Chigger bites are common when you stroll in park or vegetation which was caused by larval stage mites. It doesn’t harm you but it can transform into an acute infection, itchy irritated skin and can encourage the bacterial growth if left untreated. Usually, these mites are referred to as bugs or red bugs or named according to the places. I will let you know how to get rid of chigger bites through this article.
Why Chiggers bites you
The adult chiggers feed only on the grass while the chiggers in the larvae stage infect humans through bites. They stick to your legs or shoes and slowly crawl on to the skin and affect the moist places of the body. You will able to notice red and itchy scars with intense irritation and pain on the body after the chigger bites.
When Chiggers Targets You
Chiggers are mostly encountered in early fall and summer seasons. These bugs become active in warm temperatures and cannot survive in low and cold temperatures. The moisture places are perfect habitats for these bugs.
Symptoms Of Chigger Bites
They crawl on your entire body and choose the moist places to feed and survive. Chigger bites cause itchy and inflamed skin with painful red bumps. The chiggers feed on the blood flood in your body by inserting their claws in the surface and inject their saliva into the skin. Do not rub the affected areas with your nails which can lead to severe infection or can cause secondary stage problems.
The chigger (larvae) bites after a few hours as reported by several people.
While other times it may irritate you with severe pain with intense itching.
How to Get Rid Of Chigger Bites
- Apply Natural oils which are loaded with anti-fungal or insect repellent properties while strolling in vegetation or fields.Wash your fabrics with hot water to knock down the chiggers.
- Take a hot shower after visiting parks or fields to avoid skin infections.
- Wash the chigger bite affected areas with warm soapy water to eliminate the further skin complications.
Usually, these bites will not last long but never ignore the bites with severe pain and itching. Visit your doctor to take prescription level treatment, if you observe intense pain with bleeding.
You can also opt for over counter medications to treat chigger bites on your skin such anti-itching creams and anti-inflammatory lotions. There are some powerful, proven home remedies to treat these painful chigger bites with potent anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties. Let’s have a look at how to treat chigger bites with home remedies.
How to Get Rid Of Chigger Bites With Home Remedies
1. Turmeric Power
It is a well-known fact that turmeric is a powerful antiseptic agent enriched with high anti-bacterial and medicinal properties. Curcumin of it acts as a potent anti-inflammatory agent and repairs the damaged skin cells by nourishing the skin. It can heal chigger bites by suppressing the inflammation and also practically avoid chigger bites.
- Turmeric Paste
How To Use:
- Apply Turmeric paste to your entire body including affected areas and leave it overnight.
- Take a hot shower in the next morning to remove turmeric on your body.
- Topical application of turmeric powder avoids several skin infections and also removes dead skin.
2. Sandal Wood To Chigger Affected Areas
Sandalwood is entirely packed with powerful anti-bacterial and deep soothing properties which can reduce the itchiness of your skin and remove reddish bumps caused by the chiggers. It has been extensively used is to treat several skin disorders due to its high healing ability. It is a prime ingredient in many skin care products as it is loaded with a profound soothing effect.
- Sandalwood powder
How to use
- Add a few drops of water to a half tablespoon of sandalwood powder, mix them well together into a fine paste.
- Apply the mixture on chigger bite affected areas and leave it overnight.
- Continue this remedy for at least 7days to heal the affected areas in a simple, rapid way.
3. Multi-Ingredient Lotion To Reduce Itchiness
It is one of the most famous Ayurvedic remedies as said by Doctor Chirumamilla Murali Manohar. It can reduce itchiness, prevents fungal growth and nourishes the damaged skin cells. Let’s see its preparation to treat chigger bite affected areas.
- ¼ teaspoon of sandalwood powder
- a cup of almond oil
- ¼ teaspoon of Triphala churna
- ¼ teaspoon of neem powder
- Take a cup of almond oil and keep it aside.
- Grab a tablespoon of almond oil from it and add a ¼ teaspoon of sandalwood powder, Triphala churna, neem powder to it.
- Combine all the ingredients well together to gain a thick paste.
Now add the prepared mixture to the cup of almond oil.
- Transfer the solution into a clean bottle and shake it 4-5 times in a day for 3days to turn the oil into powerful anti-oil.
- Apply the oil on affected and itching areas before having a shower and leave it for at least 30 minutes.
- Repeat the procedure at least for three days to alleviate the itchiness and red bumps caused by chigger mite enzyme.
4. Nerium And Mustard Oil For Chigger Bites
This solution is for external use only. Intake of Nerium can turn you fatal so avoid intaking of those leaves. According to Ayurveda science Nerium fully loaded with anti-itching properties with soothing properties. As well mustered oil can repair the damaged skin cells caused by mites. It is widely used by several people to treat skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis.
- 100 grams of Nerium Leaves pieces
- 100 grams of Mustard Oil
How To Use:
- Take 100 grams of mustard oil in a clean cooking container; heat it to a constant temperature.
- Gently add Nerium leaves pieces to the boiling oil; continue the heating process until the leaves become black in color.
- Remove the container on the stove and let it become lukewarm.
- Store the oil in an airtight container and apply the lukewarm oil on affected areas.
This ultimate remedy can reduce the itchiness and profoundly prevent other skin infections.
5. Castor oil For Chigger Bites
Castor oil is one of the best treatments for chigger bites due to its high content of anti-bacterial and soothing properties. It can reduce the itchiness of the skin and can repair the damaged skin cells caused by chigger bites. You can also use it to prevent wrinkles and other skin infections. It is recommended by several people to treat various skin disorders.
- Castor oil
How To Use:
- Heat some castor oil to a constant temperature and transfer the warm oil into a bottle.
- Apply the warm oil to affected areas for 2-3 times in a day to reduce itchiness and red bumps on the skin.
6. Lemon And Salt To Reduce for Chigger Bites Itching
Lemon is a gentle cleanser of skin due to its powerful citric acid and anti-bacterial properties. It can remove the dead and damaged skin cells from the surface and enhances the complexion of skin by fading out the dark spots. The addition of salt to it can works great to treat several skin infections due to its high healing abilities.
How To Apply
- Mix a half tablespoon of salt with two tablespoons of fresh lemon juice well together.
- Apply the mixture on affected areas and massage it in gentle circular motions.
- Repeat the procedure twice in a day to get rid of chigger bites.
7. Coconut Oil And Lemon Juice
Coconut oil is a versatile ingredient loaded with potent and naturally antibacterial, anti-fungal properties according to several studies. The addition of fresh lemon juice to it works excellently against chigger bites. Moreover, some women reported that this mixture could also effectively reduce vaginal yeast infection.
- Coconut oil
- Lemon juice
How To Use:
- Heat two tablespoons of coconut oil and mix it with a half tablespoon of fresh lemon juice.
- Apply the lukewarm mixture on chigger bite affected areas and leave it for 30 minutes.
- Continue the remedy twice in a day to get quick relief.
8. Aloe Vera For Chigger Bite
Aloe Vera is a beneficial medicinal plant with high healing nature on earth. It is widely used in different skin care products to gain rapid and accurate results. It is fully packed with deep soothing, antibacterial and anti-fungal properties which can reduce itchiness and reddish bumps on the skin and can provide instant relief.
- Aloe Vera
How To Apply:
- Apply fresh aloe vera juice to chigger affected areas and gently massage for five minutes and leave it for 30 minutes.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water to alleviate the pain and also to prevent other skin infections.
- Repeat the remedy twice in a day for a few days.