This post was most recently updated on March 28th, 2018
Dry skin symptoms appear on eye leads, around mouth, neck, and hands due to dehydrated skin. It exposes aging properties and makes your skin to look dull by creating dry patches and cracks on the skin. Let’s see how to get rid of dry skin in a natural way.
Are you tired of solving this problem? Tired of unsatisfied results of expensive products and dry skin treatments? However, follow the below home remedies for dry skin prevention. These tips efficiently reduce the dry, flaky skin problem and provide natural fairness to your skin.
Home remedies for dry skin are natural and super beneficial which can replace all expensive skin treatments and cost-effective skin care products.
- 1 What are the causes of dry Skin?
- 2 Dry Skin Diseases
- 3 Regulations To Treat Dry Skin
- 4 Home Remedies For Dry Skin
- 4.1 1. Oil Massage
- 4.2 2. Dry Skin Remedies Of Aloe Vera
- 4.3 3. Honey Treats Dry Skin
- 4.4 4. Wash Your Face Daily Twice
- 4.5 5. Homemade Masks
- 4.6 6. Turmeric To Treat Flaky Dry Skin
- 4.7 7. Banana To Prevent Dry Skin
- 4.8 8. Oatmeal For Dry Skin
- 4.9 9. Dry Skin Treatment With Milk Cream
What are the causes of dry Skin?
It is common problem for everyone, especially in winter season. If you don’t remove dryness on the surface, it leads to several skin disorders. There are various reasons for the formation of this problem that may include the insufficient content of water, proteins, vitamins, and minerals or overheating of the body, clothes, sun rays, and daily diets.
Dry Skin Diseases
Dry skin leads to itchy skin, skin cracks, psoriasis, and skin flakes. These skin conditions are responsible for the rapid growth of harmful bacteria and viruses which reduce your skin complexion gradually and results in acne. You can control the dryness of your body by following dry skin remedies.
Regulations To Treat Dry Skin
- The prevention of dry, flaky skin is not an easy task to overcome in overnight. It can take some period. Follow the effective home remedies for dry skin and below simple tips to get rid of dryness entirely.
- Add fresh Leafy vegetables to your daily diet. They have a decent amount of nutrients which nourish your cell membranes internally and prevent dry skin. The presence of abundant content of antioxidants, anti-bacterial properties of them helps to fight against skin conditions.
- Try to drink 5 to 6 liters of water in a day which hydrates your skin and to flush out the harmful toxins from your body.
- Daily workouts or simple exercises activate every cell in your body. Sweating helps to keep the moisture of your skin.
- Avoid consumption of coffee and all caffeine products to prevent dry skin. Skip hot water showers to protect your skin from dryness.
- Never allow your skin to excess sun rays which dehydrate your skin thoroughly.
- Regular oil massage offers smooth, natural hydrated skin.
Home Remedies For Dry Skin
1. Oil Massage
Oils are best moisturizers for wrinkles and dry skin. The high presence of antioxidants, vitamin-E, anti-bacterial properties in oils removes dead skin, and the rapid penetration of their nutrients into the skin cells helps to enhance the elasticity of your skin and improves skin complexion.
How To Use:
- Massage your skin with warm coconut or olive oil for 4-5 minutes.
- Leave it overnight and rinse it off with fresh water in the next morning.
- Continue this remedy for at least weekdays to reduce the dryness on the skin.
2. Dry Skin Remedies Of Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is an excellent ingredient used for dry skin treatment. It has anti-inflammatory and fungal properties with vital minerals and vitamins which nourish the skin and restore the moisture in affected areas. Moreover, Regular usage of Aloe Vera will provide natural glowing skin.
How To use:
- Add two tablespoon of yogurt to Aloe Vera gel and mix them well together.
- Apply the mixture to your skin and massage for few minutes before your bath.
- Leave it about 30 minutes and rinse it off with fresh water to prevent dry skin.
2nd Way To Use:
- Mix a teaspoon of fresh Aloe Vera gel with one teaspoon of rose water and a pinch of turmeric powder.
- Blend everything and apply it to your face and massage for 2 minutes. Rinse off with warm water after half an hour.
- Continue these dry skin remedies at least ten days to prevent dry skin and also for soft and smooth glowing skin.
3. Honey Treats Dry Skin
Anti-aging and antibacterial properties of nectar help to eliminate free radicals from the skin and provide supplements. It restores moisture to your skin and removes the dark spots behind pimples. You can also add some other home ingredients with it to remove wrinkled skin and chapped lips .
How To Use:
- Add a teaspoon of raw honey with a teaspoon of olive oil and mix them well in a clean bowl.
- Massage your face with it for 3-4 minutes in a circular motion using your fingertips.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water and pat your skin dry. Repeat the remedy thrice in a week for satisfied results.
4. Wash Your Face Daily Twice
Water helps to restore moisture to your skin and removes impurities that help open up clogged in the in the skin. Do not wash your face more than twice a day that can reduce the natural oil from your skin.
5. Homemade Masks
Homemade face masks are best dry skin remedies which show significant effects on dry skin, wrinkled skin and provide natural glowing. Regular usage of these masks can prevent many skin conditions like pimples, acne, and dark spots. You can use tomato, orange peels or eggs as face masks.
6. Turmeric To Treat Flaky Dry Skin
Turmeric is a super beneficial pack to prevent dry skin. Its antibacterial and antiseptic properties rejuvenate the damaged skin cells and help to get the soft glowing skin.
How To Use:
- Add half teaspoon of turmeric powder to one teaspoon of honey and one teaspoon of raw milk. Mix them well until getting a uniform mixture.
- Spread it all over your face and massage it for 2-3 minutes and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Wash it off with cold water and pat your skin dry. Regular usage of this remedy prevents dry skin and gives smooth, hydrated skin.
7. Banana To Prevent Dry Skin
The anti-inflammatory properties of banana reduce the inflammation of the skin and also repair the dry skin. It moisturizes the skin and keeps it in super hydrated condition.
How To Use:
- Blend a ripe banana by adding a tablespoon of honey into a thick paste.
- Slather it on your skin and rub it gently on your skin for 2 minutes using your fingertips.
- Let it sit for 30 minutes and wash off with lukewarm water. Use this remedy 3times in a week.
8. Oatmeal For Dry Skin
Oatmeal is one of the best home remedies for dry skin. It is a favorable skin soothing agent which acts as a natural moisturizer of skin. An abundant source of nutrients removes all the dark spots, acne and prevents dry skin by balancing the PH of the skin.
- Add a tablespoon of fresh yogurt to a tablespoon of oatmeal and blend them well together to form a thick paste.
- Spread it all over your skin and let it for half an hour.
- Remove the application with clean water by a mild cleanser.
- Mix a tablespoon of oatmeal with one tablespoon of raw honey and olive oil in a clean bowl into a fine paste.
- Spread it all over your face and let it dries up completely.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water and pat your skin dry.
- Repeat any one of the above remedies twice in a week depending on your comfort.
9. Dry Skin Treatment With Milk Cream
Milk cream is loaded with numerous vitamins which work wonder for the dry and flaky skin. It also boosts the skin complexion and nourishes the skin. Honey is very beneficial for skin which helps to repair the dead skin cells.
- How To Use:
- Add a teaspoon of milk cream or raw milk to one tablespoon of honey. Mix them well by adding 2-3 drops of vitamin E oil.
- Apply it all over your face and gently massage your skin for 3-4 minutes and let it for 20-30 minutes and rinse off with warm water.
- Pat your skin dry and apply a skin moisturizer to lock the pack benefits.
- Use this remedy day after day to get rid of dry skin permanently.
Follow the above home remedies for dry skin which are safe and natural instead of harsh beauty products and dry skin treatments.