This post was most recently updated on July 13th, 2018
Soft silky hair offers an elegant appearance for everyone. There are numerous hair treatments to get that glossy hair look, but which shows a negative impact on the health of the hair. Let’s see how to get soft hair with home remedies which are natural and free from harsh chemicals.
- 1 Natural Home Remedies For Soft Hair
- 1.1 1. Aloe Vera
- 1.2 2. Egg Provide Shiny Soft Hair
- 1.3 3. Coconut Oil Provides Soft And Silky Hair
- 1.4 4. Henna Leaves For Soft Hair
- 1.5 5. Hibiscus For Smooth And Silky Soft Hair
- 1.6 6. Avocado
- 1.7 7. Banana
- 1.8 8. Olive Oil
- 1.9 9. Coconut Milk
- 1.10 5 Useful Tips For Silky Hair
Natural Home Remedies For Soft Hair
Hair loses its luster when it is damaged due to the absence of natural oil of the hair follicle. Dry, damaged hair gives you a dull and frizzy look. It can be fixed with the following home remedies with low effort and less money. These remedies restore the strength of the hair and also moisturize them.
1. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera gel acts as a natural conditioner of hair which moisturizes the hair deeply. The presence of vitamin E acts as a natural antioxidant and prevents different types of scalp disorders. It adds shine and efficiently provides lustrous hair.
Direction Of Usage:
- Add a tablespoon of olive oil or coconut oil to two tablespoons of Aloe Vera gel.
- Apply the mixture to your hair and massage your scalp for a few minutes.
- Leave it for about 30 minutes and rinse it off with lukewarm water.
2. Egg Provide Shiny Soft Hair
Lack of moisture in hair leads to breakage of hair and results in hair loss. The generous amount of proteins and vitamins in egg helps to get smooth and lustrous hair. It contributes moisture to the outer layer of hair, and its fatty acids nourish hair follicles to avoid hair loss problems. You can add yogurt to egg white which can provide silky hair and prevents dandruff due to fungus.
Direction Of Usage-1:
- Add a tablespoon of olive oil to egg white and mix them well to obtain a uniform blend.
- Apply the solution to your hair and massage for few minutes including your scalp.
- Cover your hair with a cotton towel or shower cap and leave it for about 30 minutes.
- Rinse off with your regular shampoo.
- Add an egg yolk to a cup of fresh yogurt and blend them well together.
- Apply the mixture to your hair and leave it for at least 45 minutes.
- Wash it off with a mild shampoo. Repeat the remedy once in a week.
These two processes help to repair damaged hair follicles and contribute softness to your hair. You can use these remedy twice in a week.
3. Coconut Oil Provides Soft And Silky Hair
Coconut oil keeps your scalp cool by protecting against harmful sun rays and promotes hair growth. It works great to get silky and soft hair. Its vitamin-E, antioxidants and some other nutrients quickly penetrate into hair follicles and provide enough strength to hair. Moreover, it has anti-microbial and anti-bacterial properties, which prevent several types of hair loss problems due to dandruff and bacteria.
- Add a tablespoon of lemon juice to two tablespoons of warm coconut oil.
- Apply that mixture to your hair including the scalp. Massage it for a few minutes.
- Cover your hair with cotton cloth for about 25 to 35 minutes.
- Wash it off with your regular shampoo followed by conditioner.
- Add 5 to 6 garlic cloves to two tablespoons of coconut oil and boil them for 2 minutes on a medium flame.
- Massage your scalp with the warm oil by removing garlic cloves and cover your entire hair with the oil.
- Leave it overnight and rinse it off with a mild shampoo on the next morning.
- Follow these two useful tips for silky hair.
- Light warmed coconut oil has a quick penetration ability which penetrates into the damaged hair and supplies essential nutrients to it. You can use this remedy once or twice a week.
4. Henna Leaves For Soft Hair
Henna is a natural herb which helps to get smooth and soft hair. It removes flakes on your scalp by balancing the Ph of the scalp and contributes nutrients to hair follicles. It acts as a coolant and natural conditioner for hair. Henna powder is also used as a natural die for hair which promotes silky soft hair.
- Soak two tablespoons of henna powder in a cup of tea decoction and let it overnight.
- Apply paste to your scalp and hair and leave it for about 30 minutes.
- Rinse it off with a mild shampoo. Use this remedy twice in a month for silky soft hair.
- Add four tablespoons of henna powder to two egg yolks and one tablespoon of coconut oil. Mix them well to form a thick paste by adding few drops of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Follow these simple tips for silky hair.
- It completely removes flakes on your scalp. Nutrients of henna contribute moisture to the damaged hair follicles and add shine to your hair.
5. Hibiscus For Smooth And Silky Soft Hair
Hibiscus is an excellent herb which promotes silky soft hair. Some researchers have already revealed the benefits of hibiscus. Medicinal values enriched within hibiscus leaves offers thick black color and prevent dandruff. It repairs the damaged hair and provides silky soft hair. Moreover, it acts as a coolant which cools down the entire body while it is applied to the scalp.
- Grab 10-15 hibiscus leaves and grind them into a fine paste.
- Massage your scalp and cover your entire hair up to hair roots with it and leave it for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Rinse it off with a mild shampoo for silky soft hair.
You can use this tip once or twice a week.
The profound soothing effect of avocado softens the rough cuticles of hair by conditioning them. The presence of essential vitamins, proteins, minerals and other nutrients in avocado gives strength to damaged hair and provides silky soft hair.
- Grind a ripe avocado into a fine paste and add a tablespoon of fresh lemon juice and mix them well together.
- Apply it all over your hair and cover it with a shower cap for at least 45 minutes. Rinse it off with a regular shampoo.
- Repeat the remedy twice in a week. It is one of the useful home remedies for soft hair.
Banana is a powerhouse of proteins and fats which are very beneficial for hair. It moisturizes the hair and keeps the hair in a hydrated condition. It provides lustrous and soft silky hair.
- Take a ripe banana and chop it into small slices. Add two tablespoons of aloe vera gel to it and blend them to gain a thick paste.
- Add one tablespoon of honey and two tablespoons of coconut oil to that paste and mix them well together.
- Apply it all over your hair including the scalp and let it for half an hour. Rinse it off with a mild shampoo.
- Repeat the remedy once in a week to get silky hair.
8. Olive Oil
Olive oil is rich in monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fatty acids which are beneficial for hair. The high presence of Vitamin E which is a powerful antioxidant helps to solve all hair disorders. Its vitamin K and linoleic repairs damaged hair cells and offered lustrous, silky hair.
- Add three tablespoons of olive oil to 2 tablespoons of fresh yogurt and blend them well together.
- Apply it to your hair covering from top to roots. Gently massage your scalp with it for at least 5 minutes with your fingertips.
- Rinse it off with a mild shampoo after 45 minutes.
- Add two tablespoons of olive oil to one tablespoon of almond oil and aloe vera gel. Combine all the ingredients well together.
- Massage your scalp with it and cover your entire hair with the oil and let it overnight.
- Wash it off with cold water by using a natural shampoo.
9. Coconut Milk
Coconut milk is extracted by squeezing the blend of the coconut flesh. It is highly abundant in manganese, iron, magnesium and some of the other components which promote healthy hair growth. It offers lustrous and silky hair and works great to prevent split ends.
Extraction Of Coconut Milk
Remove the flesh of the coconut and chop them into small pieces. Blend them well in a blender and place the paste in a clean cloth. Squeeze the fabric in a bowl to collect the coconut milk. Repeat the process to gain the required amount of liquid.
- Add two tablespoons of coconut milk to one tablespoon of olive oil and a half teaspoon of raw honey and mix them well together to form a fine paste.
- Apply it all over your hair and gently massage your scalp with it for a few minutes. Rinse it off with a mild shampoo after 40 minutes.
- Repeat the remedy twice in a week to get glossy hair. It is the foremost one in home remedies for soft hair.
5 Useful Tips For Silky Hair
- Always use conditioner after the shampoo to lock the moisture in the hair shafts.
- Choose the shampoos which are free from parabens and harmful chemicals.
- Never comb your wet hair which leads to hair breakage.
- Detangle your hair before taking head bath and apply the conditioner only on the scalp.
- Wash your hair less often and always use cold water for washing your hair.
Follow the healthy and nutritional diet with above tips for silky hair and healthy hair growth.