This post was most recently updated on August 27th, 2018
Summer is one of the seasons in which people get dehydrated due to exhausting heat and harsh sunlight. It is essential to stay cold and hydrated to avoid sun strokes and other health ailments by intaking body coolants. There are some powerful seasonal fruits which are available in summer with high water percentage and other active enzymes to keep you hydrated. Let’s check out the top natural coolants of the body to reduce the body heat in the body.
- 1 1. Watermelon Is Best Summer Food
- 2 2. Coconut Water
- 3 3. Cucumber
- 4 4. Basil Seeds
- 5 5. Barley Water
- 6 6. Orange To Keep Your Body Healthier
- 7 7. Lemon Water
- 8 8.Buttermilk
- 9 9. Bananas For Instant Energy
- 10 10. Apple An Excellent Summer Food
- 11 11. Pineapple
- 12 12. Papaya
- 13 Simple Steps To Stay Super Cool With Hydrated Body
1. Watermelon Is Best Summer Food
Watermelon is one of the best edible summer fruit which is associated with essential nutrients and electrolytes. It is stacked with 92 % water along with vitamins, and amino acids. Its high water content helps you to stay cold and hydrated by reducing the heat in the body. You can consume 3-4 pieces of watermelon to remain cool in summer.
- Consume a glass of fresh watermelon juice on a regular basis to stay hydrated during exhausting summers.
- You can also consume muskmelon or water lemon for deep cooling and refreshing action in summers.
2. Coconut Water
Being rich in potassium coconut water acts as a super coolant of the body which can reduce over heat by replenishing body fluids. It can be a perfect choice to revitalize the dehydrated body due to its high content of electrolytes. The presence of natural sugars, amino acids and phytonutrients in it helps to restore the loosed energy and refreshes the body.
- Consumption of fresh tender coconut water once a day heals dehydration and reduces body heat.
- Regular consumption of coconut water can help you to get the healthy glowing skin. You can use coconut water to clear blemishes and scars on the surface.
Cucumber can be a refreshing agent and best coolant of the body due to its high content of water and essential electrolyte like potassium. It is less in calories and high in nutritional substances which helps the body to reduce the heat and provides the profound cooling effect.
- Consumption of fresh cucumber slices can help you to stay cold and hydrated by lowering exhausting temperature in the body.
- You can also consume fresh cucumber juice to guard your body against dehydration and heat strokes.
- You can place a few cucumber slices on your face to reduce the sun burns and for deep cooling and soothing effect.
4. Basil Seeds
These little seeds are highly associated with flavonoids and phytochemicals along with potassium and magnesium content. It acts as an excellent coolant of the body and widely used in different, refreshing drinks like Saloodas and sherbets. You can prepare a summer drink by adding a teaspoon of soaked sabja seeds to lemon water for the rehydrated body. The detoxifying properties of these seeds help to flush out the harmful toxins from the body through deep cleansing action.
- Soak a tablespoon of sabja seeds in a glass of warm water for few minutes to let them swell.
- Consume the soaked seeds along with water once a day for deep refreshing and cooling action in the summer season.
- You can also consume the seeds by adding them to any fruit juices or drinks to heal dehydration.
5. Barley Water
Barley water is considered as a traditional beverage to consume in summer to beat the exhausting heat. It provides all the essential nutrients and enzymes to the body and improves bowel functions when it is consumed on a regular basis. The presence of potassium, selenium, magnesium, phosphorous in barley grains improve metabolism and also helps you stay cool and refresh in the hot summer season. Its diuretic properties treat urinary tract infections and also reduce burning sensation in the stomach.
- Add a cup of pearl barley grains to 6 cups of water and let them boil together for 20- 30 minutes until the grains become soft.
- Strain the barley infused water using a strainer. Consume the warm water to beat the burning heat in the summer season. Regular consumption of this drink will help you to stay cold and hydrated.
- You can also consume the barley water by adding lemon juice and honey for deliciousness and refreshing action.
6. Orange To Keep Your Body Healthier
Orange is one of the best summer fruit and best coolant of the body. Being rich in Vitamin-c it will help you to maintain hydrated and healthy glowing skin. It provides an approximate value of 80 percent calories without fats. Its high-level nutrients will develop your immunity and promote goodness to the respiratory system. It keeps your body cool and controls appetite if you consume two to three oranges per day which can also reduce dehydration of your body.
- Consume a glass of fresh orange juice twice or once a day to revitalize the body and to prevent sun strokes by beating up soaring temperatures.
7. Lemon Water
Lemon water is the most popular refreshing summer beverage which is highly associated with vitamin-C and potent anti-oxidants. The presence of potassium, calcium, phosphorous and magnesium in lemon helps to maintain the body PH level and restores the loosed energy. Its deep refreshing action provides calmness and a profound cooling effect on the body and also improves bowel movements enhances the immune system.
- Consumption of fresh lemon water with honey or sugar keeps you hydrated and provides deep cooling action. Adding soaked basil seeds to it makes a perfectly refreshing summer drink to reduce the body heat.
The presence of probiotic bacteria along with potassium, sodium, magnesium in yogurt helps to improve the immune system. It is an excellent summer drink which can reduce the body heat by proving a decent cooling effect on the body. Consumption of buttermilk on a daily basis served several health benefits and considered as the best cooling beverage to beat the excess heat in the body.
- Consume a glass of buttermilk on a regular basis to knock down the heat in the body during exhausting summer temperatures.
- Intaking curd rice can also provide you cooling effect by reducing the burning sensation in the stomach.
9. Bananas For Instant Energy
Bananas can be an excellent source of energy which can replenish the body by restoring loosed vitamins and electrolytes. It is associated with high levels of potassium, manganese, vitamin-B, and C with essential minerals which serve various health benefits. Intaking of bananas on a regular basis can help to decrease the body heat and also regulates mood swings by enhancing the production of dopamine.
- Consume 2-3 fresh ripe bananas on a regular basis to beat the soaring temperatures in summer. You can also consume fresh banana juice for instant energy and rehydration of body.
10. Apple An Excellent Summer Food
Apples are one of the best cooling fruit to consume during the summer season. The active fibers in apples keep your skin healthy by hydrating it. Its abundant source of nutritional properties and pectin fiber will produce enough energy for your body. Consume 1 or 2 apples on a regular basis to gain several health benefits.
- Consumption apple juice can rehydrate your body and helps you to beat the excess heat. Fruits like peach and pineapples can also provide a cooling effect on the body when they consumed in summer.
Pineapple is the best summer food as it is loaded with bromelain enzyme which is useful in digestion. It is associated with the essential source of nutrients and reduces body heat instantly. Pineapple has many medicinal properties and provides goodness to health. Addition of this beneficial fruit to your regular diet can help to protect the body from heating sun and prevents sunstrokes.
- Consume a glass of fresh pineapple juice to stay cold and hydrated and to beat extreme heats.
Papaya is recommended as a delicious summer fruit due to its high content of active enzymes called papain and chymopapain which refreshes the body. The presence of vitamin-C, magnesium, potassium in papaya helps to replenish the body fluids, vitamins and hydrates the body.
- Consumption of fresh ripe papaya pieces on a regular basis can protect your skin from extreme heat effect of sun and soothes the body with its cooling action.
Simple Steps To Stay Super Cool With Hydrated Body
- The following ideas can protect you from sun strokes and helps you to beat burning summers. Let’s have a look at them.
- Consume 5-6 liters of water in a day to prevent dehydration of the body. You can also consume fresh fruit juices or soft drinks to hydrate your body.
- Avoid hot drinks, nuts, and non-vegetarian foods to protect your body from overheat and digestive problems in summer.
- Addition of raw onions to your salads can keep your body away from heat due to its cooling effect.
- Intake fresh fruits and leafy vegetables and cold refreshing beverages to stay healthy and hydrated.
- Don’t step out into the sunlight immediately after washing your face which may lead to sunstroke.
- Always opt for white and light dresses instead of black and full dresses to avoid the absorption of overheat.
- You can place your wrist under a running tap for 3-4 minutes to cool down the body by reducing the heat effect.