The kidneys are internal organs composed of about 1 million functional units called nephrons and small collecting ducts. There are two kidneys which lie on each side of the vertebral column on the posterior abdominal wall. The primary functions of kidneys include the formation and secretion of urine and production and secretion of red blood cells. Let’s see how to dissolve kidney stones and their causes.
1. Stones In Kidney
Every year 1 million Americans are suffering from kidney stones. However, In Srikakulam district (India, Andhra Pradesh), Uddanam area people suffering from it since last 20 years. The professors of Harvard university had collected the blood samples and test reports, and they suggested the people drink purified water and to consume leafy vegetables.
2. Causes Of Kidney Sontes
The principal constituents of urine are some water, uric acid, calcium oxalate and some traces of potassium and sodium. The precipitation of standard urinary components causes calculi (stones) in the kidneys and bladder and also in urethra and uterus. These stones are referred to as renal calculi which are usually caused by oxalates and phosphates in the urine
Some Of The Other Causes Are
- Insufficient intake of water or dehydration
- Calcium oxalate and uric acid
- Unhealthy diet
- Overmedication like diuretics
3. Symptoms of kidney stones
- Urinal tract pain
- Prevention of urine and excrement
- Frequent painful urination and urgency in urine
- Bad odor of urine
- Nausea and extreme fatigue
- Blood in urine
- Severe abdominal or lower back pain
4. Types Of Kidney Stones
Knowing the right kind of kidney stone can guide you to how to prevent and dissolve kidney stones. Let’s have a look at different types of kidney stones.
The stones of below 5 mm size do not create a problem as it can be flushed out through urine by in taking large quantities of water.
It is not considered as a severe problem as it occurs due to heredity problems. You can treat it by merely consulting your doctor.
If the size exceeds 5 mm or more significant than the size of urinal tract, then it fails to come out of from urinary tract and can lead to blockage of the urinary tract. The volume increases on periods and causes severe abdominal and ultimately prevents the urine and causes severe damage to kidneys and bladder. That results in indigestion, pain, and inflammation.
These are formed due to over composition of calcium oxalate and phosphates. We can prevent these stones by avoiding some foods such as bran flakes, potatoes, chips, chocolates, and spinach, etc.
These stones are commonly found in women. They form due to urine infection and causes large stones with infection. Consume at least 5 liters of water per day which will help to clean your urinal tract.
Uric Acid Stones
It forms due to the high amount of uric acid stored in urinal tract. These commonly occur in men than women which depends upon metabolism and purines.
4. How To Determine Stones In Kidney
- Blood test
- Urine test
If you are suffering from any above symptoms like urinal tract pain, the frequent burning sensation of urine, then consult to the doctor. They may suggest you that what kind of test you need.
Blood test ensures calcium oxalate or uric acid substances in your blood and helps you to take proper treatment of kidney stones. The urine test can also trace out the harmful substances in your urine. Scanning is the latest technology to determine kidney stones visually.
Natural Remedies To Dissolve Kidney Stones
We can dissolve kidney stones by following some natural remedies which can clean the urinal tract and reduce the factors which cause stones in the kidneys. Let’s see how to dissolve kidneys stones at home.
1. Foods To Avoid To Prevent Kidney Stones
Over In taking the food which is high in significant components of urine like calcium, potassium, sodium may lead to the formation of stones. Foods which are fully loaded with calcium oxalate, uric acid substances and high amount of magnesium are one of the leading factors to the kidney stones.
Pickles, peanuts, chocolates and samosa, seasoning added foods may increase the formation of stones in the kidney. Try to avoid the foods which are overloaded with the high content of vitamin C and potassium.
2. Drink Plenty Of Water
Consumption of more water improves your metabolism and cleans digestive system which can also help to clean excess amount of calcium oxalate in blood. As well it cleanses urinal tract and removes the small range of stones and clear the substances like uric acid. Always keep yourself hydrated by consuming sufficient purified water.
3. Black Horse Grams And Radish Beet
Black horse grams and radish beet soup have proven to clean kidney stones. It is the most famous natural remedy for dissolving kidney stones.
- Add a handful of black grams or black horse grams to a cup of fresh water and let it soak overnight.
- Separate the water from black horse grams by a filter and add small slices of radish beet to them.
- Pour sufficient water in a container and combine the two ingredients to it. Heat them for at least 15 minutes and strain the liquid and store it in a copper container.
- Drink whenever you feel thirsty.
- Continue this remedy for two weeks. It makes the kidney stones pass out through the urine.
4. Neem Leaves And Honey To Prevent Kidney Stone
As said by Ayurveda specialist Eluchuri the neem leaves play an important role in Ayurveda treatments. They are fully loaded with essential antioxidants, antiviral and anti-bacterial properties. Honey is an excellent detoxifier of the body which helps to flush out all the toxic wastes from the body. The combination of these two ingredients can help to remove the kidney stones gradually.
How To Prepare:
- Add 50 to 100 Neem leaves in a steel container and boil them without adding any ingredient to obtain neem ash. Collect the ash and Store it in a clean airtight bottle.
- Add a tablespoon of honey to 1/4 tablespoon of neem ash and consume it at least for weekdays.
- Do not consume anything after 30 minutes after the consumption of it.
5. Boerhavia Diffusa To Dissolve Kidney Stones
It is an excellent herbal plant which is widely used for its amazing health benefits. It called as Punarnava in Sanskrit and Tella Gulijeru in Telugu. This herb is commonly used in Ayurveda to treat several diseases since last 2000 years. The diet which includes this potent herb helps to dissolve kidney stones by reducing calcium oxalate in the blood.
6. Lemon Juice To Dissolve Kidney Stones
Lemon juice can also dissolve stones in kidneys. The presence of citric acid plays an essential role in the reduction of uric acid and calcium oxalate substances in the urinal tract.
How To Consume:
- Add a tablespoon of olive oil to 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice and dilute them with a glass of water.
- Consume it in the morning on an empty stomach.
- Continue this remedy for at least weekdays to dissolve kidney stones.
7. Ladyfinger to Prevent Stones In Kidney
Lady’s finger consists generous amount of Vitamin -A and vitamin-B (B1, B2, and B6) which are beneficial for human body. A study in the year of 2005 revealed that lady finger juice could dissolve the stones in the kidney and it is suggested by many Indian Ayurveda specialists to clean urinal tract.
How To Consume:
- Chop 2-3 Lady’s fingers into small slices and soak them overnight in a glass of water.
- Consume the water without lady’s fingers on next morning on an empty stomach.
- Continue for at least a week to prevent stones in the kidneys.
8. Foods To Be Considered
Try to consume the foods which are rich in antioxidants, vitamins, and flavonoids and phytochemicals. Fruits like apple, watermelon, peaches, papaya and figs, pineapple, apricots can be consumed for healthy kidneys.
Vegetables like cabbage, radish, carrot, capsicum, ridge guard, pump guard, and cucumber are beneficial for the health of kidneys.
Garlic is enriched with powerful antioxidants and anti-clotting properties which can act as a detoxifier of body and cleanses the urinal tract and Keynes.
- Consume 2-3 raw garlic cloves once in a day on an empty stomach to flush out the toxins from the body.
Apples are highly abundant in fibers and phytonutrients with deep cleansing properties. The presence of polyphenolics and potent antioxidant properties in it protects the body from harmful toxins and infections. As it carries small quantities of urine components like calcium and potassium, it provides goodness to kidneys and prevents the formation of stones in kidneys.
- Consume an apple every day to keep yourself away from different disorders.
- You can also consume fruits like cherries and blueberries for the health of your kidneys.