Earache is an annoying condition for anyone. Not all ear pains are same and also no need antibiotics in all cases. Earache depends on a wide verity of reasons, whether that is bacterial or water trapped in the ear. On the request of our readers, I am writing this article to deal with an earache naturally. Let’s see how to use earache home remedy for quick relief.
Note: However, if you feel that is severe even after usage of over the counter medications or home remedies, need prescription level treatment.
Ear pain goes itself without using prescription medications or home remedies, but usually, we need proper care about it to keep away from ear infection with severe pain that we medically called acute otitis media.
Causes Of Earache
Earache is two types, the first kind of pain caused by internal activities such as bacterial infections of the ear and the second type of pain considered as referred pain that originates from where the nearest areas have inflammation or injuries.
While other times sinusitis, cough and throat infection can also be caused to an earache. Means throat and eardrum has a connecting tube named Eustachian when exposure to influenza that causes fluid trapped in the Eustachian tube and imbalances the equal pressure of eardrums to the throat which results in an earache.
Note: If you observe secretion of mucus continuously from your nose, or oozing out pus from the ear that may be caused by influenza. Visit your doctor for better treatment.
Signs Of Earache
- Unpleasant pain
- Itching sensation in the ears
- Oozing out fluid or pus from the ear
- Bad Odor
- Temporarily hearing loss
- In some cases, you may experience fever, headache along with irritation.
Medicine For Ear Pain
We can use over the counter medications for an earache without prescription such as Ibuprofen, acetaminophen, and aspirin which may provide quick relief. If you are suffering from ear infection with intense pain for the first time, it’s a good idea to visit your doctor; they will conduct a physical examination to diagnose what type of causes induces the ear pain.
Best Home Remedies For Ear Pain
There are a few home remedies out there which fully loaded with a vital source of antibacterial, antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties. Doctors may suggest them to relieve pain quickly. I will show a few home remedies for ear pain which proven by some studies.
1. Olive Oil Is Best Earache Home Remedy
It is ancestor’s earache home remedy, even though, most of the people opting it to treat ear infections due to its antimicrobial properties, which may effectively reduce ear pain. Also, it helps to remove earwax blockage that may cause to an earache by blocking the ear canal.
- Olive oil
How to Use:
- Slightly heat two tablespoons of olive oil and put 4 to 5 drops into your ears with the help of eye dropper.
- Do this remedy daily twice at morning and before bedtime.
2. Sesame Oil And Garlic To Get Ear Pain Relief
It is a folk remedy for an earache, most of the people prefer it while they are having pain. The presence of anti-bacterial, antifungal, along with anti-inflammatory properties may provide quick relief to your ears by preventing bacteria or virus growth behind the eardrum. Also, it can reduce swelling of the middle ear infection that caused by fluid trapped in the eardrum tube (Eustachian tube).
- Sesame Oil
How to Use:
- Slightly heat two tablespoons of sesame oil by adding a few garlic slices on a little flame.
- Put three to four drops into your ear canal when it lukewarm.
- Do this remedy daily twice for five days to in check ear pain and also reduce infection.
3. Herbal Extracts For Ear Pain
Herbal extracts can be effectively treated a middle ear infection (AOM) that caused by virus or bacteria. You can purchase them in medical stores or online, and it’s better to consult your before using it for the middle ear infection.
Alternatively, you can use holy basil extract with the addition of olive or sesame oil, the presence of antimicrobial properties in it may kill the bacteria behind the area of the eardrum and also reduce inflammation quickly.
- Holy Basil Extract
- Olive Oil or Sesame Oil
How to Use:
- Add a half tablespoon of holy basil extract to a tablespoon of olive oil or lavender oil and heat them until getting lukewarm.
- Step 4 to 5 drops into your ears with the help of eye dropper.
- Do this remedy daily twice to see improvement.
4. Hydrogen Peroxide
Hydrogen peroxide can remove earwax blockage that may cause ear pain in some cases. Drip 4 to 5 drops of hydrogen peroxide into the affected ear at morning and evening times for two days to remove the wax blockage in the ear canal.
Note: Do not use more than three days, if that didn’t show any positive results. Please consult your doctor they give you better treatment.
5. Moringa Bark
Moringa bark enriched with liberal medicinal values which may effectively reduce an earache naturally and provide quick relief, however, there is no scientific evidence on how it works in treating ear pain. You need to add them to mustard oil while putting into your ears. Mustard oil has soothing effects along with anti-inflammatory properties which can provide instant relief.
- Morning Bark
- Mustard Oil
How to use:
- Add some Morning barks in a cup of mustard oil and heat them at constant temperature until getting a uniform mixture.
- After this, filter the mixture into a cup
- Put 5 to 6 drops into your ear when it is lukewarm.
- Do this earache home remedy at morning and before bedtimes for three days to observe results.
Note: You need to heat that mixture slightly while putting into your ears.
6. Clove Oil Is Best Earache Home Remedy
Clove oil can fight against bacteria in the ear, the presence of anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties in it effectively works in treating earache. Moreover, this can be healed inflammation of the ear. You can purchase clove oil in grocery stores.
- Slightly heat a tablespoon of clove oil and put into your ear canal at morning and before bedtime.
7. Eat More Garlic To Reduce pain
Antibacterial, antifungal along with anti-inflammatory properties are abundant in garlic which may help you to cure infections by fighting against bacteria or fungus that causes an ear infection.
Alternatively, you can use garlic juice to treat ear pain with the addition of sesame oil. It’s antimicrobial properties help relieve pain quickly.
8. Compressor To Get Ear Pain Relief
This types of remedies can provide instant relief to you. Place the warm or cold compressor over the affected ear or place two compressors between 10 minutes gap to know in which is more useful for you.
9. Massage Can Provide Relief From Pain
Massage your neck behind the ear in a circular motion, as well as massage your jaw in an upward motion that will provide enough pressure to relieve pain.
10. Sleeping Positions To Relieve Ear pain
Sleeping position can help you to relieve pain, lie down your ear and place on a pillow that helps to drain fluid from the ear to relieve pain. Also, sticking of the affected ear with a pillow can provide a little pressure to the muscles that help you to get relief from an earache.
When Do You Need To Visit A Doctor?
If you use earache home remedy that above mentioned, visit a doctor.
If you are suffering from intense pain and fluid oozing out from your ears call your doctor.
Precautions To Avoid Earache
- Do not put cotton swabs while irritating your ears.
- It is not recommended to use antibiotics without a prescription.
- Do not put cold water or oil into ear canal that can trigger intense pain, causes secretion of fluid along with bad odor.
- If your ears suddenly lose hearing, consult your doctor immediately.
- Chew some gums that help to balance the pressure in the muscles to relieve pain.