This post was most recently updated on May 25th, 2019
Suntan occurs due to the direct focus of sun rays which encourages the overproduction of melanin and results in hyperpigmentation. It also results in the formation of black spots and wrinkles on the skin. So it is necessary to remove the tan on our skin in all seasons. So let’s see how to remove sun tan from the face and around the neck.
There are various expensive de-tan treatments and facials in the market which cannot afford by everyone. Opt to home remedies for tan removal which are very cheap and can be easily made at home with natural ingredients. ]
- 1 Best Suggestions To Remove Suntan
- 2 Home Remedies For Tan Removal
- 2.1 1. Milk
- 2.2 2. Aloe Vera And Olive Oil
- 2.3 3. Sandalwood Powder And Milk
- 2.4 4. Lemon And Honey Pack
- 2.5 5. Potato To Remove Sun Tan
- 2.6 6. Cucumber And Milk
- 2.7 7. Sugar Scrub
- 2.8 8. Turmeric To Remove Suntan
- 2.9 9. Papaya
- 2.10 10. Tomato
- 2.11 11. Pineapple And Honey
- 2.12 12. Milk And Turmeric Powder
- 2.13 13. Tomato Pulp, Oats And Yogurt
Best Suggestions To Remove Suntan
- Apply natural fruit face packs to your face.
- Try to consume vitamin-c contained fruits such as Amla and Orange.
- Massage your skin with milk on a regular basis.
- Drink at least 5 to 6 liters of water in a day for hydrated skin.
- Cover your skin with scarves when you step out from home.
- Make sure to clean your face with gentle cleansers at least twice a day.
Home Remedies For Tan Removal
The following are very effective home remedies for tan removal which are free from side effects. These are cost friendly, and the preparation is effortless.
Milk contains high amounts of multi-protein and vitamin formulas. It is the popular remedy to remove suntan from face, neck, and hands. The lactic acid present in milk helps to brighten the skin by nourishing it internally.
- Add a teaspoon of fresh lemon juice to one tablespoon of raw milk. Combine them well together.
- Apply it on your face and leave it for about 25 minutes.
- Rinse it off with regular water and pat your skin dry with clean cloth.
- You can use this tan removal home remedy on a daily basis for the fresh, glowing skin.
2nd Way Of Usage:
- Mix two tablespoons of raw milk with one tablespoon of gram flour and one teaspoon of honey and few drops of raw honey into a fine paste.
- Rub it over your skin gently and let it for half an hour. Wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Follow these two super beneficial milk home remedies for tan removal for the instant glowing skin.
2. Aloe Vera And Olive Oil
Aloe Vera is an advantageous ingredient given by nature. It cures several problems in our body. You can use it to remove suntan from face and hands. It is loaded with 90% of water and other favorable nutrients like proteins, vitamins, antioxidants, minerals, anti-bacterial, and antifungal properties help to heal all the wounds. Olive oil softens the skin and can quickly absorb by skin.
- Add two tablespoons of aloe vera gel to one tablespoon of olive oil and combine them well together.
- Apply it on your face and all over your skin and rub it gently for 2-3 minutes.
- Wash it off with cold water after 30 minutes to remove tan.
2nd Way Of Use:
- Mix 2-3 tablespoons of Aloe Vera gel to one tablespoon of fresh lemon juice to it.
- Slather it on your skin and leave it for at least 25 minutes.
- Rinse off with cold water and pat your skin dry.
- Continue this home remedies for tan removal in few applications.
3. Sandalwood Powder And Milk
Sandalwood and milk mask is better for face to remove sun tan. It is widely used in several beauty products to treat skin problems. It removes black spots on face and milk brightens the skin by nourishing the skin cells.
- Add two tablespoons of sandalwood powder to 4 tablespoons of raw milk.
- Mix them well together to form a fine paste and apply it on your face and massage for few minutes.
- Wash it off with cold water after 30 minutes and pat your skin dry.
4. Lemon And Honey Pack
Honey can remove sun tan from face and hands while adding few drops of lemon juice to it. Vitamins, proteins, and antioxidants are rich in honey which show the way to the dead cells from your skin and help to the formation of new cells. That combination helps in removing dark spots on face and promote natural glow to the face skin.
- Add two tablespoons of honey to two tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Slather it on your skin and massage for 5 minutes.
- Wash off the application with lukewarm water after 30 minutes.
Repeat this tan removal home remedy twice in a week.
5. Potato To Remove Sun Tan
Potato is enriched with numerous nutrients which are needed by the skin. We can use it as the tan remover. Their essential source of nutrients helps in removing of fine lines on the face, and it promotes the elasticity of the face skin. You can add lemon juice to it for better results. Let’s see how to use this useful home remedy to remove tan.
- Grind four pieces of potato to acquire a smooth paste and add a tablespoon of lemon juice to it.
- Spread it over your skin and massage it for few minutes. Rinse off with lukewarm water after 30 minutes.
6. Cucumber And Milk
Cucumber paste and milk combination is excellent to remove sun tan from the face. It contains the cooling properties, and milk having the multi-protein formula. The combination of these two ingredients nourishes the skin and provides natural glowing.
- Add two tablespoons of milk to fresh cucumber paste.
- Apply it on your face and leave it on your skin for at least 20 minutes.
- Rinse it off with fresh water. Regular usage of this remedy offers tan-free skin.
7. Sugar Scrub
Sugar is an excellent exfoliation of dead skin cells and good moisturizer of skin. The combination of lemon and sugar is very effective one in home remedies to remove suntan completely.
- Wipe your face with rose water to remove all the dirt and makeup residues.
- Cut a fresh lemon into two half’s and remove its seeds from it. Dip the lemon piece in sugar and slowly scrub your face with it by little squeezing in a circular motion.
- Massage your face with it for 3-4 minutes and rinse it off with a mild cleanser after 20 minutes.
- Let your skin dries up completely and then apply a moisturizer.
- Follow this home remedy to remove sun tan only at night times.
8. Turmeric To Remove Suntan
The anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties of turmeric powder prevent acne, pimples and remove suntan and wrinkles on the skin. It lightens the skin complexion and reduces hyperpigmentation.
- Add one teaspoon of turmeric powder to two teaspoons of rose water and mix it well by adding few drops of fresh lemon juice to get a fine paste.
- Slather it on your face and massage it for 3-4 minutes in a gentle circular motion.
- Wash it off after half an hour and pat your skin dry and apply the skin moisturizer.
- Use this beneficial home remedy for tan removal twice in a week.
Papaya acts as a tanning agent which lightens the dark tan skin. It hydrates the skin and also delays the process of aging. The nutritional properties of papaya help to get moisturized skin by removing all the dark spots and acne blemishes.
- Rinse your face with fresh water to remove all the dirt on your skin. Mash ripe papaya into a fine paste in a clean bowl.
- Apply it all over your face, neck and wherever you have the tan and massage it for a few seconds.
- Wash it off with normal water and pat your skin dry with a soft cloth.
- Use this remedy for instant removal of the suntan.
- You can also add a teaspoon of raw honey to it for the moisturized soft skin.
Tomato is an excellent skin whitening agent which removes all the dark spots and blemishes on the sin. It is very effective in sun ran removal which keeps the skin hydrated.
- Add 2tablespoons of fresh tomato paste to 1 teaspoon of gram flour and one teaspoon of fresh lemon juice.
- Combine everything well together to form a uniform mixture. Slather it on your skin and massage it for 4-5 minutes in a circular motion.
- Let it stand for 30 minutes and wash out the application by cold water.
11. Pineapple And Honey
Pineapple is most beneficial for skin complexion it enriched with vitamin-C and vitamin-A which helps to treat inflamed skin and provides brightness. The combination of honey and pineapple can remove sun tan from your face, hands and around the neck. Moreover, it prevents signs of aging.
- Add one tablespoon of honey to two tablespoons of pineapple paste.
- Apply it on your face and massage it for a few minutes.
- Leave it on your face for about 25 minutes and wash off with clean water.
12. Milk And Turmeric Powder
The presence of skin beneficial abilities in these both ingredients effectively remove suntan on the surface and also heals rashes. As well as multi proteins in the milk nourish your skin to get flawless glowing skin.
How To Use:
- Add a half tablespoon of pure turmeric powder to 3tablespoons of milk and mix well until getting a thick paste.
- Apply that paste to tan effected areas and leave it about 20 minutes.
- After this, Take a small cotton cloth and give a little message to your face in the circular motion.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
13. Tomato Pulp, Oats And Yogurt
Proteins, enzymes, lactic acid, and dead skin removal properties abundant in this combination of ingredients, thus, which effectively remove tan from the face. Moreover, the presence of remaining useful abilities soothes your skin from sunburn and provide natural glowing.
How To Use:
- Add a tablespoon of yogurt and oatmeal to tomato pulp and blend them well until getting a uniform mixture.
- Apply it to your face and rinse it off with tepid water after 30 minutes.
Always prefer home remedies for removing tan instead of harsh de tan treatments for desired results.