A sound sleep provides a healthy body, but it remains a dream due to this busy life. Numerous people all around the globe suffer from sleeping disorders which shows an adverse impact on their health. If you are one of the people who struggle to sleep every single night then here are some magical natural remedies for deep sleep.
What Is The Insomnia And How It Effects Us?
Insomnia is a common sleeping disorder which makes a person stay asleep that leads to fatigue and results in headaches which will decrease your performance of work and energy levels. It is mainly two types which are named as acute insomnia (lasts for days or weeks) and chronic insomnia (lasts about months or longer).
Important Causes Of Insomnia
- Stress and depression
- Excess consumption of alcohol
- Mental disorders
- Poor sleeping habits
- Severe work
- Long usage of mobile or laptops before bedtime
- Over intake of caffeine products
- Smoking and drugs
Best Natural Home Remedies For Deep Sleep
Various Sleeping pills and several medications are available to treat insomnia which may severely affect your health. There are some natural ingredients which work great to treat sleeping disorders. You can treat insomnia with the following effective natural remedies to improve your sleep. Let’s see how to get deep sleep.
1. Milk And Honey
Intaking of warm milk before going to bed can promote quick and deep sleep. Its calming properties help to relax the body and brain by relieving stress. Regular consumption of warm milk improves the digestion and supports several health benefits. The presence of tryptophan in milk stimulates the production of serotonin and helps to sleep well.
- Add a teaspoon of raw honey to a glass of warm milk and consume it before going to bed. It is one of the fastest ways to fall asleep.
- You can also drink by adding a teaspoon of saffron to a glass of warm milk for deep sleep.
2. Hot Water Bath
Having the hot shower or hot bath calms down the nervous system by raising our body temperature. It relieves stress and muscle tensions and provides a restful deep sleep. Try the hot shower before going to bed for stress less sleep.
The generous amount of magnesium in bananas helps for muscle relaxation, and tryptophan helps to induce sleep. It stimulates the production of melatonin and serotonin which are responsible for the sleep cycle. Banana tea is an excellent way to fall asleep without a sleeping pill.
How to Prepare:
- Chop a banana into thin slices without its peel and add them to a cup of water and let them boil for few minutes.
- Add a pinch of cinnamon powder to it and mix it well with the water. Strain the water and consume the warm banana infused water before 30 minutes to bed.
4. Chamomile Tea
The presence of apigenin and deep relaxing properties in chamomile helps to relieve insomnia. Chrysin which is a flavonoid found in chamomile can induce sleep and improves health. It is widely used to treat insomnia due to its sedative and relaxing effects. The deep calming action of this plant increases the serotonin and melatonin levels in the body and promotes deep sleep.
- Consume chamomile tea before 30 minutes to bed for deep sleep.
5. Lavender Essential Oil
The sweet aromatic fragrance of lavender essential oil relaxes the body, and its calming effect relieves the stress and calms down the body. It has been used for centuries to treat insomnia and for other health benefits due to its versatile nature. It provides deep relaxation to the body and promotes deep sleep being a natural relaxant
How To Use:
- Add few drops of lavender essential oil to your bathtub or have a shower with lavender infused water for deep relaxation.
- You can also rub few drops of lavender oil on your pillow or your neck or temples for deep sleeping action.
6. Lemon Water
In taking fresh lemon water helps to restore electrolytes. The combination of lemon and salt provides quick relaxation to your stomach by reducing gas and improves digestion. Drink a glass of fresh lemon water by adding a pinch of salt before you sleep. It helps to cool down your body and provide good sleep.
Regular consumption of garlic at morning helps to flush the harmful toxins from the body and also improves cardiovascular health. The overpowering smell of garlic prevents all the odors from your body and induces sleep due to its high content of medicinal values.
8. Cumin Seeds
The presence of magnesium and tranquilizing properties in cumin helps to reduce stress and relieves anxiety in the body. It acts as a body relaxant and helps to treat insomnia due to its high calming effects.
How To Use:
- Add teaspoon cumin seeds to a cup of water and boil them for few minutes.
- Strain the water and consume it before 0 minutes to bed for good sleep.
9. Proper Sleeping Time:
- Particular or same sleeping time can promote deep sleep. Try to Finish your dinner before 8 p.m and hit the bed precisely 9 p.m. and try to wake up the morning at 5 a.m. Try this sleep tips for better and restful deep sleep.
- Avoid sleeping in day times which may affect your night sleep badly.
10. Avoid Fast Foods
Fast foods can create several health disorders like gastric and digestive problems. Improper digestion and other factors can lead to insomnia. Try to avoid street foods and do not consume heavy meals after 8 p.m which can make you sleepless.
11. Stay Away From Electronic Gadgets During Sleep Time
Electronic gadgets show indirect effects on mental health due to the generation of electromagnetic waves from them. Mobile phones, T.V., Radio and laptops like can cause stress and disturb your sleep due to their focusing lighting display.
- Turn your mobile into a silent mode or turn off it to have an undisturbed and restful sleep.
12. Meditation For Deep Sleep
Meditation helps to control the mind and reduce the excess stress in the body. Sit comfortably and concentrate on your breath by closing your eyes. Inhale deeply by raising your chest upwards and exhale slowly by downing your chest back to the position. Practice the deep breathing for 3-4 minutes for a restful sleep.
13. Overmedication Can Disturb Your Sleep
Consumption of harmful drugs and steroids leads to hormonal imbalances and results in insomnia. Hormonal changes and insufficient sleep lead to excess weight gain and causes several health disorders. So it is good to avoid overmedications and drugs for deep sleep.
14. Physical Exercise
Stress is the leading cause of insomnia and also leads to other health disorders. Regular physical exercises and workouts can combat it. Adenosine is also a hormone which makes you fall asleep and tired. An exercise helps to relieve stress and depression and promote good restful sleep. Physical tiredness helps to fall into a deep sleep and also improves mental health.
Yoga For Insomnia
Yoga provides ultimate relaxation to the body by relieving all the stress and anxiety. Bedtime yoga induces deep sleep and calms down the brain and nervous system. Regular practice of yoga can do wonders for your body by improving your physical and mental health.
Pose 1: Seated Forward Bend
- Sit comfortably with a straight spine position and inhale deeply. Now slowly turn your spine down by slow exhaling and bring your hands and head down.
- Stay in that pose for 2 minutes for deep relaxation and soothing effect.
- Lie down on your back spreading your knees apart. Then bring the soles of your feet together by placing your hands on your belly.
- Close your eyes and concentrate on your breathing leaving all the tensions in your mind for 2-3 minutes.
Pose 3: Wind-Relieving Pose
- Try wind relieving pose to calm down the stress and to reduce anxiety in the body. It will help you to fall asleep in a quick way.
- Place your hips on your heels and stretch your hands by bending your spine and head to the downward direction.
- Stay for 2 minutes for deep internal massage and relaxation of muscles. It will help to relieve anxiety and stress in the body and promotes deep sleep.
Simple Things To Be Done For Deep Sleep
- Follow the below-sleeping tips with above home remedies for good and deep sleep.
- Always keep your bed clean and tidy which will help you to sleep well.
- Avoid using laptop or mobile before 20 minutes to bed to relieve the stress.
- Never skip night meal which can make you stay awake all over the night.
- Avoid caffeine products and heavy meal during night times for deep sleep.
- Make sure to off all the lights in your room before you sleep.
- Having a hot shower before going to bed will help you to sleep better.
- Avoid sleeping during daytime which can make you sleepless at night periods.
- Do work out or practice meditation for deep sleeping action.
- Listen to soft music for better sleep and avoid excess stress.