This post was most recently updated on June 28th, 2019
Hair conditioner is a viscous moisturizing product that changes the appearance of the hair. Homemade conditioner forms a thin layer around the hair to protect hair from chemical damage, dry scalp, split ends, and other unsafe factors. Also, it provides a smooth texture to the hair. There are many hair conditioners available in the market which gives effective results, but which are very expensive. No need to worry, you can prepare a natural homemade hair conditioner that provides you the same effective results and inexpensive also.
- 1 How To Use Homemade Conditioner Properly?
- 2 10 Homemade Conditioners For Dry Hair
- 3 1. Castor Oil And Honey Conditioner For Dry Hair
- 4 2. Olive Oil And Yogurt
- 5 3. Hibiscus Leaves As Deep Conditioner
- 6 4. Raw Honey Conditioner For Dry Hair
- 7 5. Yogurt Works As Leave-In Conditioner
- 8 6. Aloe Vera Is A Great Natural Hair Conditioner
- 9 7. Banana Makes Your Hair Your Hair Shiny
- 10 8. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 11 9. Make Natural Hair Conditioner With Egg
- 12 10. Avocado Hair Conditioner For Dry Hair
- 13 11. Sugar And Hot Water
How To Use Homemade Conditioner Properly?
Washing your hair a couple of times with shampoo removes dirt and impurities from the scalp, but it makes hair cuticle rough. The rough cuticle leads to tangles, which lead to hair breakage. The well harsh chemicals absorb the natural oils in hair, leaving it dry. Apply natural conditioner to your hair before or after the head bath that helps to protect hair stands.
Note: Apply conditioner after the shampoo and let it for 3-4 minutes and then rinse off with water.
Hair conditioners are only meant for hairs to avoid applying on the scalp, which makes it dizzy and flaky.
10 Homemade Conditioners For Dry Hair
- Castor oil
- Olive oil
- Hibiscus leaves
- Aloe Vera
- Apple cider vinegar
- Egg white
1. Castor Oil And Honey Conditioner For Dry Hair
Honey consists of abundant sources of essential moisturizing properties, and castor oil works as a natural hair conditioner, thus it prevents hair damage. The mixture of these two ingredients form a thin layer around the hair stands that enhance the strength of hair roots, which contributes thickness to your hair.
- Add a tablespoon of honey to two tablespoons of castor oil and mix them well.
- Apply it to your hair and give a soft massage for 2-3 minutes.
- Leave it for about 30 minutes and rinse it off with any mild shampoo.
- You can use this homemade hair conditioner twice in a week to turn it into the silky soft hair.
2. Olive Oil And Yogurt
You can prepare a natural hair conditioner with olive oil and yogurt. Vitamin-E, linoleic acid, fatty acids are available in olive oil. Regular usage of this oil forms a significant layer around the hair strands by conditioning it that reduces hair breakage. Yogurt is a gentle cleanser. These two ingredients prevent dandruff, dry scalp, and restore moisture to the scalp.
- Take 1tablespoon of fresh yogurt and add 2tablespoon of olive to it
- Mix them well and apply gently all over your hair.
- Let it for 33-4 minutes and wash it out with cold water.
- You can use this remedy after shampoo to condition your hair.
3. Hibiscus Leaves As Deep Conditioner
It is the best and good natural hair conditioner for the dry scalp that proven in many studies. It moisturizes your hair and makes your hair silky and soft. The anti-inflammatory properties of it reduce scalp infections. Let’s see the preparation and usage of hibiscus conditioner for dry hair.
- Grind 10 to 15 hibiscus leaves in a blender to make the fine paste.
- Apply it all over your hair after washing your hair.
- Leave it on your hair about 15-20 minutes and rinse off with cold water.
- Application of this hibiscus conditioner for dry hair gives you healthy, strong hair.
4. Raw Honey Conditioner For Dry Hair
Raw honey also plays a crucial role in hair care you can use that as a homemade conditioner to contribute moisture to dry hair. The nutrients of honey penetrate quickly into the hair follicles and restore the moisture. It is the best conditioner for who have dry scalp. Add coconut oil to it for better results. Coconut oil enhances the strength of hair, thereby your hair grows faster and healthier.
- Add a tablespoon of coconut oil to two tablespoons of raw honey.
- Apply that mixture to your hair before use shampoo.
- Leave it for about 20 minutes and rinse it off with a mild shampoo.
- Apply this natural conditioner twice a week for better results
5. Yogurt Works As Leave-In Conditioner
Usage of yogurt forms a layer around the hair that helps to protect hair from dryness as well it called as a natural bleaching agent which remove dandruff from your scalp. You can add honey or olive oil to it for satisfactory results. These ingredients condition your hair and support for hair growth.
- Add a tablespoon of coconut oil or olive oil into yogurt and apply it to your hair.
- Leave it for about 20 minutes and rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- You can use this remedy thrice a week.
6. Aloe Vera Is A Great Natural Hair Conditioner
Aloe vera always plays an essential role in hair care due to its healing vitamins, proteins, mineral, anti-fungus, anti-bacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties. It cures almost all hair related and scalp related problems and supports healthy hair growth. Regular usage of Aloe Vera gel helps to get thicker hair that prevents hair loss.
- Extract fresh Aloe Vera gel and apply it on your hair.
- Leave it on your hair overnight by covering your hair with a shower cap.
- Rinse it off with fresh water the next morning.
The usage of this natural hair conditioner nourishes your hair and prevents hair fall.
7. Banana Makes Your Hair Your Hair Shiny
It helps to contribute luscious hair, and it provides essential supplements to hair. It is the best natural hair conditioner for those who want shiny and silky hair. You can add a tablespoon of coconut oil to the banana paste. This best combination helps to enhance the strength of hair roots and provide shiny, soft hair.
- Cut the banana into small slices and add a tablespoon of coconut oil to it and blend them to get a fine thick paste.
- Apply that pack on your hair and leave it for about 20 minutes.
- Rinse it off with a mild shampoo.
- You can use this remedy thrice in a week.
8. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar also one of the most popular homemade conditioner to prevent hair loss which hydrates the scalp. You can add lemon or egg white with vinegar to remove impurities from the scalp. The rapid penetration of nutrients into the hair follicles seals the moisture content. Egg’s protein helps hair growth while lemon juice removes the dead skin on the scalp and opens up clogged pores in the scalp.
Add a tablespoon of lemon juice and an egg white to apple cider vinegar and mix them well.
Apply that to your hair and leave it for about 30 minutes.
Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
You can use this homemade conditioning treatment remedy once a week.
9. Make Natural Hair Conditioner With Egg
Eggs are the primary source of vital nutrients and essential vitamins that help for rapid hair growth, and other fundamental properties can cure many scalp related problems. Usually, it used for dry hair due to their moisturizing properties.
- Apply an egg white to your hair and leave it for about 20 minutes.
- After this, rinse it off with a mild shampoo.
- You can use this remedy every day for natural silky soft hair.
10. Avocado Hair Conditioner For Dry Hair
Avocado is a fruit which is a rich source of abundant Amino acids, folic acid, vitamins and proteins and minerals that help to restore moisture. The essential nutrients in it prevent hair breakage by enhancing the hair shaft. You can add lemon juice to it.
- Add a tablespoon of lemon juice to 2 tablespoons of avocado paste and mix them well.
- Apply that to your hair and leave it overnight.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
11. Sugar And Hot Water
Sugar and hot water also act as a natural conditioner for dry hair. Its medicinal values provide sufficient moisture to your hair and protect hair from chemical damage.
- Heat a glass of water and add one tablespoon of sugar to it and mix them until getting lukewarm.
- Spray it on your hair after head bath by using a head sprayer.
12. Almond Oil And Clove Oil
It is the best natural conditioner for dry hair, and its preparation also much simple. You can protect your hair from dandruff, pollution by using it.
You need four kinds of ingredients to make this natural conditioner, which includes:
- A cup of Almond oil
- Two teaspoons of Lemon Juice
- One teaspoon of Clove oil
- Two teaspoons of Palm oil
- Mix that four ingredients in a small container and heat them until getting a half cup of mixture.
- After head bath spray that mixture (lukewarm) on your hair and leave it throughout the day.
- Always prefer natural homemade hair conditioners which are damage free and safe for healthy hair growth.