80% of women suffer from yeast infection at some point in their life. It is referred to as a common vaginal infection due to one kind of fungi called Candida Albicans. It resides inside the vagina for good balance of bacteria, but the imbalances of the good bacteria and fungus cause the overgrowth of Candida albicans which results in vaginal infection. This infection is associated with vaginal itching, soreness, white discharge, severe pain, and irritation. I will let you know how to get rid of vaginal yeast infection, signs and proven prevention methods which are suggested by some studies and women.
1. Coconut Oil And Turmeric Powder
Coconut oil is naturalized oil which is enriched with anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory properties and can help to treat vaginal infections such as yeast. It is proven in 70% of the women who suffered from yeast infection. Turmeric is a natural antiseptic agent and also an effective skin cleanser due to its high healing and medicinal properties. The combination of these two ingredients helps to get rid of yeast infection and prevent the recurrence of the infection.
- Coconut oil
- Turmeric Power
How To Use:
- Add half tablespoon of turmeric powder to a tablespoon of coconut oil and blend them well into a uniform mixture without any lumps.
- Apply that mixture directly on itching or affected areas.
- Continue this process for at least 7days.
Note: Wash your genital area with soapy water before applying it.
2. Boric Acid
Boric acid is a colorless chemical substance which has antiseptic and antiviral properties and generally used to treat small cuts and few types of skin infections. It is recommended by several women and studies to cure vaginal infections. 300mg to 600 mg of boric acid suppository can treat yeast infections effectively if you insert it into the vagina for 14 days. Direct application of boric acid is prone to severe pain and redness, so add appropriate water while applying on genital areas.
Note: 1. Do not take it orally as it may turn you fatal.
I am not recommending it during pregnancy; it’s better to consult your doctor they may suggest you better.
3. Probiotics Help To Get Rid Of Yeast Infection
Yogurt is a beneficial probiotic as it contains live bacteria called lactobacillus acidophilus. It improves good bacteria in the body and helps to prevent overgrowth of yeast and balances the bacterial and yeast levels. Addition of unsweetened yogurt to your regular diet can help to prevent vaginal infections such as yeast infection and vaginosis.
Note: Do not add sugar when you consume yogurt because adding of it fuels the bad bacteria and yeast.
Intake of probiotics can reduce the yeast infection in an effective way which is proven by some studies and also recommend by women to treat vaginal infections. You can use probiotics as a suppository to get results quickly, 87 percent of women reported that it works well.
You can purchase probiotics suppositories at any drug stores and online.
4. Tea Tree Oil Can Treat Yeast Infection Effectively
You can use tree tea oil to treat yeast infections due to its powerful antibacterial and antifungal properties. It is included in several skin care products to get productive results. Also, some types of vaginal suppositories contain tree tea oil properties. Do not apply it directly to your genital areas. Dilute it with it any carrier oils like olive oil or coconut oil.
Note: Wash your genital areas with soapy water before applying it and pat dry with a cotton cloth.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar To Get Rid Of Yeast Infection
Apple cider vinegar is one of the most famous remedies for yeast infection due to its high content of anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties. It is widely used as a skin cleanser by several people. Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to your bathtub and soak it for 30 minutes. ACV bath can prevent recurrence of yeast infection which was proven by some studies and women. Doctors also recommend ACV bath to people bothering with a yeast infection.
6. Garlic To Treat Yeast Infection
The presence of potent Antioxidants, anti-bacterial, and anti-fungal properties in garlic increases the immunity power and knockdowns the bacteria in the body. Addition of garlic to your daily diet can improve your immune system. Some women insert garlic cloves into their vagina, but it leads to severe pain and causes redness that reported some women.
7. Oil of Oregano Reduce Yeast Infection
This healing oil is extracted from wild oregano and origanum vulgare which have two potent anti-fungal properties called thymol and carvacrol. Which effectively reduce overgrowth candidiasis that proven some studies. Some types of suppositories contain its properties; you can insert oregano oil carried suppositories into the vagina and leave it overnight. Continue this process thrice in a week to prevent the recurrence of vaginal infection. Alternatively, dilute 4 to 5 drops of it per ounce of olive oil or coconut oil and apply it to your genital areas.
8. Clean Your Genital Areas With Triphala Churna
It is the most famous Ayurveda remedy which includes the combination of three fruits called “Triphala churna.” Doctors also recommend it due to its high content of antifungal and anti-viral properties. Intake of Triphala churna improves your digestion and enhances your immune system and also helps to relieve constipation. You can clean your genital areas with Triphala churna mixed water.
- Amla (Indian Gooseberry)
Where It available:
- It is avail in any grocery stores, or you can also get on online.
How to Use:
- Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of Triphala churna in water and heat them to reach a constant temperature.
- Wash your genital area with it when it becomes lukewarm.
- Continue this remedy for at least 7days.
- Before washing your genital areas, clean with a dry cotton cloth.
9. Hydrogen Peroxide
Hydrogen peroxide is an antiseptic agent which is generally used to treat ear infections and to remove wax from the ears. There is no scientific evidence how it works to reduce yeast infection, but some women use it while they had an infection.
Note: Do not take it orally and do not use more than 5days in a row.
10. How To Treat Yeast Infection With Aloe Vera
The high content of anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal,-anti-viral along with soothing properties in it helps to reduce itchy vaginal irritation and avoid yeast infection naturally.
- Fresh Aloe Vera Gel
How to Use:
- Clean your genital area with a clean cotton cloth and pat dry it.
- Apply fresh Aloe Vera gel to affected areas and leave air dry.
- Continue this process twice in a day for at least 10days.
11. Holy Basil Tea
Holy basil is fully loaded with antioxidants, anti-viral properties along with antifungal properties which may help you to boost your immunity and to flush the fungus in your body. The addition of fresh lemon juice to holy basil tea helps to treat yeast infection profoundly.
- Holy basil
- Lemon juice
How To Use:
- Add 10 -15 holy basil leaves to a half tablespoon of lemon juice, and mix it with your tea. Drink this herbal tea twice in a day at both morning and evening.
You can prevent recurrence of infections if you continue its consumption for a few months.
12. Increase Your Immunity To Prevent Yeast Infection
Try to consume nutrient-rich food which enhances the immune system by improving white blood cells that have the ability to kill the germs in the body. Add more leafy vegetables which have antibacterial, anti-fungal and ant-viral properties along with vitamins, proteins. Do not add sugar contained ingredients to your diet which can lead to overgrowth of Candida Albicans.
Addition of ginger, cumin seeds to recopies not only provides deliciousness but also helps to enhance your immune system and improve digestion due to its potent antioxidants.
Note: Add Yogurt to your meal that has live bacteria and helps for healthy bacterial balance.
Causes of Yeast Infection
A healthy woman contains Lactobacillus bacterial and yeast cells inside the vagina, but the disturbed ratio of the fungus and bacteria encourages the growth of yeast cells. The Imbalance of good bacteria and yeast causes the yeast infection.
- Excess Consumption of sugar,
- Over usage of antibiotics
- Unbalanced diet
- Low immunity
- Poor sanitary hygiene
- Prolong usage of tight dresses
Signs Of Yeast Infection
Yeast infection symptoms are as follows
- Redness of vagina
- Irritation around the vagina
- Sore genital areas
- Severe pain and white discharge
How to Prevent Vaginal Yeast Infection
- There are some useful ways which may help you.
- Always wear cotton and dry panties and make sure to remove it before going to bed.
- Avoid wearing tight jeans which can cause sweating and triggers the growth of Candida albicans.
- Clean your genital areas with soapy water and pat dry with a cotton cloth twice in a day.
- Avoid vaginal sprays and utility of condoms while having sex helps to avoid the transfer of infection to others.
- Apply natural oils such as coconut oil or olive oil around the vagina at least twice a week to prevent the recurrence of infection.
- Keep your genital areas clean to avoid several kinds of infections.
- Opt for a nutritional diet which includes leafy vegetables.
- Avoid sugar contained foods if you have already suffered from the vaginal infection that fuels the Candida Albicans.
- Avoid the prolong intake of antibiotics which may reduce good bacteria percentage in your body that can trigger yeast multiplies.
When Doctor Advice Required?
- If you have diabetes or pregnancy, do not follow the remedies mentioned above which may cause side effects?
- Consult your doctor if the infection reappears in two months.
- If this problem persists even after following the above remedies, kindly visit your doctor.
- The doctor may collect some sample cells from your genital areas and will send it to the lab for further investigation which helps in diagnosing the type of yeast you have.
- Doctors may suggest you oral medication, 70% of the studies have proven that oral medication can effectively prevent yeast infection and prevent recurrence.