One of the significant problems which might experience by every single person at a certain point is stress. The overproduction of cortisol in the brain is the reason for the occurrence of stress and depression. It occurs when a person goes under heavy pressure due to several life situations. However, we can reduce stress with some management techniques which offers you deep relaxation.
Important Causes Of Stress
The following are the leading causes of stress and anxiety in a person.
- Heavy work
- Loss of loved ones
- Being jobless
- Insufficient sleep
- Electromagnetic waves
- Hormonal imbalances are the external cause of the pressure.
Health Disorders Caused By Stress
Being stressed for long-term or overstress shows an adverse effect on mental health and body which may lead to severe health disorders. Longtime stress can lead to high blood pressure, heart attacks and gastrointestinal problems. Short-term stress can cause headaches, loss of appetite and sleeping disorders. The following are some of the health disorders caused by stress and anxiety.
- Sleeping disorders
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Skin infections
- Loss of libido and infertility
- Gastrointestinal problems
- Lack of interest
- Hair fall
- Weight imbalances
- Best Stress Management Techniques
There are few stress management techniques are available to deal with stress. Let’s see how to reduce stress in natural ways.
- Physical Relaxation
- Mental Relaxation
- Emotional Relaxation
- Spiritual Relaxation
- Law Of Attraction
1. Physical Relaxation
Stress can decrease your immunity which can make you an unhealthy life. Physical activities help you to relieve stress. Exercises stimulate the nervous system and improve the resistance that allows you to get relaxation from the overstress.
Exercises not only help to build your muscles but also boost your endorphin levels and reduce stress stimulating hormones. Practicing some workouts promotes the production of brain chemicals like serotonin and dopamine. These two hormones help to relieve stress, anxiety and also combat depression.
- Walking for half an hour in a green park or garden helps you to reduce stress and depression.
- Running, aerobics, swimming, and other physical workouts can help you to gain a fresh and relaxed mind.
2. Mental Relaxation
A person with the exceptional psychological ability is the healthy person in the world. Try to relax your mind mentally by practicing meditation. It builds your self-confidence and reduces all negative thoughts in your mind.
Meditation at morning hours allows you to receive cosmic energy and shows better results. It contains positive vibrations which help to reduce stress instantly and improves your memory power. Regular meditation improves your concentration and combats all your tensions.
Pro Tip: Deep breathing action
Five minutes of breathing activity can relieve you from exhausting stress and anxiety. Deep Inhaling and exhaling provide you a peaceful and refreshed mind by improving oxygen levels in the body. Practicing yoga or meditation in a silent zone can help to relieve stress and gives you an overwhelming relaxation.
Practice yoga in the morning in a peaceful place to avoid stress and anxiety. It helps to get serotonin which is a calm-inducing hormone.
3. Emotional Relaxation
Negative thoughts about your family, friends or your life partners can lead to overstress and tension. Positive thinking can offer you a solution for every single problem you face. Spend your time with your loved ones or pets for mind relaxation. An affectionate hug from loved ones knocks down the stress and anxiety by inducing happy hormones in the body.
Pro Tip: Cuddling
Cuddling is a de-stressing act which relieves stress and depression by releasing oxytocin which is also known as the cuddle hormone in the body. Cuddling your partner can help the brain to produce serotonin to regulate the stress and anxiety. You can even hug a soft teddy bear or pillow to relieve stress. Having sex can control stress by releasing pleasing hormones in the body.
4. Spiritual Relaxation
Spirituality increases happiness which allows you to receive positive vibrations in any holy places. If you do not believe in god, then try to help the people who are in need and pain. The happiness of those people can relieve your stress by improving positive vibrations in the body.
Pro Tip: A good laugh
A laugh is an excellent stress buster. Laughing for a while increases the intake of oxygen and boosts endorphin levels in the body. It improves blood circulation, heartbeat and reduces stress and anxiety.
- Practicing laughter yoga improves your immune system and offers a refreshed mind and a healthy body.
- Watch funny videos or a comedy movie to relieve stress and depression.
5. Law Of Attraction
Attraction theory has solved plenty of situations which are associated with stress and anxiety. A definite feel is the first step to your success and happiness. Feel positive and remind all your good memories before going to sleep and start the day by repeating the same. Your subconscious mind will store your thoughts and offers you perfect solutions for your thoughts.
A Sound sleep
An Insufficient and disturbed sleep shows an awful effect on your mind and body. Having a sound sleep of 7-8 hours keeps you active and energized throughout the day. Avoid using mobile and laptops or watching TV for one hour of sleep. Always follow a perfect sleep pattern to reduce stress and anxiety.
Natural Home Remedies To Overcome Stress
We can combat stress through some natural home remedies which can reduce the stress hormones and anxiety levels. The following are some of the ingredients which can reduce stress by stimulating the production of neurotransmitters in the brain.
Theanine is a powerful weapon present in green tea which helps to combat stress practically. Intaking this tea provides a profound calming effect in the body by reducing the production of stress causing hormones.
The beneficial content of green tea
- Vitamins (A, D, C, E, K, B)
- Minerals (magnesium, zinc, chromium, selenium, manganese)
Being several beneficial compounds like polyphenols in green tea helps to stimulate serotonin and dopamine hormones. These two hormones are known as happy hormones which can reduce stress.
Consumption of green tea twice a day provides deep relaxation to mind through its strong calming and refreshing action.
A proper healthy diet can keep you away from health disorders and stress. Stress and depression can be regulated by intaking some food supplements. The following are some of the supplements which can regulate the stress hormone named cortisol.
- Cashew nuts (L- Tryptophan, B6, magnesium, iron)
- Dark chocolates (anti-anxiety agent)
- Salmon fish ( omega3 fatty acids)
- Leafy vegetables(folates)
- Blueberries ( phytochemicals, vitamin c)
- Milk (vitamin D, lactic acid)
- Almonds( vitamin B, magnesium)
- Vitamin C supplements ( oranges, lemon, kiwi)
- Oatmeal (L-Tyrosine)
Lavender Essential Oil
Lavender oil is well known for its deep calming and refreshing action due to its delightful aroma. It can relieve stress and depression and provides better sleep by relieving mental and nervous tensions.
- Spray 4-5 drops of lavender oil in your room or working area to feel refresh and relax.
- Add few drops of lavender essential oil to your bathtub to relieve stress and depression. You can also inhale lavender oil vapor for a calming effect.
Milk And Almonds
Being rich in magnesium almonds increases brain functioning and promotes the production of brain chemicals to alleviate stress. The lactic acid in milk helps to calm down and eases anxiety and stress by relaxing the nervous system.
- Soak 5-6 almonds in clean water overnight and grind them into a fine paste after removing the skin.
- Add the almond paste to a glass of warm milk and consume it on a regular basis to overcome stress and depression.
Regular body massage is the best way to alleviate stress and anxiety. It increases the blood circulation and provides muscle relaxation by reducing stress hormones. Massages help to relieve body pains and stimulates the immune system.
- Warm oil massage improves the production of serotonin and dopamine levels and provides deep relaxation to mind and body.
- Sesame oil is one of the best body massage oil known to relieve stress and anxiety.
The hot bath helps to relax both your body which can regulate mood and alleviate anxiety and stress. You can also add few drops of any essential oil for soothing and profound calming effect.
Simple tips to reduce stress and anxiety
- Avoid consumption of alcohol and smoking and drugs. Follow a regular sleep pattern by avoiding late night parties, mobiles, and laptops.
- Follow a proper healthy diet which includes green leafy vegetables and never skip breakfast.
- Have an own conversation with you standing in front of a mirror to motivate yourself. Be confident and try to adapt yourself according to the situations.
- Have a regular dialogue with your loved ones to relieve your stress. Try to sleep 6-8 hours a day.
- Be positive by avoiding all your negative thoughts and place your ideas and problems on yours.