This post was most recently updated on July 8th, 2019
It is the most common skin infection known as tinea cruise, which caused by a group of fungus called dermatophytes. Nearly 20 percent of people are suffering from it around the world. Usually, it never creates a severe problem, but sometimes its overgrowth can trigger intense itch with severe pain. I will let you know how to get rid of jock itch overnight, but before getting int to the topic, try to understand the causes and symptoms I hope this article will help you.
- 1 Causes of Jock Itchy:
- 2 Symptoms of Jock Itch
- 3 Over-The-Counter Medication For Jock Itch
- 4 How To Get Rid Of Jock Itch Overnight
- 5 1. Lemon And Coconut Oil To Treat Jock Itch
- 6 2. Salt and Holy Basil To Get Rid Of Jock Itch
- 7 3. Neem Grass Oil And Coconut Oil
- 8 5. Coconut Oil And Holy Basil For Jock Itch
- 9 6. Oatmeal and Coconut Oil To Get Rid Of Jock Itch
- 10 7. Coconut Oil And Turmeric
- 11 8. Pure Aloe Vera Gel
- 12 Jock Itch Prevention Methods
- 13 Call Your Doctor:
Causes of Jock Itchy:
It belongs to a type of fungus genus that we know as dermatophytes, which mostly thrive in moist and fold areas of the skin. You can see it on groin, thighs, and buttocks because of that places are moisture, warm and also folded, thus, act as a breeding ground for the dermatophytes.
Athletes have more chances to will have jock itch because they stay a long time in the water and wear sweaty clothes when compared to normal persons. It is not only confined to athletes, but also anyone can experience it.
Poor hygiene, improper care of skin, sweaty clothes can allow fungus multiply. Usually, these are contagious infections, spread from a person to another person by the usage of the same cloths, undergarment of an infected person. Most of the time, you can observe it in men and adolescent boys when compared with women.
Women may experience it while having intercourse with a person who has jock itch.
Note: Moreover, jock itch can grow faster people with diabetes and overweight than normal people. Sugar feeds the fungus, and excessive skin folds act as a suitable habitat.
Symptoms of Jock Itch
Although it is a minimal problem which usually includes
- Intense itch
- Burning sensation
- Rashes around thighs
- Groin pain
- Discoloration of the affected area
- Red Bumps
Over-The-Counter Medication For Jock Itch
We can purchase over-the-counter medications without a prescription, which also can suppress the symptoms of jock itch. If you are experiencing jock itch for the first time, try home remedies to treat jock itch instead of anti-fungal creams. Home remedies are effectively reduce itching sensation, and most of the ayurvedic doctors also recommend them.
How To Get Rid Of Jock Itch Overnight
You can get rid of jock itch with just using your kitchen ingredients. Home ingredients work better in treating jock itch due to the presence of anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial properties. I suggest a few home remedies for jock itch with my personal experience with them. Let’s check out the list of remedies to treat intense jock itch.
1. Lemon And Coconut Oil To Treat Jock Itch
Lemon acts as a natural cleanser due to the presence of citric acid and its antibacterial properties. Coconut oil enriched with anti-fungal, antioxidants along with moisturizing properties which kill the germs on affected areas and provide relief from burning sensation. Most of the people suggest that usage of lemon and coconut oil can effectively treat jock itch.
- Coconut Oil
How to Use:
- Add one tablespoon of fresh lemon juice to a tablespoon of coconut oil and mix them well until you get a thick mixture.
- Apply that mixture on the affected area and leave it overnight to get rid of jock itch.
- Continue this remedy at least 7days to heal itchiness with intense pain.
2. Salt and Holy Basil To Get Rid Of Jock Itch
We all have known that salt is an excellent cleanser of the skin, and it can prevent fungi from spreading it to nearest areas of the body. As well as holy basil leaves works effectively in treating eczema psoriasis due to its anti-microbial properties. This remedy works better if jock itch severity is higher than usually associated with a burning sensation.
- Rock Salt
- Holy Basil
How To Use:
- Grind some holy basil leaves until getting past and mix them well by adding rock salt with it.
- Gently rub the affected area with that paste before going to bed and leave it overnight.
- Continue this remedy at least ten days to suppress dermatophytes overgrowth on your skin.
3. Neem Grass Oil And Coconut Oil
You can purchase neem grass oil in Ayurvedic medical stores. It mostly uses to treat rashes associated with intense itching. Addition of coconut oil can help to get quick relief from jock itch and also soothes your skin. Moreover, regular application of this combination may also prevent eczema, psoriasis.
- Neem Grass Oil
- Coconut Oil
How To Use:
- Add a half tablespoon of coconut oil to a half tablespoon of neem grass oil and apply it on affected areas.
- Leave it overnight and continue this remedy for 15 days to get rid of jock itch naturally.
5. Coconut Oil And Holy Basil For Jock Itch
You can make a homemade ointment with the combination of holy basil and coconut oil. These both have anti-fungal, antibacterial properties which quickly penetrate the layers of the affected areas to reduce the severity of the infection. The topical following of this remedy can help to keep your skin away from eczema, ringworms.
- Coconut oil
- Holy Basil
How to Use:
- Grind 15 to 20 holy basil leaves until you get a constant paste. Then add a half tablespoon of coconut oil to it
- Mix well and apply it on groin, thighs and buttocks and other affected areas.
- Follow this remedy at least seven days to get noticeable results.
6. Oatmeal and Coconut Oil To Get Rid Of Jock Itch
Oatmeal has antibacterial properties along with antioxidants, which play an essential role in skin care. Addition of coconut oil with it can effectively treat jock itch with intense pain.
- Coconut oil
How to Prepare and Use.
- Grind a half handful of oatmeal by adding appropriate water until getting a thick paste.
- Apply that paste to affected areas and leave it overnight.
- Continue this remedy at least 10days to cure jack itchy permanently.
7. Coconut Oil And Turmeric
Turmeric is an antiseptic agent. Its anti-fungal abilities in coconut oil effectively minimize fungus that causes jock itch. Plenty of the people use this combination to get rid of yeast infection; thus, traditional practitioners recommending it cure your jock.
- Coconut Oil
How To Use:
- Add a half tablespoon of turmeric powder to a tablespoon of coconut oil and mix them well.
- Apply that mixture to the affected area before bed.
8. Pure Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe vera enriched with anti-fungal, antibacterial, and some healing abilities which potentially reduce fungal infection and suppress fungal growth.
- Remove the peel of fresh aloe vera and rub it on jock area for five minutes.
- Leave it overnight and rinse it off with fresh water.
Jock Itch Prevention Methods
- Wear clean cotton cloths and do not wear the same clothes on the second day.
- Apply over the counter medicines topically to keep away symptoms of jock itch.
- If you have diabetes visit your doctor, he will suggest you a better medication.
- Wear loose clothes to avoid sweating.
- Avoid sugar contained foods which feed on dermatophytes.
- Clean your groin, thighs after bath and exercise with a cotton cloth.
- Wash your groin areas with soapy water.
- Do not stay for a long time with sweaty clothes.
Call Your Doctor:
If you do not see an improvement after home treatment within weekdays, call your doctor to diagnose the intensity of infection.
Your doctor may conduct a physical examination by rubbing the affected area to collect some cells for lab study.
Sometimes they may suggest fourderm topical anti-fungal cream to treat jock itch.
In rare cases, doctors may suggest oral medication when you have a second stage of infection.
Question And Answers
Q: Is It possible to get rid of jock itch overnight?
A: Yes, Mild stage of jock itch can be treated at home treatment.
Q: Do I Need To Use Oral medications for jock itch?
A: Sometimes, it may require to you, but contact your doctor before use oral medications.
Q: Why home remedies are the most effective in Jock itch treatment?
A: Home remedies are enriched with anti-fungal and antibacterial abilities, which effectively reduce jock itch.
Q: Can we Prevent Jock Itch?
A: Yes, you can prevent jock itch by cleaning your groin areas with soapy water and pat drying with a smooth cotton cloth.
Q: What is the best -anti-fungal cream for jock itch?
A: Most of the doctors are suggesting that fourderm, but contact your doctor before using such anti-fungal creams.
Q: Why Athletes have more chances to get jock itch?
A: Toenail fungus and jock itch caused by the same fungus group called dermophytes. They have more chance to will have jock itch due to toenail fungus.
Q: Can we prevent fungal infection by eating healthy food?
A: Yes, you can prevent fungal infection by eating healthy foods that rich in anti-fungal and antibacterial abilities.
Opt for leafy greens, fruits, and probiotics to keep away fungal infections.