This post was most recently updated on January 23rd, 2019
Hair adds beauty to the one’s personality. Maintaining hair is the more significant challenge that everybody is facing in the present scenario. Oily hair is one among them it happening due to few reasons such as pollution surrounding us, the busy life schedule, i.e., not allowing the individual to take the proper care of themselves. Let me discuss in detail regarding the topic, and I would like to suggest you a few tips along with precautions to be taken so that you would get rid of your oily hair by following them. Let’s see how to get rid of oily hair and causes.
As per my view prevention is better than cure, i.e., the best phenomenon the one need to obtain in their life to lead a life without any hindrances.
- 1 How To Get Rid Of Oily Hair
Causes of Oily Hair
The mains components of hair are roots and scalp. Excess production of natural oil named sebum causes to greasy or oily hair which secretes from sebaceous glands of the scalp. It keeps your hair healthy and shiny, but sometimes that glands produce excessive sebum.
Some people are applying hair styling products to straighten their hair such kind of gels provides temporary straightness, but the chemical components in it may disturb the outer layer of the scalp that contains sebaceous glands, which result in sebum overproduction.
Hair Care Routine:
Your hair care routine may also cause to oily hair. Application of shampoos are better to get rid of greasy hair, but its harsh chemical components may induce overproduction. You should not wash your hair with shampoo more than three times a week. Conditioners can be responsible for it, Improper washing of conditioners from the hair becomes oily. Moreover, excess application of oils may also cause to greasy hair, if left unclean that leads to flaky scalp.
The sebum can’t be distributed to ends of the hair due to kinks which cause to sebum stores at the hair roots. People with curly hair will have more chances to experience oily or greasy hair.
Medications using during pregnancy may be caused to greasy hair which interrupts hormonal balance. As the same way birth control pills also are trigger hormonal imbalance, thus, oily hair prevention is hard during pregnancy or after usage of birth control pills.
Eczema, psoriasis-like skin condition dried out your scalp, in such cases that sebum glands produce more sebum to separate the dead skin cells from the scalp, its results tend to oily hair.
Precautions To Avoid Oily Hair
To avoid the occurrence of oily hair, everyone needs to follow a few precautions which help to look perfect with good hair complexion.
- Daily consume 4litres of fluid at least.
- Consume as many citric fruits as you can in a day which balance vitamins hair follicles.
- While going out take care that you should cover your hair with a scarf is avoids the contact of dust to our hair.
- Avoid over usage of harsh chemical contained shampoos. Regular usage of them destroyers outer layer of the scalp that leads to secretion of more sebum.
In case even if your following all the precautions still you are facing the problem of oily hair one needs to take more hair care and follow some home remedies available which help to get rid of greasy hair. I hope my article would help you to minimize your problem as much as possible.
How To Get Rid Of Oily Hair
- Egg and onion juice
- Tomato And Honey
- Natural Pack
- Soap Nuts
- Lemon Juice
- Apple Cider Vinegar
1. Egg With Onion To Get Rid Of Oily Hair
The high content of antioxidants and anti-bacterial properties abundant in that both of them. As well as vitamins and minerals quickly penetrate hair follicles that help to seal sebaceous glands. Usage of this remedy weekly twice impacts on oily hair and provides healthy and shiny hair.
How To Apply:
- Take 2 to 3 eggs which depend on the length of your hair. It would help if you took even yellow yolk of it for applying.
- Cut onion into small slices and extract the juice from them.
- Now mix both egg and onion juice in a bowl.
- Apply on your hair and massage it gently for 10minuts.
- Rinse it off with tepid water after 45 minutes.
2. Tomato And Honey To Get Rid Of Oily Hair
Tomato and honey are the most common things which available in your kitchen. The rich source of vitamins, proteins, and antioxidants in it help to get rid of oily hair naturally.
How To Apply:
- Take two tomatoes and three spoons of honey in a bowl and mix them well.
- Apply the pack to your hair and massage for few minutes with tips of fingers.
- Massaging helps us to indulge the mixture deep into the scalp to absorption of nutrients.
Commonly people will have a doubt applying honey makes hair white but as per scientifically applying honey along with tomato mix both tend to minimize the oily secretion by sebaceous glands. Its preparation effortless and low expenses, You can use this remedy weekly thrice to remove greasiness of hair.
3. Natural Pack For Oily Hair
All you need to have for this pack is natural growth henna lemon and curd. World widely henna would use in many hair treatments due to its high content of nutritional values. Many of us are using that in hair coloring. Furthermore, it can use as a hair conditioner. Lemon and curd are rich in antioxidants and acids which open up clogged pores in the scalp that helps to absorb nutrients from henna. Monthly twice usage of this remedy can prevent overproduction of sebum. Moreover, applying that mixture helps to get silky shining and healthy hair.
How To Apply:
- You need to mix all the three ingredients well and leave mix for one hour before applying on your hair.
- Now take the mixture after one hour and apply on your hair from scalp to hair ends.
- You need to stay for 30 minutes after this, rinse it off with a mild shampoo.
4. Soap Nuts For Oily Hair
Soap nuts that we called reetha are beneficial to get rid of oily hair due to the presence of antifungal and antibacterial along with healing abilities. It is available throughout the world. Soap nuts act as a natural shampoo by providing accurate results in hair. Thus, many hair care products have its useful components to acquire proper results. In the 19th century before there is no usage of shampoos out there, in such cases people used that soap nuts as shampoo, that’s the reason they have fewer chances to have scalp related problems associated with eczema and psoriasis.
How To Apply:
- Mashup 10 soap nuts and soak them in fresh water, then it produces foam.
- Apply that foam on your hair and massage your scalp for a few minutes.
- After this, rinse it off with fresh water.
- You can use this remedy weekly twice only.
5. Lemon Juice To Get Rid Of Oily Hair
The presence of citric acid in lemon effectively cleans the greasiness of your scalp, and the essential nutritional values quickly absorb by sebaceous glands which may result in check overproduction of sebum.
How to Apply:
- Apply fresh lemon juice to your scalp by separating your stands and leave it for 30 minutes.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Do this remedy weekly thrice to see better results.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar
The primary component called acetic acid in it balances the ph of the scalp, also removes accumulated dead skin and greasiness from the scalp.
How To Apply:
- Add a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to a cup of water and mix them well.
- Apply it directly to your hair roots and massage for two minutes in a circular motion.
- You can use this remedy weekly twice.
Following the above remedies frequently as per your convenience will helps in control of oil hair along with an improvement of hair condition.
I heartfully suggest the ingredients mentioned above will help you in getting rid of greasy hair, and as per your availability of materials, you can choose any of the above. Mainly you need to follow the precautions even if you use that home remedies, without following precautions you can’t achieve the best results. I hope you follow both packs along with precautions for the nourishment of hair.