This post was most recently updated on May 2nd, 2019
Sunburn is a most common problem during the summer season which results in skin peeling, rashes on the skin with the burning sensation. If left untreated, it prone to severe skin infections and kills the skin complexion. However, there are some useful home remedies available which soothe your skin and protects the skin from harmful UV rays. However, usage of home remedies protects your skin from outer damages, but following some diet plans during summer season helps to maintain healthy skin by providing proper nourishment. Let’s see how to use home remedies for sunburn and diet plans.
Melanin pigmentation protects your skin from direct exposure of sunrays that causes skin cancers. During this process, skin turns into the black that called photosensitivity in medical terminology.
UV rays are two types which are UA-A and UV-B. 5% of UV-A rays can directly attack your skin that causes skin cancer. The remaining UV-B rays induce to sunburn and tanned skin, its percentage depending on the severity of sunny.
- 0.1 Eat More Fruits To Provide Proper Nourishment
- 0.2 Watermelon:
- 0.3 Oranges:
- 0.4 Tomato And Olive Oil:
- 0.5 Almonds:
- 0.6 Carrots:
- 0.7 Leafy Greens
- 1 Best Home Remedies For Sunburn
- 1.1 1. Milk Cream For Sunburn Treatment
- 1.2 2. Olive Oil For Sunburn Relief
- 1.3 3. Cucumber Pack
- 1.4 4. Butter To Provide Sunburn Relief
- 1.5 5. Honey Mask
- 1.6 6. Aloe Vera Gel For Sunburn Treatment
- 1.7 7. Oil bath
- 1.8 8. Ghee To Prevent Sunburn Damage
- 1.9 11. Apple Cider Vinegar:
- 1.10 12. Holy Basil Leaves
- 1.11 13. Apply Sunscreen Lotions
- 2 Sunburn Prevention Methods:
Eat More Fruits To Provide Proper Nourishment
Vitamins, proteins, and antioxidants are most required elements for skin protection which provide glowing skin naturally and prevent free radical growth that causes aging.
The presence of high content of water in it keeps your body hydrated that prevents wrinkles formation of the skin, vitamin-C and A nourishes your skin internally. Moreover, beneficial properties like lycopene help to balance your health. Consume at least 2 cups of watermelon juice to in check sunburn effect.
Antioxidants in it help to fight against free radicals that cause aging speedup, the remaining beneficial properties vitamin-c and citric acid keeps your skin healthy, moisture and also helps improve collagen.
Tomato And Olive Oil:
An antioxidant called lycopene found in tomato that helps your skin internally to prevent damage from the sun. Consumption of tomato by adding olive oil can keep your skin away from skin conditions during the summer season.
How To Use:
Add a half tablespoon of olive oil to two tomato’s pulp and mix them well.
Consume it in the morning before breakfast.
You can consume it throughout the summer.
It is dry fruit, is available around the world. Vitamin-E and other skin beneficial properties rich in it which enhance the elasticity of skin, also prevent damage from harmful sun rays. Also, it can be slow down aging by preventing free radicals growth in the surface. Add 3-4 almonds to your daily diet to maintain healthy skin in all seasons.
You can use carrot internally and externally, the presence of vitamins improves collagen and skin complexion.
Consume fresh carrots in morning times.
You can apply carrot paste directly to your face.
Keep that carrot pack on your face for 20 minutes.
Add leafy greens to your diet that enriched with vitamins, proteins, and antioxidants along with minerals which keep your skin healthy.
Best Home Remedies For Sunburn
The ingredients using in treating sunburn might have your kitchen, which helps you to heal sunburn and to soothe your skin.
1. Milk Cream For Sunburn Treatment
Milk enriched with vitamins and multi-proteins which effectively heals the sunburn and prevents skin peeling by providing enough moisture, as well as improves skin complexion by reducing pimples, scars on the face. Let’s see how to get rid of sunburn with it
- Milk Cream
How To Use:
- Rinse your face with fresh water and pat dry with a cotton cloth.
- Apply milk cream with the help of your finger and slowly massage the affected area for 2 minutes.
- Leave it overnight and wash it off with fresh water in the next morning.
2. Olive Oil For Sunburn Relief
Usually, olive oil uses to treat wrinkles on the face also, recommended for sunburn. It quickly penetrates the skin, the presence of antioxidants remove free radicals and dead skin on the surface. Regular application of olive during summer season can remove tan and provide sufficient moisture to reduce sunburn.
How To Use:
- Wash affected areas with fresh water and pat dry with a smooth cotton cloth.
- Apply a tablespoon of olive and leave it overnight.
- Continue this remedy at least 7days to see noticeable results.
3. Cucumber Pack
It is the most famous home remedies for sunburn. You can make a face pack with cucumber. The high content of minerals, vitamins and other essential properties in it quickly provide relief from sunburn and also reduces rashes on the affected areas. You can add two tablespoons of milk with it while applying to affected areas that help improve complexion.
How To Use:
- Remove the peel of cucumber and grind it until getting a fine paste.
- Add two tablespoons of milk to it and mix them well until getting a uniform mixture.
- Clean your face with regular water and apply it to affected areas.
- Rinse it off with fresh water after 30 minutes.
- You can do this remedy throughout the summer season.
4. Butter To Provide Sunburn Relief
Butter also one of the excellent ingredients to heal sunburn and small injuries on the skin. Vitamins, lactic acid, and proteins are rich in it which effectively treat sunburn, keeps moisture and provide softness to your skin. Moreover, regular application of butter to your skin helps remove pimples and acne scars.
How To Use:
- Apply butter to affected areas and leave it overnight.
- Continue this remedy at least ten days.
5. Honey Mask
Plenty of people use honey to make face pack to acquire all the benefits from it. Some women reported that application honey to face effectively working in treat skin conditions by providing proper nourishment and it keeps skin hydrated. The presence of antioxidants, vitamins, and mineral along with healing properties reduces rashes on the surface and prevent skin from peeling.
How To Use:
- Apply raw honey to your skin and massage your skin slowly with a circular motion (do not rub).
- Leave it for 20 minutes to lock enough moisture in your skin cells.
6. Aloe Vera Gel For Sunburn Treatment
You can use aloe vera gel in the form of a cosmetic product or directly from the plant. 90%of water, vitamins along with the decent amount of proteins is abundant in it that locks the moisture to your dehydrated skin.
Massaging with aloe vera gel to your face can improve skin complexion, the antibacterial abilities in it heal the blisters on the affected area. However, some people are often reporting that it is induced irritation while applying on sensitive skin.
Note: Apply a small amount of gel on your arm for testing purpose, if you don’t feel irritation, you can apply that gel to sunburn affected areas.
- Aloe Vera
How To Use:
- Wash your face with fresh water before applying it and pat dry with a smooth cloth.
- Apply that gel to affected areas and leave it for 30 minutes.
- After this, rewash your face with fresh water.
- You can apply aloe vera gel at any time to your face, but do not move anywhere after its application.
7. Oil bath
The oil bath is one of the best home remedies for sunburn. Oils enriched with antibacterial, antifungal abilities along with a decent amount of fats, antioxidants, and vitamins. Application of olive to before bath helps the skin to remove dead skin and retain moisture. The antibacterial properties are works in treating blisters on the skin. You can use olive oil or coconut oil for the oil bath.
- Apply oil to your skin and gently massages your skin for 2 to 3 minutes and stay for 30 minutes before bath, your skin will absorb oil and spreads it to nearest of areas of the skin.
Note: Do not expose your skin to the sun during the oil bath.
8. Ghee To Prevent Sunburn Damage
Ghee is an excellent ingredient to treat sunburn than that abovementioned all the remedies. It enriched with a high content of healing and soothing properties. Topical application of ghee provides natural glowing skin and prevents skin conditions such as acne and pimples. In some cases, it can be applied to burned injuries due to its healing properties.
How To Use:
- You can apply ghee directly to your skin and leave it for 30 minutes, or you can apply it before bed.
- Rinse it off with fresh water in the next morning or after 30 minutes.
- Follow this remedy at least 3days to see improvement of healing.
11. Apple Cider Vinegar:
Some people recommend apple cider vinegar bath to treat sunburn. The presence of beneficial acids in it may heal sunburn, and the other helpful contents can balance the ph levels of burned skin.
- Apple cider vinegar
How To Use:
Add two tablespoons of ACV to water and leave it to soak for 30 minutes before bath.
You can use this remedy weekly thrice to protect your skin from sun damage.
12. Holy Basil Leaves
Holy basil is a skin healing ingredient. It has antimicrobial abilities which may heal blisters on the skin that caused by sunburn. Also, removes pimples acne on the skin.
- Holy Basil
How To Use:
Crush some holy basil leaves until getting a fine paste.
Rinse affected areas with fresh water and apply that paste directly to affected areas with the help of your fingers.
Leave it for 30 minutes and rinse it off with fresh water.
13. Apply Sunscreen Lotions
Sunscreen lotions also protect your skin from harmful sun rays, but it can protect your skin only for 2 hours. You can purchase sunscreen lotions at grocery stores or cosmetic shops.
Sunburn Prevention Methods:
- Wear loose clothes during summer seasons. If possible try bio-fabrics which have antimicrobial abilities.
- Avoid smoking that triggers free radicals growth in the skin.
- Always keep your skin moisture by applying natural ingredients and drink plenty of water.
- Do not rub your skin while using home remedies and always use cotton cloths to remove sweat.
- Bath daily two times to relax your skin during the summer season.