This post was most recently updated on August 22nd, 2018
Honey is a delicious sweetener which is referred to as liquid gold and widely used for different food and health purposes throughout the world. It is a powerhouse of potent antioxidants and beneficial flavonoids which serves plenty of the beauty and health gains. This golden sweetener has been used by Ayurveda as a traditional medicine since centuries due to its high healing properties. Let’s check out the overall health benefits of raw honey in detail.
- 1 Surprising Benefits Of Honey On Skin
- 1.1 Honey Can Remove Acne And Pimples On Face
- 1.2 Prevents Dry Skin Effectively By Restoring Moister
- 1.3 Reduce Wrinkles By Enhancing Skin Elastin
- 1.4 Restores Moisture To Dry Lips
- 1.5 Provide Youthful Glowing Skin
- 2 Honey Hair Mask For Dry, And Damaged Hair
- 3 Excellent Health Benefits Of Raw Honey
Surprising Benefits Of Honey On Skin
Being rich in powerful antioxidants, anti-aging and antibacterial properties liquid gold serves various beauty benefits and helps to gain glowing skin naturally. It is well known for its medicinal and healing properties and widely used to treat several skin conditions due to its antimicrobial properties. Always use raw honey for skin which offers quick and better results than processed or filtered honey. Let’s have a look at the beauty benefits of honey on the skin.
- Always opt for raw honey which rich in antioxidants and beneficial components than filtered or processed honey.
Honey Can Remove Acne And Pimples On Face
Are you tired of removing that stubborn pimples and acne on the face? Honey will help you to reach your goal of having pimple free and glowing skin. It helps to flush out the dead cells from the surface and open up the clogged pores and prevent acne and pimples. The anti-inflammatory properties of honey help to reduce the inflammation caused by blisters and to avoid acne scars profoundly.
How To Use:
- Clean your face with a mild cleanser and pat your skin dry with a cloth before applying it on the face.
- Apply pure raw honey on pimples and acne affected areas. Leave it on for at least 30-40 minutes and wash it off with clean water.
- You can get better and faster results when it is left overnight on the skin. Continue the remedy on a daily basis to own acne and pimple free skin.
How To Use Honey For Acne
- Add two tablespoons of raw honey to a tablespoon of fresh lemon juice and mix them properly by adding a tablespoon of warm water.
- Apply the mixture on evenly on your skin as a thin layer and let it dry.
- Cover the first layer with the mixture by applying the second layer on it like a face mask.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes and rinse it off with clean water and pat your skin dry. Repeat the remedy thrice a week to fade out acne scars and blemishes.
Prevents Dry Skin Effectively By Restoring Moister
Honey helps to retain the moisture in the skin and prevents dry skin and breakouts by nourishing the skin internally with its beneficial enzymes. It refines the skin pores and repairs the damaged skin and profoundly revitalizes the surface. Application of honey on skin helps to clear the rough, and uneven texture and aids break down of dead skin cells.
How To Use:
- Mix two tablespoons of raw honey with two tablespoons of raw milk and mix them well together or you can replace the milk by yogurt based on your comfort.
- Apply it evenly all over your face and let it for sit for 30 minutes and rinse it off with cold water and pat your skin dry with a clean cloth.
- Repeat the remedy thrice a week to get hydrated, glowing naturally.
Reduce Wrinkles By Enhancing Skin Elastin
The presence of active enzymes and high powered antioxidants in honey helps to improve the production of skin elastin and reduce the appearance of wrinkles. It boosts up the collagen which helps to reduce the formation of wrinkles and fine lines and prevents premature aging. Nectar promotes skin renewal and helps to fight against free radicals and encourages the creation of new skin cells.
How To Use:
- Clean your face to remove all the trace of makeup and dirt on the skin with warm water to open the pores.
- Combine a tablespoon of honey with a tablespoon of fresh lemon juice and apply it all over your skin and let it become dry.
- Rinse it off with clean cold water and pat your skin dry. Repeat the remedy three times in a week to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
- You can also prepare an anti-aging face pack by mixing two teaspoons of raw honey with two teaspoons of avocado pulp for the youthful, glowing skin.
Restores Moisture To Dry Lips
The deep moisturizing properties of honey helps to hydrate the chapped or dry lips by removing all the dead skin cells form it. You can massage your lips by dabbing some honey on your lips to get rid of dry, flaky lips. It helps to restore the lost moisture in lips and keep them hydrated and also reduce hyperpigmentation of lips.
Massage your lips with a teaspoon of honey and leave it for 25 minutes and rinse it off with fresh water. Repeat the remedy thrice a week to gain hydrated and natural pink lips.
Provide Youthful Glowing Skin
The anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties in honey help to exfoliate the dead skin cells from the surface and restore the moisture in the skin. It rejuvenates the damaged skin and prevents acne and breakouts by hydrating the skin. Application of honey on skin helps to improve the skin complexion and provides radiant, glowing skin by reducing hyperpigmentation and dark spots and blemishes.
How To Use:
- Mix two tablespoons of raw honey with a tablespoon of oatmeal mash and combine them well together.
- Massage your face with it for few minutes using your fingertips in slow upward circular motions. Rinse it off after 30 minutes with cold water. Repeat the remedy twice in a week to gain all the beauty benefits of honey.
Honey Hair Mask For Dry, And Damaged Hair
Being rich in antioxidants and moisturizing properties honey helps to retain the moisture in hair follicles and promotes natural hydrated hair. It adds shine to hair strands and nourishes them with its active enzymes and components. The addition of coconut or olive oil to honey helps to treat dry scalp and frizzy hair and offers shiny, soft hair.
How To Use:
- Damp your hair with warm water and twist your hair slowly to drain the water from hair follicles. Mix two tablespoons of raw honey to three tablespoons of olive oil well together.
- Apply it all over your damp hair and massage your scalp with the mixture for 5-10 minutes to improve blood circulation to the scalp.
- Let it for 45 minutes for in-depth nourishing and moisturizing treatment and rinse it off with cold water.
Excellent Health Benefits Of Raw Honey
Honey is associated with several enzymes, healthy antioxidants and antiviral, antiseptic and antimicrobial properties which are much beneficial for health. It is widely used for centuries to treat various health ailments due to its quick healing properties. Let’s check out the health benefits of honey.
Intaking of two teaspoons of pure honey on a regular basis will help you to gain the following health benefits of honey. You can also consume a teaspoon of honey diluted with a glass of warm water on a regular basis to stay fit and healthy.
- Relieves constipation
- Improves immunity
- Treats diarrhea and dysentery
- Heals wounds and burns
- Lowers cholesterol
- Heart health
- Boosts memory
It Can Provide Sound Sleep
If you are one of the people who struggle from sleepless nights, then honey can help you to have a sound sleep without any medications. This beneficial golden liquid is associated with tryptophan hormone which can improve the production of sleep-inducing hormones like serotonin and melatonin. It will make you sleep faster and revitalize your body when you rest by enhancing the immune system.
- Add a teaspoon of raw honey to a glass of warm milk and consume it before bed sleep for better and faster rest.
- You can also drink two teaspoons of raw honey before half an hour of sleep to induce sleep.
Suppresses Common Cold And Cough
Honey is highly recommended to treat a nighttime cough and common cold due to its powerful components and antibacterial properties. You can get rid of that continuous cough during nights by simply consuming two teaspoons of raw honey before 30 minutes of bedtime. It works great to treat a cough in children when it consumed daily before sleep.
Note: We are not recommending infants to use honey for health disorders.
Honey Helps To Lose Weight Naturally
It is one of the best health benefits of honey. Being low in fat and calories honey aids healthy weight loss by burning excess fat in the body. Intake of honey enhances the functioning of the liver and helps it to produce more fat burning hormones and improves immunity. It increases the production of glucose and fructose and suppresses appetite by creating a feeling of satiety and promotes quick weight loss.
How To Use:
- Consume two teaspoons of raw honey before 30 minutes of sleep on a regular basis. It improves the glucose levels in the body during nights and supports weight loss by burning over fat.
- Add two teaspoons of honey to one teaspoon of fresh lemon juice and consume the mixture before going to bed on a regular basis for a healthy and quick weight loss.