This post was most recently updated on July 18th, 2018
A common wish for every woman is to own a long and voluminous hair, but it turned into a dream due to this hectic lifestyle. Work pressure, pollution, and other factors affecting the growth of hair negatively. Having healthy and long hair is not an easy task it may take some period. I suggest you some better tips and home remedies which shows you that how to get long hair.
- 1 Best Home Remedies For Long Hair
- 2 Skip Daily Shampoo To Get Long Hair
- 3 Suitable Shampoos For Long Hair
- 4 Best Tips For Long Hair
- 5 Natural Shampoo For Long Hair
- 6 Homemade Conditioners To Get Long Hair
- 7 Apply Natural Oils To Get Long Hair
- 8 Keep Your Hair Dandruff Free
Best Home Remedies For Long Hair
Always opt for natural remedies than harsh medications and treatments which may show a negative impact on your hair. Follow the below home remedies for long hair which are free from side effects and harsh chemicals.
Skip Daily Shampoo To Get Long Hair
Most of the shampoos are fully loaded with harsh chemicals like parabens, and sodium lauryl sulfate can cause severe damage to your hair strands. The vital thing for healthy hair is to choose a proper shampoo based on your type of hair. Are you feeling challenging to select a perfect shampoo for your hair? No worries, read the following instructions and make yourself comfortable to choose a suitable shampoo for your hair.
Suitable Shampoos For Long Hair
|Excess hair fall||Use hair fall rescue shampoo||It removes impurities from your scalp and provides proteins and lipids which are most required elements to get long hair. |
|Dandruff and dry scalp||Use anti-dandruff shampoos||Relieves dry, itchy scalp and offers clear scalp|
|Hair breakage||Use mild shampoos||Mild shampoos are chemical free, and it nourishes your hair shaft.|
|Thin hair||Use keratin shampoo||Keratin shampoo makes your hair thicker and stronger.|
Best Tips For Long Hair
- Massage your hair with oil twice in a day.
- Skip Hair straightening and heat tools.
- Trim your hair ends once in a month.
- Always use a hair conditioner after shampoo.
- Opt for home ingredients for your hair care.
- Maintain healthy diets and drink sufficient water
- Avoid excess medications
- Have a night of sleep for at least 6 hours
Follow the above tips for long hair which is free from damage and dandruff.
Natural Shampoo For Long Hair
Soap Nuts (Retha):
Soap nuts (Sapindus mukorossi) can be used instead of shampoos which are organic and easy to use. The presence of saponin in it acts as a surfactant and an effective cleanser of hair.
They are hypoallergenic and entirely free from chemical components. Soap nuts strengthen your hair follicles and make them dirt free. The pleasant thing about them is you can use them on a regular basis which shows a good impact on your hair.
Ways Of Usage:
- Mash 5 to 10 soap nuts and add them to lukewarm or fresh water.
- Mix them well to produce foam.
- Apply the foam to your hair and massage with your fingertips to produce more lather.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water after scalp massage.
Shikakai (Acacia concinna) is a medicinal herb used in Ayurveda for hair care due to its incredible benefits. It acts as a mild cleanser for hair which strengthens your hair and stops hair fall. Shikakai is an effective detangler of hair which can work as a natural conditioner for your hair.
Amla which is also referred to as Indian gooseberry is highly abundant in vitamin C which is essential for hair growth. It is a natural conditioner of hair and its antimicrobial and antiviral properties prevent scalp disorders.
Way To Use:
- Add 2tablespoons of Shikakai powder to one tablespoon of amla powder and a tablespoon of reetha powder and mix them well with a cup of warm water.
- Shikakai does not produce foam but acts as an effective cleanser for hair.
- Apply it on your hair and rub it to produce lather and gently massage your scalp to remove impurities.
- Rinse it off with cold water. Repeat the remedy twice in a week to get long hair.
Homemade Conditioners To Get Long Hair
It is always necessary to condition your hair after shampoo to smooth out the rough hair strands. Follow the below long hair care tips for voluminous hair.
Aloe vera is a best homemade conditioner. It is enriched with anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and keratin which can prevent dry scalp, dandruff and provide long silky hair.
Way Of Usage:
- Apply raw aloe vera gel to your hair after shampoo.
- Massage your scalp and cover your entire hair, then let it for 2 minutes.
- Rinse your hair after 5 minutes.
Aloe vera strengthens the hair follicles and locks the moisture in them. You can use Aloe vera conditioner every time after shampoo for natural and healthy long hair.
Apply Natural Oils To Get Long Hair
Application of natural oils to your hair provides nutrition to the hair follicles and softens the hair shafts. Oils like coconut oil, lavender oil, and castor oil are best to gain long hair. They are enriched with essential nutrients such as proteins, vitamins, and other antioxidants which can rejuvenate the damaged hair.
Oil massage seals the moisture in the hair shafts and protects the hair from pollution and sunlight. There are some essential oils available to get long hair.
Coconut oil is the best way to get long due to its high content of vitamin-E and anti-bacterial properties which can remove dandruff and can also heal the wounds on the scalp. Their essential nutrients enhance the strength of the hair roots. Regular usage of coconut oil provides soft silky hair and protects your hair from harmful sun rays.
- Apply 2 tablespoons of warm coconut oil to your hair and massage your scalp with it for 2 minutes.
- Leave it overnight for deep conditioning of hair.
- Rinse it off with your regular shampoo in the next morning.
Castor oil is enriched with vitamin-E, proteins and omega 6 and 9 acids which most required elements for healthy hair growth. Castor oil gives you quick results because of its high penetrating capacity. It penetrates deeply into the hair follicles and enhances them by nourishing.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of castor oil in a steaming bowl and let it become warm.
- Apply it all over your hair and massage your scalp with it for a few minutes.
- Leave it overnight to gain its profound conditioning effect. Rinse it off with lukewarm water in the next morning.
Herbal Oils For Long Hair:
Herbs are very beneficial and promote healthy hair growth. They are widely used in Indian Ayurveda to treat different hair disorders. We all know that herbs are 100% natural and much better to gain healthy long hair. Those are enriched with a vital source of nutrients which can treat several types of scalp related conditions and prevents hair fall.
Ingredients: Castor oil, Aloe Vera, Ashwagandha and banyan roots.
How To Prepare It:
- Heat some castor oil in a container by adding all the ingredients for 4-5 minutes.
- Mix them well and store in an airtight container for further use.
- Massage your scalp with the herbal oil daily before going to sleep and let it overnight.
- Rinse your hair with a mild shampoo in the next morning.
- Follow these long hair tips on a regular basis to obtain long silky hair.
Keep Your Hair Dandruff Free
Dandruff is a common problem which leads to severe hair fall. It is necessary to keep your hair dandruff free for faster growth of hair. There are some natural ingredients for the removal of dandruff in your scalp.
Lemon is enriched with citric acid. It is an effective remover of dandruff and fungus from your scalp. The vital source of vitamin-c in it provides goodness to your hair.
- Cut a lemon into two parts and rub it on your hair including the scalp.
- Slowly massage for 3 minutes with your fingertips and Let it for at least 45 minutes.
You can use lemon every time before head bath for healthy long hair. People with sensitive skin can apply by mixing it with natural oils for long hair.
Yogurt And Lemon
These two ingredients fully loaded with lactic acid, citric acid, antioxidants, and anti-fungal properties which remove dandruff and prevent dry scalp.
- Add a tablespoon of lemon juice to a cup of yogurt and blend them well.
- Apply that mixture to your hair and leave it for 30 minutes.
- Rinse it off with fresh water after 30 minutes.