This post was most recently updated on August 3rd, 2018
Lemon is one of the best beneficial fruits loaded with several essential components which serve various health benefits. These fruits are highly abundant in citric acid and vitamins A, C, B, and E along with phytonutrients and flavonoids. The presence of antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties in it can be a miracle cure for different health ailments. Lemons are widely available in every region in all seasons. Let’s check out the interesting skin and health benefits of lemon.
Beneficial Components Of Lemon
|Vitamin C, A, B, and E||Prevent cold and flu and gallstones|
|Calcium, iron||Improves metabolism and bone strength|
|Dietary fibers||Lowers cholesterol and weight loss|
|Potassium, riboflavin||Treats acidity and promotes heart health|
|Copper and magnesium||Enhances the immune system and bowel movements|
|Thiamine and Niacin with phytonutrients||Aids digestive system and detoxification|
|Flavonoids and antioxidants||Prevents free radicals and cancer|
|Antibacterial and antiseptic with|
|Prevents acne scars and pimples, wrinkles|
- 1 1. Amazing Lemon Benefits For Skin
- 2 2. Prevents Pimples
- 3 3. Fades Out Acne Scars And Eliminates Dark Spots
- 4 4. Reduces Wrinkles And Fine Lines
- 5 5. Skin Brightening
- 6 6. Treats Dry, Chapped Lips
- 7 7. Strengthen Nails
- 8 8. Best Benefits Of Lemon For Hair
- 9 9. Relives Dandruff
- 10 10. Prevent Premature Graying Of Hair
- 11 11. Benefits Of Lemon Juice With Warm Water
- 12 12. Some Other Health Benefits Of Lemon
1. Amazing Lemon Benefits For Skin
The presence of vitamin-C, antibacterial properties and anti-aging properties in it helps to treat all types of skin related ailments and provide healthy glowing skin. The following are the different benefits of lemon for the skin.
Note: Never step into the sun with lemon on skin because it may worsen the condition and improves dark spots on face. Prefer staying in the room while having a lemon on the skin for maximum results. Always clean your face with mild soap and pat dry before applying it on the surface.
2. Prevents Pimples
The antibacterial property of it helps to treat pimples profoundly. The presence of citric acid in lemon helps to absorb the over oil and open up the clogged pores by removing dirt and dead cells from the skin. The antibacterial properties in it reduce inflammation and dry out a pimple when it is applied overnight. Its primary component vitamin-C along with astringent properties helps to boost up collagen levels and enhances elastin of skin.
How To Use:
- Squeeze a fresh lemon into a clean bowl to collect the juice. Dip a cotton ball in it and apply it on pimple affected areas and leave it overnight.
- Rinse it off with fresh water and pat your skin dry with a soft towel. Repeat the remedy on a regular basis to fade out your pimples in a faster way.
- Make sure to wash and dry your face before applying this juice on your skin for the precise result. You can also add teaspoon honey to it for peaceful nature.
- If you feel irritated with pure lemon juice, then you can apply it by diluting it with little water.
3. Fades Out Acne Scars And Eliminates Dark Spots
The presence of astringency in it helps to fade out the acne scars in few applications. It will help to boost collagen and reduces acne scars and redness caused by acne and pimples. Lemon juice exfoliates the dirt and excess oil from the skin and makes skin supple. Alpha hydroxy acids along with citric acid in it help to fade out the dark spots and acne scars naturally by lightening the surface by naturally lightening the surface.
How To Use:
- Apply the fresh lemon juice only on affected areas or scars and leave it overnight. Rinse it off with clean water and pat your skin dry. Follow the remedy on a regular basis at least for 2-3 weeks to eliminate all the acne scars and dark spots on face.
4. Reduces Wrinkles And Fine Lines
It is enriched with alpha hydroxy and beta hydroxy acids which possess the ability to reduce wrinkles and lines on the skin. It will help to get rid of age spots and prevents premature aging and also reduces dark pigmentation by eliminating suntan and dark spots.
How To Use:
- Add a teaspoon of honey to a tablespoon of fresh lemon juice and combine them well together.
- Squash your face with clean water and pat your skin dry and start applying the mixture on the surface.
- Gently rub it over your skin for few minutes using your fingertips. Let it sit at least 30 minutes and rinse it off with fresh water.
- Repeat the remedy twice a week for crystal glowing and youthful skin in a couple of weeks.
5. Skin Brightening
The lightening properties in it help to improve the skin tone by enhancing skin complexion. Its vitamin-c nourishes the skin and helps to exfoliate all the dirt and dead skin cells from the surface. The presence of citric acid and anti-aging properties of lemon helps to fade out age spots and offers clear bright skin.
How To Use:
- Add a tablespoon fresh lemon juice to one tablespoon of fresh tomato juice and combine them well together.
- Apply it on your face and massage it for few minutes and let it for half an hour. Rinse it off with fresh water and pat your skin dry.
- Repeat the remedy twice a week to get bright and lighter skin tone without any acne scars and spots.
6. Treats Dry, Chapped Lips
Dry, chapped lips occur due to the presence of dead skin cells on the skin of lips. The deep cleansing action of it helps to remove the dirt dead skin cells on the lips and offers smooth pink lips. Rubbing lemon juice on lips helps to lighten the color of lips and avoids dark pigmentation of lips.
How To Use:
- Add a teaspoon of crystal sugar to one tablespoon of fresh lemon juice and apply it on your lips.
- Rub it slowly over your lips for 2-3 minutes using your fingertips to remove all the dead skin cells on the lips.
- Rinse it off with clean water for soft and baby pink lips. Repeat the remedy twice a week for dead skin exfoliation.
7. Strengthen Nails
Lemon juice, when combined with olive oil, can help to moisturize brittle nails and rough cuticles. It soothes nails and helps them to stay strong by avoiding nail breakage. Let’s see how to gain the benefit of lemon for nails and cuticles.
How To Use:
- Add a tablespoon of fresh juice to two tablespoons of olive oil or coconut oil and mix them well together.
- Dip your nails in the solution for few minutes and offer a light massage to your cuticles and nails.
- Wash off your nails with warm water. Repeat the remedy once in a week to get rid of brittle fingernails and weak cuticles.
8. Best Benefits Of Lemon For Hair
The high presence of citric acid, alpha hydroxyl acid, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties in it helps to dandruff free scalp and healthy hair follicles. It can help the hair to lock its natural black color and helps to prevent premature graying of hair. Let’s check out the benefits of lemon for hair.
9. Relives Dandruff
Being rich in anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties in lemon can help to fight against dandruff by balancing the ph level of the scalp. The antifungal properties of lemon relieve itchy and dry scalp and moisturize the scalp by removing dandruff and dry flakes. The addition of coconut oil and lemon can relive dandruff and dry scalp.
How To Use:
- Add one tablespoon of fresh lemon juice to two tablespoons of coconut oil and mix them well together.
- Apply it on your scalp and offer a deep massage for 5-10 minutes using your fingertips. Leave it for at least 45 minutes and rinse it out with a mild shampoo followed by conditioner.
- Repeat the remedy twice a week to get rid of dandruff and to get a hydrated scalp.
10. Prevent Premature Graying Of Hair
Lemon juice helps to prevent premature graying of hair and helps to hair to stay black in color. It improves the production of melanin and balances the ph of the scalp.
- Add a tablespoon of fresh juice to two tablespoons of coconut oil and mix them well together.
- Apply it on your scalp and massage it for a few minutes and let it overnight.
- Rinse it off with a mild shampoo followed by conditioner on the next day.
- Repeat the remedy twice in a week to get jet black hair with healthy hair strands.
11. Benefits Of Lemon Juice With Warm Water
Being rich in essential vitamins, dietary fibers with potent detoxifying properties and antioxidants in it serves several health benefits when it consumed on a daily basis. The following are the several health benefits of lemon juice.
How To Prepare:
- Squeeze a fresh lemon in a glass of warm water and consume it on a regular basis at every morning.
- You can drink lemon juice and honey mixed water for weight loss.
12. Some Other Health Benefits Of Lemon
- Aids digestion
- Detoxifier of body
- Boosts immune system
- Cleanses colon
- Prevents gas and bloated stomach
- Provides refreshing breathe
- Relieves stress and anxiety
- Prevents viral infections