This post was most recently updated on June 24th, 2018
Dandruff is an embarrassing condition caused by one of the fungi named Malassezia globosa which is a natural fungus present on our scalp. It survives on the scalp by in taking sebum which is a natural oil produced by our skin. The excreta of this fungi includes oleic acid which gets penetrated into the scalp and results in dandruff which shows dead skin cells and dry flakes. It is not possible to stop dandruff completely, but we can prevent it through some effective home remedies. Let’s check out that how to get rid of dandruff through natural remedial measures.
- 1 Causes Of Dandruff
- 2 Best Home Remedies For Dandruff
- 3 Yogurt Beneficial Components And Results
- 3.1 3. Neem Oil For Dandruff Treatment
- 3.2 4. Soap Nuts To Get Rid Of Dandruff
- 3.3 5. Dandruff Treatment with Eggs
- 3.4 6. Amla Prevents Dandruff
- 3.5 7. Coconut And Olive Oil
- 3.6 8. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3.7 9. Wild Indigo And Butter
- 3.8 10. Onion Juice For Dandruff
- 3.9 11. Aloe Vera To Remove Dandruff
- 3.10 12. Curd And Lemon Juice To Get Rid Of Dandruff
Causes Of Dandruff
The following are the different causes of dandruff which makes the scalp to shed off the dry flakes and dead skin cells.
- Poor hygiene of scalp
- Over-shampooing of hair
- Harsh hair treatments
- Hair care products
- Dry scalp
- Psoriasis And Eczema
Best Home Remedies For Dandruff
Dandruff is can also be caused due to harsh hair care products and harm full dandruff treatments. So it is better to turn back to ancient natural remedies for dandruff which are free from harsh components. These remedial measures are easy to follow and very useful. They can also control hair fall and several hair disorders. Let check out that how to get rid of dandruff naturally.
1. Lemon Juice To Prevent Dandruff
Lemon juice is an active ingredient and widely used for dandruff treatment to get rid of dandruff in a faster way. Citric acid a significant component in it knocks down the fungus on the scalp. It’s antibacterial properties, and essential vitamins and antioxidants contribute healthy hair growth by nourishing hair follicles. It is the foremost one in home remedies for dandruff prevention which shows effective results.
- Rub your scalp with lemon juice and massage your scalp for 4 to 5 minutes with your fingertips.
- Let it sit for half an hour and rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- People with sensitive skin can apply the lemon juice by mixing it with coconut oil to get rid of dandruff.
- Repeat the remedy twice in a week to remove dandruff and other scalp disorders.
The presence of lactic acid and several proteins with anti-bacterial properties of yogurt helps to remove dandruff and provides ample nourishment to the hair. It penetrates into deeper layers of hair shafts and contributes goodness to the hair. The deep penetrating capacity of yogurt helps to remove dandruff and relieve you from the dry, itchy scalp.
Yogurt Beneficial Components And Results
|1. Lactic acid, zinc, Vitamin B12, B2, AND, B5.|| Removes dandruff and dry scalp, provide ample nourishment for hair.|
|2. Calcium, vitamin D with several proteins.||Prevents hair fall, add shine to hair, controls hair breakage and split ends.|
- Apply fresh yogurt to your hair including the scalp. Massage your scalp with it for 3-4 minutes to get rid of dandruff.
- Let it for at least 45 minutes then rinse it off with cold water.
- It is one of the helpful tips in home remedies for dandruff which not only remove dandruff but also strengthen your hair shafts.
- Repeat the remedy thrice in a week for desired results.
3. Neem Oil For Dandruff Treatment
Neem oil (Azadirachta Indica) is a medicinal herb used for different Ayurveda purposes which also include dandruff treatment because of its anti-bacterial, and antifungal properties. The antiviral properties of it help to get rid of dandruff due to fungus and bacteria on the scalp. Moreover, it can also treat several types of skin and scalp related diseases due to its healing properties.
- Apply two tablespoons of neem oil to your hair and rub it over your scalp for few minutes.
- Rinse it off with tepid water after 30 minutes. It is the effective one in natural remedies for dandruff prevention.
4. Soap Nuts To Get Rid Of Dandruff
Soap nuts which are usually referred to as reetha is a gentle cleanser and can help to prevent dandruff and promote healthy hair growth. They are widely used in several anti-dandruff shampoos to get rid of dandruff quickly. Regular usage of reetha can provide silky and soft hair. It is a healing one in home remedies.
- Mash 10 to 15 soap nuts and soak them in water for 2-3 hours. Apply that solution to your scalp and entire hair and rub it to produce lather.
- Wash it off by clean water after a slight massage on scalp.
- You can use this remedy once in a week. You can replace the shampoo with natural soap nuts for healthy hair growth.
5. Dandruff Treatment with Eggs
Eggs are well known for hair care and dandruff treatments due to the presence of high protein and vitamins in it. They are enriched with vital antioxidants and nutrients which remove dandruff and provides nourishment to the hair follicles and enhance the strength of hair roots.
- Add a tablespoon of fresh lemon juice and coconut oil to an egg yolk and blend them well together.
- Cover your entire hair with it and rub it over your scalp with your fingertips.
- Wash it off with your regular shampoo. Repeat the remedy once in a week to get rid of dandruff in a couple of weeks.
6. Amla Prevents Dandruff
Amla (Indian gooseberry) fully packed with the vital source of vitamins, antioxidants, minerals, and anti-bacterial properties which help for dandruff treatment. It acts as an effective cleanser of the scalp which removes all the fungus and dry flakes on the scalp. Its vitamin C helps to nourish the hair shafts and provides natural hair growth.
- Make a fine paste of amla powder with sufficient water and apply it on all over your including your scalp.
- Massage it on your dry scalp for 3 to 4 minutes using your fingertips.
- Let it stand for 45 minutes and rinse it off with a mild shampoo to remove dandruff and impurities.
7. Coconut And Olive Oil
Oil massage is very beneficial for hair which makes hair thicker and stronger. Natural Oils possess antifungal and antibacterial properties which makes your hair grow faster and stands best for dandruff treatment.
- Add two tablespoons of coconut oil to one tablespoon of olive oil and mix them well together. Heat them to for 3 to 4 minutes on a medium flame and let it gets warm.
- Massage your scalp with it for 5 to 10 minutes and leave it overnight. Rinse it off with a mild shampoo in the morning.
8. Apple Cider Vinegar
The high presence of acetic acid and potassium in vinegar helps to remove dandruff and dry flakes from the scalp due to its acidic nature. It also adds shine to your hair and contributes to healthy hair growth.
- Add a teaspoon of fresh lemon juice to a tablespoon of vinegar and massage your scalp with it for few minutes.
- Let it sit for at least 45 minutes and rinse off with clean water to get rid of dandruff.
9. Wild Indigo And Butter
Wild indigo is very useful for dandruff treatment according to the Indian Ayurveda due to its antifungal and antibacterial properties. It is widely used to treat psoriasis. You can also use it to remove dandruff from your hair.
- Wet some wild indigo roots and grind them into a fine paste.
- Add a tablespoon of butter to two tablespoons of paste and merge them well.
- Apply it to your scalp and cover your entire hair from top to hair ends.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water after 30 minutes.
Repeat the remedy for three days to remove dandruff from your scalp, and it can also treat unpleasant conditions such as dry scalp and eczema.
10. Onion Juice For Dandruff
Onion juice is rich in sulfur which works wondrously for dandruff treatment. It’s anti-bacterial, anti-fungal properties and other essential nutrients with antioxidants help to fight against dandruff causing fungus and relieves dry scalp.
- Add a tablespoon of olive to two tablespoons of onion juice and mix them well.
- Apply it to your hair and massage your scalp for few minutes. Let it for 30 minutes.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
11. Aloe Vera To Remove Dandruff
Aloe Vera is also one of the great ingredients for the prevention of dandruff due to its high content of anti-fungal properties and minerals. These properties penetrate deeply into the hair follicles and remove itchiness and dry scalp.
- Apply 4 tablespoons of Aloe Vera gel to your hair and massage it on your scalp with your fingertips.
- Let it stand for 30 minutes and Rinse it off with fresh water after 30 minutes.
- Continue this remedy for at least four times in a week to get rid of dandruff.
12. Curd And Lemon Juice To Get Rid Of Dandruff
The combination of these two ingredients works great for dandruff treatment. The presence of citric acid and lactic acid in these two ingredients helps to remove the itchy scalp and open up the clogged pores.
- Add two tablespoons of fresh lemon juice to four tablespoons of fresh curd and mix them well together.
- Apply it to your scalp and on your entire hair up to roots of the hair. Let it for half an hour. Rinse it off with a mild shampoo with clean water. Use this remedy once in a week.