12. Hibiscus And Mustard Oil
- 2.13 13. Suggestions To Prevent Hair Breakage
- 2.14 14. Trim Your Hair Ends
Tips To Reduce Hair Breakage
- Avoid washing your hair more than 3times in a week which removes the natural oils from your scalp and hair.
- Always prefer mild shampoos which are free of sulfates and parabens to protect your hair from damage.
- Never skip conditioner to lock the moisture content and for smooth cuticles.
- Try to keep your hair away from sun exposure, which absorbs oils from the scalp that leads to hair breakage.
- Consume healthy diets which are rich in numerous nutrients which provide natural, healthy hair growth.
- Massage your hair with natural oils twice in a week to keep your hair moisturized and for the hydrated scalp.
- Avoid excess medications which lead to heavy hair fall and reduce the stress.
- Regular removal of split ends protects your hair from breakage.
How To Stop Hair Breakage Using Home Remedies
1. Oils Massage To Stop Hair Breakage
Regular usage of oils keeps your hair healthy and moisturized. Oils are rich in vitamins proteins, antioxidants, and other essential properties that help to cure many scalp related problems and nourish the hair. Warm oil massage is an excellent treatment for hair breakage. It is the fastest one in-home remedies for hair breakage and also helps to get rid of dandruff.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of olive or coconut oil in a clean bowl and heat them for 2 minutes in a medium flame.
- Let it get warm and massage your scalp by applying it all over your hair thoroughly.
- Leave it overnight and wash it off with fresh water by paraben-free shampoo.
- Massage your hair thrice in a week to lock the moisture in your scalp and hair strands to reduce hair damage.
2. Onion For Hair Breakage Treatment
Onions are fully loaded with sulfur, which helps to reduce the hair breakage and reduces hair fall. The Anti-bacterial and anti-fungus properties of onion it helps to remove dandruff from your scalp, stimulates the keratin protein that allows significant hair growth. It is the best and quick remedy for hair breakage remedies to get rid of damaged hair.
- Take 2-3 small onions and grind them into a fine paste.
- Add a few drops of lavender or rose oil to avoid the pungent smell of onion paste.
- Apply that onion juice to your hair and massage all over your hair, including the scalp.
- Leave it for about 30 minutes and rinse off with lukewarm water by mild shampoo followed by conditioner.
- You can use this remedy twice in a week for fast hair breakage treatment.
3. Coconut Milk
Coconut milk is an excellent hair moisturizer which prevents hair breakage and removes split ends. It seals the moisture content in hair strands and reduces hair fall.
- Take a cup of coconut pieces and grind them into a fine paste.
- Extract the milk from the paste using a filter.
- Apply the milk all over your hair and massage it for 2-3 minutes.
- Leave it for 30 minutes and rinse it off with a mild shampoo.
- Use this remedy twice a week to reduce hair damage.
4. Yogurt And Egg Hair Mask
The antioxidants in yogurt prevent hair breakage and hair fall. Eggs are rich in vital proteins and vitamins for hair growth. This mask is so compelling and used for hair breakage treatment.
- Extract the egg white from two eggs and add two tablespoons of fresh yogurt and combined them well together.
- Apply it all over your hair entirely and massage it for 3 minutes.
- Cover it with a shower cap for 20-30 minutes and rinse it off using lukewarm water.
- Repeat this remedy thrice in a week to treat hair breakage.
5. Castor Oil With Coconut Oil
The high viscosity of castor oil protects the hair from damage and prevents hair breakage. It is rich in vitamin E, which promotes healthy hair growth. Coconut oil should be added to it due to its thickness. The combination of these two oils creates a thick layer of hair and protects it from hair damage and breakage.
- Take two tablespoons of castor oil and merge it well with one tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Massage your scalp and hair entirely for 2-3 minutes.
- Leave it overnight to prevent heavy hair fall and also to reduce dandruff.
- Rinse off with a mild shampoo by using lukewarm water.
- Use this best remedy twice in a week.
6. Banana And Honey Mask
We can use a banana and honey mask for hair breakage treatment. Bananas enriched with high amounts of potassium, which helps to fix the damaged hair. Honey acts as a cleanser, and it is a beneficial moisturizer for hair. Banana and honey mask is one of the extraordinary remedies in home remedies for hair breakage.
- Mash one banana into a fine paste in a blender and add one teaspoon of honey to it and mix them well.
- Apply it all over your hair by gentle massage and let it for 30 minutes.
- Rinse off with a mild shampoo using lukewarm water.
- Use this remedy once a week to get healthy, silky hair.
7. Aloe Vera For Hair Breakage
The glutinous aloe vera gel works well in hair care when compared to other home ingredients. Numerous products include the aloe vera gel to treat different skin and hair disorders. You can apply Aloe Vera gel directly to your hair or can add some other ingredients to it. It removes dandruff from your scalp and nourishes the hair roots and also provides enough moisture to your hair that helps to stop hair breakage.
- Add a tablespoon of lemon juice or castor oil and E capsule oil to 4 tablespoons of Aloe Vera gel.
- Mix everything well together to form a uniform paste.
- Apply it to your hair and massage for a few minutes and leave it overnight.
- Wash off using a mild shampoo using hot water.
8. Hair Breakage Treatment With Hibiscus
Hibiscus leaves are enriched with vital nutrients and vitamins which help for healthy hair growth. It reduces premature greying of hair by transforming your hair into the silky black hair. Also, it helps to get rid of dandruff and relieve the scalp from different infections.
- Grind 15-20 hibiscus leaves in a blender into a thick fine paste. Add vitamin E oil which is extracted from E capsule.h
- Mix them well together and apply it on your hair, including the scalp.
- Let it for half an hour and rinse it off with lukewarm water for shiny hair.
- Use this remedy twice a week to reduce hair damage and to get silky hair naturally.
9. Healthy Diet To Prevent Hair Breakage
Consume fresh leafy vegetables, sprouted nuts, fishes which have lots of proteins, vitamins, omega fatty acids, minerals, and other essential nutrients which required for healthy hair growth.
10. How To Stop Hair Breakage With Egg Mask
Eggs mask works excellent for hair breakage treatment; it enriched with proteins which help the healthy growth of hair and other nutrients enhance the strength of the hair roots. It locks the moisture in the hair strands and scalp.
- Add a tablespoon of olive oil to the egg white and mix them well together.
- Apply that blend to your hair and gently massage your hair from roots to ends with your fingertips.
- Leave it for 30 minutes and rinse it off with a lower content sulfate shampoo.
11. Fenugreek Seeds To Stop Hair Breakage
Fenugreek seeds are also one of the best remedies to stop hair breakage. Antioxidants, minerals, and vitamins are abundant in it, which can prevent dry scalp, nourish the scalp cells. Addition of apple cider vinegar to it helps to in check the overproduction of natural oil from the scalp that causes oily hair. The nutritional values in these two ingredients keep your hair healthy by providing sufficient moisture.
How To Use:
- Soak a handful of fenugreek seeds in water, leave it overnight.
- Remove the water from the fenugreek seeds and add a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to it.
- Mix them well and apply it to your hair which provides essential nutrients along with sufficient moisture to your hair.
- Continue this remedy weekly twice to stop hair breakage naturally.
12. Hibiscus And Mustard Oil
Hibiscus juice seems like glutinous gel, the presence of vitamins, irons, and antioxidants in it provide sufficient moisture to your hair and nourish them. You can add mustard oil with it to acquire results quickly. This oil widely is used to treat various kinds of skin conditions due to its healing properties, some people also reported that topical usage mustard could keep hair healthy, prevents damage from the air and water pollution.
How To Use:
- Add a few leaves of hibiscus to a cup of mustard oil and heat them on a little flame.
- Filter them with cotton clothe after 24 hours and store them in a bottle.
- Give a little message to your hair roots with your tips of fingers while applying oil to your hair that enhances roots.
- Continue this remedy weekly thrice to stop hair breakage quickly.
13. Suggestions To Prevent Hair Breakage
- Don’t wash your hair with shampoo regularly that can remove impurities from your scalp but the presence of harsh chemicals in them can damage hair shafts and wipe out natural oils on your scalp and leads to hair breakage.
- Avoid harsh straightening treatments, which are the primary reasons for hair breakage which weaken the hair shafts. You can straighten your hair with home remedies instead of chemical creams.
- Hot air from hair driers dries the natural oil on your scalp, which leads to dry, flaky hair. Avoid excess use of driers.
- Hairstyling can transform your normal hair into different looks, but they weaken the hair strands. Try to avoid hairstyling techniques.
14. Trim Your Hair Ends
Trimming of hair ends can prevent hair breakage. Regularly remove all the split ends to reduce hair damage.
Follow these things with the above hair breakage remedies to reduce hair damage.