This post was most recently updated on August 5th, 2018
Potato is widely used all over the world for different food and also for beauty purposes. It is associated with 80% of water and beneficial Vitamin-C and B with essential carbohydrates. It is one of the common ingredients found in everyone’s kitchen all around the globe. Apart from cooking it serves various skin and hair benefits due to the presence of potent antioxidants and nutrients in it. The following are the amazing benefits of potatoes
|Components of potato||Health benefits|
|Vitamin-C, B, and K||Prevent free radicals and wrinkles|
|Carbohydrates and fiber||Relieves constipation|
|Potassium and magnesium||Heart health and immunity power|
|Calcium and phosphorous||Boosts bone strength|
|Iron and zinc||Prevents premature aging|
|Pantothenic acid and folate||Reduces inflammation|
|Antioxidants and phytochemicals||Lowers blood pressure|
- 1 Excellent Potato Benefits For Skin
- 1.1 1. Potato Face Mask To Smooth Out Wrinkles
- 1.2 2. Skin Cleanser
- 1.3 3. Potato Benefits For Suntan
- 1.4 4. Fads Out Dark Spots And Blemishes
- 1.5 5. Radiant Glowing Skin
- 1.6 6. Prevent Dry Skin
- 1.7 7. Potato Benefits For Oily Skin
- 1.8 8. Lightens Dark Circles
- 2 Amazing Benefits Of Potato For Hair
Excellent Potato Benefits For Skin
Potatoes are proved to be beneficial for skin due to the high presence of vitamin-C and potent antioxidants along with powerful bleaching and lightening properties. It’s surface associated with decent amounts of potassium and starch which serves several skin benefits. Let’s check out the exciting benefits of potato for skin care.
1. Potato Face Mask To Smooth Out Wrinkles
The presence of antioxidants and vitamin-c in it helps to smooth out wrinkles and fine lines by eliminating free radicals. It also reduces hyperpigmentation and slow sows the process of aging. It is enhancing the elastin production and improves skin complexion by lowering unwanted blemishes and spots.
How To Use:
- Combine two tablespoons of fresh potato juice with one tablespoon of fresh cucumber juice well together.
- Massage your face with the mixture for 5-6 minutes and let it on for 30 minutes. Rinse it off with clean water and pat your skin dry.
- Repeat the remedy thrice a week to gain radiant, glowing skin without wrinkles and blemishes.
2. Skin Cleanser
Being rich in bleaching properties potatoes helps to exfoliate the dead skin cells from clogged pores and removes the dirt from them. It acts as a natural facial cleanser when it is combined with yogurt. The presence of lactic acid in yogurt helps to tighten the large open pores and prevents acne and pimples.
How To Use:
- Add a tablespoon of yogurt to two tablespoons of potato paste and combine them well together.
- Apply it all over your clean skin and let it on for at least 45 minutes.
- Rinse it off with fresh tepid water and pat your skin dry with a clean cloth.
- Repeat the remedy twice a week to exfoliate all the dead skin cells and to remove clogged pores.
3. Potato Benefits For Suntan
The presence of bleaching and soothing properties in potato helps to soothe sunburn skin and reduces tan by providing the decent cooling effect. Simply spray fresh potato juice on your skin and let it on for 20-30 minutes and rinse it off with cold water to remove sun tan. It rejuvenates the damaged skin and prevents hyperpigmentation.
4. Fads Out Dark Spots And Blemishes
The generous amount of potassium and vitamin-C in potatoes help to lighten the skin complexion by reducing unwanted scars and blemishes on the surface of the skin. Its facial mask helps to get rid of dark spots and acne scars by enhancing the collagen production due to the presence of starch.
How To Use:
- Blend some pieces of potato into a fine paste and extract the juice by from the paste using a clean cloth.
- Add one tablespoon of fresh lemon juice to two tablespoons of potato juice and mix them well together. Apply it on your clean and dry skin and gently massage it for a few minutes using your fingertips.
- Allow it to place on face for about 30-40 minutes and wash it off using cold water and pat your skin dry. Repeat the remedy on a regular basis for 2-3 weeks to get rid of dark spots and blemishes on the surface.
5. Radiant Glowing Skin
Potato is associated with a beneficial skin enzyme named Catalase and bleaching properties. It helps to fade all the dark blemishes and black spots along with acne scars and offers crystal glowing skin. It acts as a natural cleanser and lightens the skin complexion and helps to gain smooth and supple skin with bight look.
How To Use:
- Mix a tablespoon of fresh tomato juice with two tablespoons of potato juice and massage your face with the mixture for few minutes.
- Rinse it off with cold water after half an hour. Repeat the remedy thrice a week to own clean, healthy glowing skin.
6. Prevent Dry Skin
The presence of soothing and cooling properties in it helps to treat dry skin profoundly. It moisturizes the skin and helps it to stay super hydrated condition. Potato mask enhances the elastin of the skin and reduces dryness of the skin and makes skin supple and smooth.
How To Use:
- Extract the juice from potato paste and mix two tablespoons with a tablespoon of raw honey and mix them well together.
- Apply it all over your clean skin as a facial mask and let it on for at least 30 minutes. Rinse it off with fresh cold water and pat your skin dry.
- Repeat the remedy 2-3 times in a week to prevent dry and flaky skin in a couple of weeks.
7. Potato Benefits For Oily Skin
- Combine two tablespoon of potato juice with a tablespoon of rose water or lemon juice and apply the mixture on your skin. Rinse it off with cold water after 30minutes.
8. Lightens Dark Circles
Potato juice is a natural and chemical free ingredient which can lighten up the dark circles under the eyes by toning your skin complexion. Application of its juice helps to treat dark circles in a profound which eliminates them within few applications. It provides the cooling sensation and also helps to reduce puffiness of eyes.
How To Use:
- Apply the potato juice under your eyes before going to sleep and let it overnight. Rinse it off with regular water on the next morning.
- Repeat the remedy on a regular basis to eliminate the dark circles permanently. You can also reduce them by merely placing the raw potato slices on your eyes while sleeping.
Amazing Benefits Of Potato For Hair
Potato is enriched with several beneficial vitamins and proteins which boosts the strength of hair follicles by acting as a natural conditioner. The presence of iron, niacin, vitamin-c and antioxidants aids in it natural growth by reducing hair fall. The following are the benefits of potato for hair.
1. Make Hair Mask For Hair Growth
Being rich in starch and nutrients with antioxidants potato acts as a natural stimulator of hair growth by nourishing the scalp and hair strands. It helps to hydrate the scalp and balances the ph of the scalp and reduces clogged hair follicles due to its moisturizing capacity. Skip peeling potato skin because of the presence of powerful nutrients in its peel.
How To Use:
- Blend a potato and one onion into a fine paste and extract the juice from the pulp by the filter. Dip a cotton ball in the solution and apply it all over your scalp and massage it for few minutes.
- Leave it on for at least 45 minutes and rinse it off with a mild shampoo followed by conditioner. Repeat the remedy once in a week to promote natural hair growth with silky hair strands.
2. Relieves Dandruff
You can use raw juice to remove dandruff on the scalp or by adding a tablespoon of lemon juice to two tablespoons of potato paste. Gently massage your scalp with the solution for few minutes with your fingers tips. Its bleaching properties help to remove the dry, itchy flakes and open up the clogged pores of the hair follicles.
How To Use:
- Add a tablespoon of aloe vera gel and fresh lemon juice to two tablespoons of raw potato juice.
- Apply it over your scalp and on hair roots and gently massage for a few minutes.
- Let it on for at least 45 minutes and rinse it off with a mild shampoo followed by conditioner. Repeat the remedy once in a week to get rid of dandruff and dry itchy scalp.
3. Prevent Hair Fall
Being associated with several beneficial nutrients potato helps to avoid hair fall by rejuvenating the damaged hair follicles when it is combined with egg white. It open ups the clogged pores of hair follicles and supports hair growth by enhancing the strength of hair strands.
How To Use:
- Blend a fresh potato into a fine paste along with skin and add two tablespoons of raw potato juice to one egg white and combine them well together.
- Apply the mixture all over your hair covering the hair roots, split ends and massage your scalp with it.
- Rinse it off with a mild shampoo after 30 minutes. Repeat the procedure once in a week to prevent hair fall.