This post was most recently updated on January 16th, 2019
Oral thrush is a yeast infection that happens due to fungi. Usually, we called it Candida Albicans. In general, the group of fungus already exists in our body without creating a severe problem, but sometimes which can multiplies, causes oral thrush. Most of the people worried about how to treat oral thrush, however, I will let you know some proven oral thrush home remedies through this article let’s see.
- 1 Causes Of Oral Thrush
- 2 Symptoms Of Oral Thrush
- 3 Over-The-Counter-Medication For Oral Thrush
- 4 Best Oral Thrush Home Remedies
- 5 1. Turmeric Powder To Treat Oral Thrush
- 6 2. Salt Water And Holy Basil For Oral Thrush Treatment
- 7 3. Coconut Oil To Get Rid Of Oral Thrush
- 8 4. Garlic To Remove Oral Thrush
- 9 5. Lemon And Salt Water
- 10 6. Add Yogurt To Your Daily Diet
- 11 7. Lavender Oil
- 12 8. Apple Cider For Oral Thrush
- 13 9. Oregano Oil To Treat Oral Thrush
- 14 10. Take More Vitamin –C Contained Foods
- 15 11. Wash Your Mouth With Triphala Churna
- 16 12. Clove Oil To Reduce Oral Thrush
- 17 Precaution To Avoid Oral Thrush
- 18 Call Your Doctor:
Causes Of Oral Thrush
Poor hygiene, improper care of mouth, dried out of the tongue, and bad and good bacteria imbalances in the body are prime causes for this issue. Diabetes also one of the causes of yeast multiplies because of in the blood, sugar becomes nutritious to the fungus.
On the other hand, this types of fungus thrive in warm and moist areas, that’s the reason which mostly living in the genital regions, causes vaginal yeast infection and breast infection. In rare cases, which causes oral thrush due to the imbalance of good and bad bacteria in the body
Symptoms Of Oral Thrush
Tongue swelling, losing taste, fever, and irritation, white colored bumps on the tongue, slowing down the appetite are prime symptoms of oral thrush. It goes away its own without using any medication or remedies, while other times it can lead much intensity. In such cases, you need to follow some treatments and precautions to treat this issue.
Over-The-Counter-Medication For Oral Thrush
You can use over the counter medication for oral thrush which available in all drug stores. If that your problem severe, then consult the doctor.
Best Oral Thrush Home Remedies
There are some home remedies out there for oral thrush which has been proven by studies, and also doctors recommend them to treat thrush infection.
Note: As early possible reduce the causes and symptoms of the oral thrush, it can lead to infection if left untreated.
1. Turmeric Powder To Treat Oral Thrush
Turmeric powder has antibacterial, anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory are properties which work effectively in oral thrush treatment. If you are suffering from a mild stage of oral thrush, try it once to treat them.
- Turmeric Powder
- Hot Water
How To Use:
- Add a tablespoon of turmeric powder to a cup of lukewarm water and mix them well.
- Swish the throughout your mouth to clean.
- Split out the water after 5 minutes.
- Do this remedy at least two days if you didn’t notice any better results, call your doctor.
2. Salt Water And Holy Basil For Oral Thrush Treatment
Saltwater is a natural cleanser and also works as an anti-bacterial agent. Most of the people use it to treat skin condition such eczema psoriasis by adding holy basil leaves. Doctors also recommend it to clean your mouth. Saltwater can kill the germs in the mouth and also it reduces overgrowth of Candida Albicans. The presence of high content of medicinal values along with anti-microbial properties can effectively suppress the root causes and symptoms of oral thrush.
- Holy basil
- Salt Water
How To Use:
- Add 50ml of holy basil extract to a cup of water and mix them well until getting a uniform mixture.
- Take appropriate solution into your mouth and swish it for 3 minutes and spit out the solution.
- Do this remedy daily three times to see noticeable results.
3. Coconut Oil To Get Rid Of Oral Thrush
It is also one of the great oral thrush home remedies. Coconut oil enriched with anti-bacterial, anti-fungal along and antioxidants which can effectively reduce the infection causing fungus and helps to prevent further infections. It works great when your tongue has small bumps. Some people reported that the application of coconut oil could reduce the symptoms within two days, but it can take more than four days to reduce infection completely.
- Coconut Oil
- Cotton Swab
How To Use:
- Dip cotton swab a tablespoon of warm coconut oil and slowly apply it to affected areas.
- Leave it for 30 minutes and rinse it off with lukewarm water.
4. Garlic To Remove Oral Thrush
Garlic is an excellent medicine for oral thrush due to its unusual properties which have been proven by some studies. Most of the women apply garlic water on their genital areas to treat vaginal yeast infection. It also recommended treating oral thrush. Moreover, topical application and consumption of garlic can improve the healthy environment of your body that helps to prevent several types of infections.
- Garlic Extract
How to use:
- Extract juice from garlic and rinse throughout your mouth with for 2 to 3 minutes.
- After this, spit out it.
- Do this remedy daily thrice to treat oral thrush.
5. Lemon And Salt Water
Lemon and salt water can effectively treat oral thrush due to the combination of anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and lactic acids. Rinsing your mouth with it can flush out accumulated wastage and handles small bumps on your tongue.
- Lemon And Salt Water
How to Use:
- Add a half tablespoon of rock salt with two tablespoons of lemon juice and mix them well until getting a uniform mixture.
- Swish the throughout your mouth for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Do this remedy daily twice to minimize the symptoms of the oral thrush.
6. Add Yogurt To Your Daily Diet
It is an excellent probiotic it can’t suppress the infection but can prevent overgrowth of Candida yeast by improving good bacteria (Lactobacillus acidophilus) percentage in the body that helps reduce the severity of the infection. Add yogurt to your daily diet for a few days to reduce the intensity of oral thrush.
7. Lavender Oil
Sometimes oral thrush can be prone to an annoying problem, in such cases lavender oil can give quick results. The presence of anti-microbial properties in it can treat oral thrush effectively by killing the yeast. Moreover, It works better if you have a mild stage of oral thrush.
- Lavender Oil
How to Use:
- Pour two tablespoons of lavender oil in a cup and soak a cotton cloth in it.
- Rub throughout your mouth including your tongue with that cloth.
- Do this remedy daily twice to get quick relief.
8. Apple Cider For Oral Thrush
Apple Cider vinegar is recommended ingredient to treat oral thrush due to the presence of antifungal properties. Optionally, you can add ACV to your daily diet to reduce fungus and bacteria overgrowth in your body. Moreover, the addition of ACV in recipes helps to lose weight.
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Lukewarm water
- Cotton Cloth
How To Use:
- Dilute a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of lukewarm water.
- Soak a cotton cloth in it and gently rub on your tongue for 3 minutes.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Do this remedy daily twice to minimize oral thrush quickly.
9. Oregano Oil To Treat Oral Thrush
Oregano oil also helps in treating fungal infections such as vaginal yeast infection and oral thrush due to the presence of antifungal and antibacterial abilities.
- Oregano oil
- 100ml water
How To Use:
- Add two tablespoons of oregano oil to 100ml water and mix them well.
- Swish mouth with it and spit out after 2 minutes.
- Follow this remedy for 10days to observe its results.
10. Take More Vitamin –C Contained Foods
Vitamin –c plays a vital role in immune system enhancement by producing white blood cells which reduce fungal and bacterial overgrowth. Add Lemon, leafy vegetables to your daily diet to prevent recurrence of oral thrush.
11. Wash Your Mouth With Triphala Churna
Antimicrobial properties abundant in Triphala churna is uses as antifungal medication for yeast infection. You can use its infusion to wash your mouth.
- Triphala Churna
How To Use:
- Add a tablespoon of Triphala churna in100 ml water and heat them for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Wash your mouth with it when lukewarm for 2 minutes.
- Continue this remedy daily thrice to minimize oral thrush.
12. Clove Oil To Reduce Oral Thrush
Clove oil also one of the best home remedies for oral thrush. It has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties which effectively reduce oral thrush and reduces inflammation of the tongue.
- Coconut Oil
- Clove Oil
How To Use:
- Add half tablespoon of coconut oil to a tablespoon of clove oil to stabilize the density of it.
- Rinse throughout your mouth for 3 minutes and spit out.
- Continue this remedy at least ten days to reduce oral thrush.
Precaution To Avoid Oral Thrush
- Wash your mouth daily two to three times with salt water or lemon water.
- Do not consume sugar contained foods.
- Stop Smoking cigarettes.Clean your mouth with a cotton cloth by soaking it in coconut oil.
- Add yogurt to your daily diet that helps to balance the bacterial growth.
- Do not go for self-medication without prescription of doctor that causes another problem.
- If you experience it the first time, visit your doctor.
Call Your Doctor:
If you tried at least one oral thrush remedy above mentioned, but you didn’t get any positive results, visit your doctor. They will diagnose infection severity and suggest better medication.