This post was most recently updated on August 12th, 2018
Dates are one of the delicious fruits with delightful flavor which are very beneficial for our health. They are the rich source of natural sugars and several essential proteins which are needed by the body. Intaking of it boost up your energy instantly and improves your immune system as they contain powerful antioxidants. Let’s check out the outstanding dates benefits for skin, hair and overall health.
- 1 Nutritional Content Of Dates
- 2 Health Benefits Of Dates
- 2.1 1. Amazing Dates Benefits For Skin
- 2.2 2. Best Dates Benefits For Hair Growth
- 2.3 3. Boost Digestive System
- 2.4 4. Dates Benefits For Healthy Heart
- 2.5 5. Increase Blood Levels
- 2.6 6. Provides Instant Energy
- 2.7 7. Dates For Weight Gain
- 2.8 8. Improves The Functioning Of Brain
- 2.9 9. Enhances Bone Health
- 2.10 10. Benefits Of Dates For Eyes
- 2.11 11. Promotes Sexual Health
- 2.12 12. Boosts Nervous System
- 2.13 13. Treats Anemia
- 2.14 14. Helps To Prevent a Cough
- 2.15 15. Reduces Inflammation
- 2.16 16. Benefits Of Dates For Secure Delivery
- 2.17 17. Prevents Alcoholic Intoxication
- 2.18 18. Reduces Allergies
Nutritional Content Of Dates
- Natural sugars ( glucose, sucrose, fructose )
- Vitamins ( A, B, C, K, folate, riboflavin, thiamine, carotene, niacin )
- Minerals (potassium, copper, manganese, magnesium, calcium, selenium)
- Dietary Fibres
- Antioxidants ( lutein and zeaxanthin )
Health Benefits Of Dates
The abundant source of nutrients in it contributes instant energy to the body. They are regarded as the power food with many health gains. The following are the proven health benefits of dates.
1. Amazing Dates Benefits For Skin
Regular intake of dried dates helps to gain miraculous benefits for the skin. They contain generous amounts of essential vitamins, calcium, and anti-aging properties which promote healthy skin. It is useful in preventing wrinkles, acne and enhance the elasticity of your skin. They provide hydrated skin by locking the moisture in the skin cells.
Vitamin-c is a part of dates which is an essential vitamin needed for the skin. It is used to remove the dead skin cells from the skin and improves the skin elastin and collagen that helps remove dark circles. The following are other benefits of dates for the skin.
- It prevents premature aging due to its beneficial vitamin-c.
- Improves skin elasticity
- Prevents free radicals and fine lines
- Consume 5-6 soaked dates with a glass of milk on every morning to gain all the skin benefits of dates.
2. Best Dates Benefits For Hair Growth
The presence of potent antioxidants and vitamins in it help to get rid of dandruff on the scalp; their vitamins nourish the hair and improve the hair grow faster and healthier. They supply the sufficient nutrients to the hair follicles and promote healthy hair strands. They are a rich source of iron which is needed for hair growth.
- Prevents hair fall
- Strengthen hair follicles
- Prevents premature graying of hair
- Consume 3-4 dates to gain all the hair benefits of dates. You can also massage your hair with date oil for healthy hair growth.
3. Boost Digestive System
The high presence of fibers in it cleanses the alimentary tract and improves the efficiency of the colon. They promote the good bacteria in the digestive tract and improve digestion. Try to consume 5-6 dates in a day to gain all the health benefits of dates.
- The laxative effects of it are incredibly beneficial to relieve constipation and other intestinal disorders. The other benefits of dates are
- Treats diarrhea and intestinal infections
- Removes the toxins from the body
- Prevents Colon Cancer
4. Dates Benefits For Healthy Heart
It enriched with the significant source of vitamins, proteins, fibers, magnesium, and iron which are helpful to improve cardiovascular health. Iron treats anemia and fibers reduces the LDL cholesterol in the blood. The high level of potassium in them helps to reduce the plaque in the arteries and prevents the heart attacks.
The addition of it to your daily diet helps to reduce heart diseases and prevents heart strokes.
5. Increase Blood Levels
It increases the blood flow in the body due to its high iron content. A 100grams of dates contains 1 gram of iron. It plays a significant role in blood circulation which helps to carry proteins and oxygen in the blood cells. Consumption of 5 dates per day serves the decent amount of iron to the body and helps you to acquire all the health benefits of dates.
6. Provides Instant Energy
The presence of sucrose, fructose, and glucose which are termed as natural sugars in it offers instant energy. Their dietary fibers keep you active all the day by boosting your power. The body easily digests them and provide quick strength to the body. You can add 3 to 5 almond nuts for better results.
- Consume a handful of date’s every day at your breakfast to boost your energy levels.
- Regular intake of dates helps you to obtain several health benefits of dates.
7. Dates For Weight Gain
Skinny people can naturally put on weight by consuming dates on a daily basis. The high content of proteins with essential vitamins improves your metabolism of the body and immune system. Regular consumption of it helps you to maintain a healthy weight and prevents over thinning of the body.
How To Consume:
- Grind 5-7 dates by removing the seeds inside them into a paste by adding a glass of milk.
- Consume it on a regular basis to gain weight naturally and to avail all the incredible health benefits of dates.
8. Improves The Functioning Of Brain
The abundant source of vitamin B6 and phosphorous in it improves the functioning of the brain. It refreshes your mind and helps to think more sharply. Regular intake of it can upgrade the memory power and sharpens the mind.
- Consume 4-5 dates with your breakfast to gain countless health benefits of dates.
9. Enhances Bone Health
It is packed with a host of multi essential vitamins which are needed for bone growth. Their beneficial minerals like manganese, magnesium, iron, potassium, calcium boost up the bone growth and help to treat the bone diseases like osteoporosis.
10. Benefits Of Dates For Eyes
Lutein a natural oxidant present in dates is very beneficial for eyes. Zeaxanthin in it boost up the vision and supports eye health. It can avoid night blindness due to its vitamin-A. They protect the eyes from cataracts and preserves eyesight.
- Improves vision
- Treats night blindness
11. Promotes Sexual Health
The presence of estradiol and flavonoids in it improves sexual health and treats all sexual disorders. It is considered as an aphrodisiac which helps to improve the sexual stamina, sperm count, motility and also the size and weight of testes for men.
- Soak 6-7 dried dates in water for overnight and eat them by removing the water. Follow this for a month to grasp all the fantastic sexual benefits of dates.
- Consuming the dried dates which are soaked in goat’s milk for overnight can reduce sterility and increases sexual endurance. You can also add honey and cardamom powder to it which is an ancient remedy to increase sexual power.
12. Boosts Nervous System
The nervous system is responsible for the controlling of essential aspects of body functions to stay healthy. Being rich in vitamin B and potassium strengthens the central nervous system and speeds up the brain activities. They also improve sleep.
13. Treats Anemia
Anemia is an illness caused due to the low content of hemoglobin in the blood. Iron which is a significant component of dates helps to improve the level of red blood cells and can practically treat anemia. Regular intake of dried dates increases the level of hemoglobin and reduces fatigue.
14. Helps To Prevent a Cough
The combination of honey and dates helps to stop a cough. Add the pulp of three dates to two tablespoons of honey and consume them before breakfast and before going to bed. It helps to fight against a cough and relieves you from a sore throat.
15. Reduces Inflammation
Magnesium which is a natural inflammatory agent in it helps to reduce the inflammation. Its antimicrobial action can help to treat Alzheimer and arthritis diseases. Regular intake of it can combat all the skin problems and relieves swelling and pain.
16. Benefits Of Dates For Secure Delivery
It has proven by some scientists that regular in taking of it by pregnant women in the one month of pregnancy can have free delivery and labor. They also help to increase the milk in the mother’s breast after the birth.
- Soothes the pain
- Improves production of milk
Reduces bleeding before the due date of delivery
17. Prevents Alcoholic Intoxication
It is beneficial to relieve hang over’s due to the intake of excess alcohol. Its sobering effect provides instant relief and sets you free.
- Intaking of soaked dates helps to prevent intoxication and hang over’s.
18. Reduces Allergies
Being rich in sulfur content dates can relieve allergic reactions and symptoms. It acts as a cleanser of the body which is helpful in flushing out the harmful toxins from our body in a practical way.
It is better to intake 5-6 dates a day to avail all the beautiful benefits of dates.