This post was most recently updated on August 27th, 2018
The fermented milk is referred to as yogurt which is a creamy substance loaded with decent amounts of vitamin-D, calcium, proteins and other healthy components. Regular consumption of fresh low-fat yogurt shows a positive impact on health by improving immunity and metabolism of the body. It develops the resistance power to fight against the infections and protects the body from several health disorders. Let’s have a look at the health benefits of yogurt.
- 1 List Of Health Benefits Of Yogurt And Contents
- 2 Amazing Benefits Of Yogurt For Skin
- 3 Amazing Benefits Of Yogurt For Hair
- 4 Best Health Benefits Of Yogurt
List Of Health Benefits Of Yogurt And Contents
|Components of yogurt||Healing properties||Health benefits|
|Potassium and phosphorous||Anti-inflammatory ||Improves metabolism|
|Vitamin D, B12, and B5||Mild astringent||Lowers blood pressure|
|Proteins and carbohydrates||Anti-aging and exfoliating||Enhances Skin complexion|
|Magnesium and selenium ||Moisturizing ||Aids Hair growth|
Amazing Benefits Of Yogurt For Skin
Yogurt is loaded with essential proteins, lactic acid, zinc, vitamin B, and D which are super beneficial for the skin. It deals with several types of skin conditions and offers a quick solution to them due to its deep moisturizing and nourishing properties. The following are the several benefits of yogurt for the skin. Unsweetened yogurt is a right choice for skin due to its highly beneficial components.
Yogurt For Pimples
Lactic acid the main component of yogurt helps to exfoliate the dead skin cells and open up the clogged pores. The anti-inflammatory properties of it reduce the inflammation and redness caused by pimples and prevent the formation of acne scars. You can make an anti-acne pack by mixing a teaspoon of raw honey with a teaspoon of fresh yogurt to avoid pimples and acne.
How To Use:
- Add a tablespoon of yogurt to a teaspoon of raw honey and mix them well together by adding a pinch of turmeric powder.
- Apply it evenly all over your face and massage it for a few minutes using your fingertips. Rinse it off with regular water after 30 minutes. Repeat the remedy twice in a week to get rid of pimples and acne.
Provides Youthful Glowing Skin
It is associated with lactic acid which helps to break down the dead skin cells and clears the dark spots and blemishes on the surface. Moisturizing properties nourish the damaged skin and help it to stay super hydrated condition. The deep cleansing action of yogurt helps to exfoliate the dirt and debris from the clogged pores and tightens large open pores.
How To Use:
- Add two tablespoons of fresh yogurt to a tablespoon of besan, rice flour and mix them well together by adding a tablespoon of fresh lemon juice.
- Keep it aside for at least half an hour and apply it all over your skin evenly like a facemask. Massage it for 3 to 4 minutes with your fingertips in circular motions.
- Let it become dry entirely and rinse it off with fresh water by following a scrubbing action.
- Repeat the remedy twice a week to gain natural glowing skin without any blemishes and dark spots.
Removes Suntan On Face
The moisturizing properties of it help to soothe sunburned skin and work great to remove sun tan and dark blemishes on the face. It prevents hyperpigmentation of skin by enhancing the skin complexion and boost up the collagen production.
How To Use:
- Add three tablespoons of unsweetened yogurt to 2 tablespoons of ripe papaya paste and mix them well by adding few drops of fresh lemon juice.
- Massage your face with it for few minutes and let it over your skin for at least 30 minutes. Rinse it off the cold water.
- Repeat the remedy twice in a week to avoid dark pigmentation and discoloration of skin naturally.
Provides Bright Complexion
The lightening properties of yogurt help to fade out unwanted blemishes and dark spots on the face by improving the skin complexion. It enhances the texture of skin by boosting up elastin and collagen production.
How To Use:
- Add a tablespoon of fresh plain yogurt to a tablespoon of fresh tomato juice. Mix them well together by adding a few drops of fresh lemon juice to it.
- Rub the mixture over your face in gentle circular motions using your fingertips. Rinse it off after 30 minutes with clean cold water.
- Repeat the remedy twice a week for natural bright skin complexion in a very few days.
Prevents Premature Aging
Yogurt helps to smooth out the wrinkles and fine lines on the face by reducing free radicals and delays the process of aging. It aids the formation of new skin cells and revitalizes the damaged skin cells and tissues. Their beneficial properties work excellently to halt the aging process when it combined with orange juice that rich in vitamin-C.
How To Use:
- Add a tablespoon of fresh plain yogurt to a teaspoon of fresh orange juice and mix them well together by adding a teaspoon of raw honey.
- Massage your skin with it and rinse it off after half an hour with cold water.
- Repeat the remedy twice in a week to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles on your face.
Amazing Benefits Of Yogurt For Hair
The presence of deep moisturizing and nourishing properties of it serves various hair benefits ranges from dandruff to hair fall. It revitalizes the damaged hair follicles and feeds them with its essential proteins and vitamins. You can massage your scalp with it by applying it all over the hair to grasp several hair gains. The following are the several hair benefits of yogurt.
Prevents Dandruff Effectively
It is fully loaded with lactic acid and anti-inflammatory properties which help to treat dry scalp condition by its nourishing action. It helps to retain the moisture on the scalp and reduces inflammation of scalp and relieves itching and infection. You can prepare an anti-dandruff hair mask by mixing three tablespoons of plain yogurt with a tablespoon of fresh lime juice.
How To Use:
- Soak two tablespoons of fenugreek seeds in a cup of fresh yogurt for half an hour and blend them to form a fine mixture.
- Apply it all over your hair covering each hair strand, and roots then massage your scalp with it for a few minutes.
- Rinse it off after 45 minutes with cold water using a mild shampoo.
- Repeat the remedy twice a week to get rid of dandruff and dry scalp.
Reduces Hair Fall
The high presence of protein content and vitamin-B in it helps to reverse hair loss and promotes healthy hair growth. It improves the texture of hair follicles by providing profound nourishing and moisturizing effects.
How To Use:
- Take four tablespoons of plain yogurt and add an egg yolk to it and mix it well by adding a tablespoon of olive oil to it.
- Apply it all over your hair including your scalp and hair roots by covering all split ends. Offer a gentle massage and leave it on for 45 minutes.
- Rinse it off with cold water with a mild shampoo. Repeat the remedy twice in a week to reduce hair fall.
Hair Mask For Lustrous Long Hair
Yogurt supports hair growth and prevents premature graying of hair when it combined with amla powder. The vitamin-C in amla helps to strengthen the hair roots and promotes natural and healthy hair growth by reducing excess hair fall. Let’s know how to make yogurt amla hair mask for long natural jet black hair.
How To Use:
- Add four tablespoons of fresh plain yogurt to 2 tablespoons of amla powder and mix them well together without lumps to form a thick fine paste.
- Apply it to your entire hair and massage your scalp with it for 5-6 minutes. Leave it on for 45 minutes.
- Rinse it off with fresh water with your regular shampoo. Repeat the remedy twice a week to get natural long black hair.
Best Health Benefits Of Yogurt
Yogurt is associated with plenty of the beneficial health components like calcium, protein, lactic acid, phosphorous, potassium, vitamin B12 and B5, magnesium, molybdenum, iodine, selenium and other fatty acids.
- Improves metabolism
- Relieves constipation
- Prevents vaginal infections
- Treats gastrointestinal disorders
- Regulates blood pressure
Yogurt Benefits for Bone Health
Being rich in vitamin-D and calcium yogurt enhances the strength of bones and helps to treat osteoporosis condition. It is highly associated with vital nutrients and proteins which aids bone health. Consumption of yogurt on a daily basis improve the metabolism of the body and supports muscular system due to its potassium and magnesium contents.
Yogurt Benefits For Weight Loss
The presence of essential amino acids and calcium in yogurt helps to burn the excess fat in the body in a quick natural way. It works effectively to reduce the fat around the belly, abdomen, and waistline by regulating the weight-promoting hormones like cortisol and other stress hormones. Always choose low-fat yogurt which works great for weight loss by reducing our cravings.
How To Use:
- Add a tablespoon of pure honey to a cup of fresh yogurt which is low in fats and mix them.
- Consume it at breakfast on a regular basis for quick and natural weight loss.
The presence of calcium, magnesium, vitamin D and high proteins in yogurt helps to treat osteoporosis disorder. It is a health disorder occurs when the bones lose calcium and become weak.
Calcium in yogurt helpful in countering the disease by increasing the calcium deficiency in the bones, and decreases the risk of bone breakage.