Bloating stomach that we know as intestinal bowel syndrome (IBS), it makes us feel tight, uncomfortable, in some cases, it may trigger stomach pain. This condition depends on several causes; however, excessive gas or air filled with the gastrointestinal tract is prime causes for this issue. Regardless of age group anyone can experience bloating stomach. Before getting into the topic, you should know the symptoms, causes of bloating stomach that will help you how to use bloating stomach remedies.
Causes of Bloating Stomach
Gas and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) causes to bloating stomach, however, in rare cases, health-related underlying cause stomach cancer and ulcers can be created to bloating stomach.
Indigestible foods make intestine thinner that can’t be passed out broken food which causes gas production in the intestine (It called intestinal inertia in medical terminology). Also, changes in weather, unhealthy diets such as spicy foods may be responsible for bloating stomach.
External or internal infection of bowel may cause for this issue. While sometimes people drink carbonated drinks to digest foods which may provide instant relief by relieving a small amount of air from the stomach, but gas in that drink makes you more uncomfortable even more bloating.
Moreover, air absorption may also cause to the bloating stomach. Air goes into the stomach while chewing gums, drinking water faster. As well as, consumption of spicy foods, excessive usage of antibiotics, and sugar content in the diet, dehydration mental stress, and anxiety may lead to bloating stomach.
Symptoms of Bloating Stomach
Symptoms may include:
- Stomach feels tight
- Noisily release air from the mouth
- Sounds in the stomach
Best Bloating Stomach Remedies
You can reduce bloating stomach by using some simple home remedies which might have your kitchen. The vital source of medicinal values in those ingredients provides relief from the gas. Let’s how to use home remedies for bloating stomach.
1. Cumin Minimizes Bloating Stomach
Cumin ease gas to relive from the stomach and the presence of antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties reduce inflammation of bowel that caused by infections. Addition of cumin in recipes or consumption of it directly helps to improve digestion and enhance the immune system.
- 100 grams of cumin
- A little amount of sugar
How to Prepare:
- Fry 50 grams of cumin on a frying pan and store them in a bottle or cup.
- Add another 50 grams of j raw cumin powder to fried cumin.
- You can combine it with milk, or you can consume it directly.
2. Ginger and Salt For Bloating Stomach Pain
Ginger is a fantastic home remedy for bloating stomach, it increases your digestion and prevents vomiting, bilious due to its medicinal properties. The primary component in it named gingerol is acting as anti-inflammatory and antioxidant that heals bowel inflammation and improves immune power. Addition of salt with ginger can make your digestion speed and in check bad bacteria growth in the stomach, which causes bloating stomach in some cases.
3. Probiotics To Reduce Bloating Stomach
In some rare cases, bad bacterial overgrowth may cause to bloating stomach and bowel inflammation that leads to further complications, if left untreated. Add probiotics such as yogurt to your diet that has acidophilus lactobacillus live bacteria, is balances the bacterial percentage and helps to relieve gas.
4. Heating Pad To Reduce Bloating
Heating pads can offer instant relief from bloating stomach. Keep lukewarm heat pad on the bloated stomach and give little pressure for 5 minutes, which relaxes the muscles in the stomach.
5. Chamomile For Bloating Stomach Pain
Intestinal worms, bowel inflammation, may cause to bloating stomach, in such cases, you can get relief with chamomile. It is a natural antioxidant and enriched with essential medicinal properties which heal diseases internally and externally. According to NCB (National Center for Biotechnology), it has abilities to reduce gastrointestinal problems and improves digestion.
How to Prepare:
- Dry some chamomile flowers and dry them by adding water.
- Crush dried flower petals and add appropriate sugar to make the uniform mixture, store them in a bottle.
- Consume half tablespoons of the mixture before the meal.
- You can use this remedy when you have the bloating stomach.
6. Coriander and Jaggery
Coriander has anti-inflammatory, antifungal properties along with high content of healing abilities. The combination of jaggery and coriander promotes healthy digestion, relieves gas and improves bowel movement. Moreover, coriander helps to trigger insulin, is beneficial for diabetes patients.
How to Prepare:
- Add 50 grams of coriander to appropriate jaggery and mix them well.
- Consume it daily two times before meal or after a meal when you are troubling with bloating stomach.
7. Carom Seeds
It has long been used to treat indigestion associated with pain. These seeds offer super taste and aroma to your recipes and promote healthy digestion, the presence of medicinal properties in carom seeds (Ajwain) can reduce intestine inflammation that caused by infections by acting as antibacterial agent. You consume it directly or can add jaggery to it. Consume half tablespoons of carom seeds morning and evening time to reduce bloating stomach.
8. Haritaki, Ginger and Lohabhasmam
Indian Ayurveda doctors said that these ingredients effectively heals the irritable bowel syndrome. Haritaki is a fruit produced by Terminalia Chebula tree, is king of medicine in Ayurveda. It enriched with antibacterial, anti-inflammatory properties along with healing abilities. A well as ginger powder and Lohabhasmam also has the same abilities which offer healthy digestion and reduce inflammation of the bowel, bloating stomach and burning.
- Ginger powder (Called Sonti Podi in The Telugu Language)
How To Prepare and Use:
- Grind the three ingredients equally and store them in a bottle.
- Add a tablespoon of honey to it and consume daily twice evening and morning.
9. Green Castor Oil
Green castor oil is a natural product, which enriched beneficial medicinal values. Some types of medicinal plants extracts will be added with it to acquire all the benefits of herbs and castor oil. It can reduce bloating stomach by relieving constipation and also, reduce intestinal inflammation. Moreover, topical use of this can eliminate plenty of gut-related complications due to the anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial abilities.
- Green Castor oil
- Fruit Salad
How to use:
- Add a tablespoon of green castor oil to fruit salad and consume it at morning and evening times.
10. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera juice may reduce bloating stomach. Antioxidants, anti-inflammatory properties along with soothing effects are abundant it. According to anecdotal reports, consumption of a tablespoon of Aloe Vera juiced relieved constipation and reduced bloating.
- Consume a tablespoon of aloe vera juice with an empty stomach.
- You can purchase aloe vera juice in medical stores or online.
11. Papaya for Bloated Stomach
The presence of enzymes, shooting properties along with antimicrobial properties in papaya can help reduce bloating stomach, reliever constipation. Consume a half papaya slices after a meal to get quick relief from bloating stomach.
12. Massage Reduces Bloating Stomach
Massage can offer instant relief from bloating pain, which relaxes muscles that help relieve gas from the intestinal. Take a tablespoon of lukewarm castor oil or olive into your palms and massage it in upward and downward motions.
13. Yoga Practice
Yoga is the best treatment for gut related problems. It cures plenty of health-related issues and provides incredible health improvement. Specifically, some Asanas (Yoga Steps) designed to reduce gas and clean stomach, however, you should not try yoga yourself, consult your yoga teacher and say that your problem. They will give some instructions. Moreover, Meditation in yoga keeps your mind relax from anxiety that causes a bloated stomach in some cases.
Precautions to Avoid Bloated Stomach
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day.
- Do not add cabbage, beans to your diet which can be induced gas.
- Avoid junk foods and spicy foods.
- Add yogurt and butter to your daily diet that balances the bacterial growth in the digestive tract.
- Stop chewing gums and avoid drinking water while eating foods.
- Add home ingredients to your recipes such as ginger, pepper, curry leaves, ajwain which offer healthy digestion and enhance the immune system.
- Avoid smoking and drinking alcohol while you’re suffering from bloating stomach.