This post was most recently updated on July 11th, 2018
It is a common mental disorder which is caused due to the unbalancing of neurotransmitters like serotonin, dopamine, epinephrine, and norepinephrine in the brain. Over 350 millions of people are suffering from major depression around the globe. It may cause due to physical or biological factors which can lead to several health disorders.
It can be cured with some antidepressant therapies and through some positive habits. Let’s check out how to deal with depression naturally.
- 1 You Should Know Causes Of Depression
- 2 Effects And Symptoms Of Depression
- 2.1 Natural Ways To Deal With Depression
- 2.2 1. Physical Exercise
- 2.3 2. Sound Sleep
- 2.4 3. Meditation
- 2.5 4. Listening Music
- 2.6 5. Avoid Alcohol And Drugs
- 2.7 6. Foods To Be Consumed To Treat Depression
- 2.8 7. Make Strong Relationships And Friends
- 2.9 8. Avoid Negative Thoughts
- 2.10 9. Play With Kids
- 2.11 10. Spend Your Time With Nature
- 2.12 11. Skip Social Media
You Should Know Causes Of Depression
It is a psychological or biological disorder occurs due to several factors like
- Loss of loved ones
- Lack of sleep
- Personal and financial conditions
- Poor diet
- High tension and work Stress
- Menopause and pregnancy
- Mental and sexual harassment
- Over medications
- Alcohol and drugs
Effects And Symptoms Of Depression
- Loss of interest to work
- Bipolar disorder
- Heart attacks
- Violent behavior
- Leads to suicide
- Weight changes
Natural Ways To Deal With Depression
1. Physical Exercise
Exercise is a great way to reduce this disorder which alters the mood-regulating hormones in the brain. Workouts improve the brain chemicals like serotonin and endorphins which helps to reduce severe depression. It enhances your nervous system and increases blood circulation to the brain.
- Practice physical workouts like cycling, cardio exercises, aerobics, running like activities to beat depression.
- 20 minutes walk for 3 days in a week works better to beat depression effectively.
2. Sound Sleep
Lack of sleep for many consecutive nights leads to depression and also horribly affects mental health. Make sure to have a sound sleep of 7-8 hours a day to lead a healthy life and always follow regular sleep time to avoid it. Enough sleep improves the production of brain chemicals and relieves stress and sadness.
Meditation is a most significant way to avoid substantial depression. It diverts the mind from negative thoughts and helps to focus on positive things. It is quite helpful to reduce tension and mental stress. Practicing yoga on a regular basis can also be a better cure for depression.
4. Listening Music
Music therapy is also a great way to treat major depression. Music can heal several types of mental tensions and provide peace of mind. Listening to your favorite music can help to lift up your mood and improves positivity and offers extreme relaxation to your brain.
- Always prefer peaceful music and avoid sad songs which may increase depression and stress.
- Dancing can also reduce stress and anxiety and provides relaxation to your mind and body.
5. Avoid Alcohol And Drugs
Intaking of harmful drugs and excessive alcohol leads to severe depression and health disorders. It depletes serotonin and dopamine neurotransmitters and leads to mental stress.
6. Foods To Be Consumed To Treat Depression
A healthy diet which is rich in omega-3 fatty acids can help to cure depression by balancing the production neurotransmitters. The following foods are very beneficial which can lift up your mood.
|Foods To Fight Against Depression||Mineral Content|
|Salmon and tuna fish||Omega 3 fatty acids, vitamin D, B, selenium, proteins|
|Avocados||Potassium and omega-3 fatty acids, tryptophan|
|Blue and straw berries||B complex vitamins, anti oxidants and anti depressant|
|Dark chocolates||Carbohydrates, Anti depressant, and flavonoids|
|Cabbage and broccoli||Vitamin k, C omega 3 fatty acids, magnesium, and Folate|
|Spinach and leafy vegetables||Folic acid, magnesium and zinc|
|Sprouted nuts and seeds||Proteins, fibers, zinc, magnesium, and calcium|
|Green tea||Amino acids like theanine and antioxidants|
|Eggs and almonds||Magnesium, selenium, zinc, and improves serotonin production|
7. Make Strong Relationships And Friends
Having a good community and chit chat with friends on a regular basis can help to fight against depression. Try to share your feelings and thoughts with your loved ones who will provide extreme support and care onwards you. An affectionate hug can relieve your stress. Spend time with loved ones can set you free from all your negative thoughts.
- Avoid the people who insult you or make you feel sad to avoid depression. Spend your time with your best friend or life partner for profound relief.
8. Avoid Negative Thoughts
Negative thoughts can impact your mental health and also leads to severe consequences like suicides and murders. Remember your lovely memories which can lift up your mood and increases positive energy in you. Escape from the people who discuss negative topics.
- Avoid watching crime and horror movies which can create negative thoughts in your mind.
- Practice slow breathing yoga to avoid negative thoughts and feelings. It diverts your mind from evil and negative thoughts and provides you peace of mind.
- Playing games or cooking or some other works can also redirect your mind from evil thoughts and relieves stress.
9. Play With Kids
The smile of little kids can reduce mental stress and minimize your bad mood. The positive vibrations present in children can tune your mind and help to deal with major depression. Try to play with kids for a while to overcome depression and stress.
- You can also reduce it by spending time with your loved pets like dogs and kittens.
10. Spend Your Time With Nature
Natural air contains oxygen with positive energies which can prevent anxiety and stress. A daily walk in a garden or park can provide you with deep relaxation to you. Walking on green grass can decrease the stress and anxiety levels in the body. 30 minutes walk on a regular basis can effectively treat depression.
- Try to visit holy places which can provide you peace and spiritual happiness by increasing your positive energy.
11. Skip Social Media
Social media became a part of human lives which affecting badly on mental health. People started comparing themselves with others for the things they can’t afford and being poorly depressed. Avoid social media to beat depression and try to mingle with your family and friends for fun and happiness.