Olive oil (Olea europaea) is an advantageous ingredient which is extracted from olive fruits by the cold pressing method. This oil is very well known all over the world due to its versatility. It is referred as liquid gold and used as cooking oil for numerous health benefits, and it also works great for beauty and hair. Let ‘s see the benefits of olive oil.
Benefits Of Olive Oil For Skin
It is entirely loaded with high amount of vitamin E, and polyphenols with phytosterols act as antioxidants and very beneficial to skin. The anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties of this oil soothe inflamed skin and reduce acne and pimples. The following are various benefits of olive oil for skin.
1. Elimination Of Dark Circles
The presence of vitamin E in olive oil improves skin complexion and reduces the appearance of dark circles under the eyes. Regular massage of this useful healing oil removes the darkness under the eyes and boosts the collagen.
- Mix a tablespoon of olive oil with one teaspoon of aloe vera gel and massage it under your eyes slowly for few minutes.
- Leave it overnight and rinse off with normal water on next day.
- You can also apply olive oil by adding few drops of almond oil.
2. Prevent Free Radicals
The presence of hydroxytyrosol an important compound in olive oil prevents free radicals which are responsible for premature aging. It enhances the skin and reduces wrinkles and fine lines on the skin by improving the elasticity of the skin. The regular application of this oil smooth’s out fine lines and wrinkles on the skin.
- Add one tablespoon of olive oil to a half teaspoon of turmeric powder and 1tablespoon of yogurt in a clean bowl.
- Combine them well together to get a uniform paste. Spread it over your skin and massage it for 2-3 minutes in a circular motion.
- Wash it off with clean water after 30 minutes.
3. Prevention Of Pimples
The anti-inflammatory properties of olive oil prevent inflammation of the skin and reduce the bacteria causing pimples by killing them. It opens up the clogged pores and removes all the dirt and dust from the skin. The application of this oil shrinks up the pimples and help to get rid of acne and dark marks.
- Mix one tablespoon of olive oil with a pinch of turmeric powder and one teaspoon of fresh lemon juice.
- Slather it on your face and massage it for few minutes. Wash it off with a mild cleanser after half an hour.
- Repeat the remedy trice in a week to gain all the benefits of olive oil.
4. Dead Skin Remover
It is one of the best benefits of olive oil for the skin to remove dead skin cells. The antimicrobial properties of this oil reduce the fungi on the skin and exfoliate all the dry and dead cells from the skin.
- Mix one tablespoon of olive oil with one teaspoon of sugar and rub it over your face gently like a scrubber.
- Leave it for 20 minutes and rinse off with normal water.
- It removes all the dirt from clogged pores and acts as a deep moisturizer of skin.
5. Moisturizer For Dry Skin
This oil acts as a deep moisturizer for skin by nourishing it internally with its essential nutrients. It moisturizes the skin deeply due to its deep penetration and emollient properties.
- Mix one tablespoon of olive oil with a teaspoon of sandalwood powder into a fine paste.
- Slather it on your clear skin and gently massage it for 3-4 minutes in a circular motion.
- Leave it on for half an hour and rinse off with fresh water.
- Repeat the remedy 3times in a week for moisturized skin and to avail all benefits of olive oil for skin. You can also mix it with coconut oil for glowing skin.
6. Improves Skin Complexion
The presence of polyphenols and vitamin E in olive oil improves skin complexion and boosts collagen. It brightens and lightens the skin when it is regularly applied to the skin.
- Mix one tablespoon of olive oil with a teaspoon of coconut oil and massage it over your skin by rubbing it with your fingers.
- Leave it overnight to wake up with fresh, glowing skin. Use this remedy for few days to avail countless benefits of olive oil for skin.
7. For Pink Lips
The regular massage of olive oil on lips removes the dead skin cells and moisturizes them by sealing moisture on lips. It reduces the blackness and offers a natural pink glow for chapped and dry back lips.
- Massage your black or chapped lips with olive oil and leave it overnight. Continue this remedy for few days for moisturized lips.
8. Softens The Cuticles
Healthy cuticles are responsible for strong and long nails. The application of olive oil on cuticles softens them and provides healthy nail growth.
- Dip a cotton ball in olive oil and dab it over your cuticles regularly for strong nails.
- You can also dip your nails in olive oil for few minutes for smooth and strong nails.
9. Olive Oil Benefits For Hair Growth
The rejuvenating properties of this oil help to repair the damaged hair follicles and promote healthy hair growth by nourishing it with its vital nutrients. The following are best benefits of olive oil for hair growth.
10. Prevent Scalp Disorders
The emollient properties, antifungal, and antimicrobial properties reduce bacteria and fungi on the scalp and reduce several scalp disorders by moisturizing it. It acts as a natural conditioner for hair by penetrating deeply into hair shafts. The warm oil massage improves blood circulation and offers you amazing benefits of olive oil for hair growth.
- Mix two tablespoons of olive oil with one tablespoon of castor oil and heat it for 5-6 minutes.
- Let it become warm and apply it all over your hair and massage your scalp with for few minutes.
Cover your hair with the warm towel and let it for 1-2 hours and then rinse off with cold water by a mild shampoo to gain all the olive oil benefits.
11. Hair Moisturizer
The deep conditioning properties of olive oil penetrate deeply into the hair shafts and moisturize the hair by locking the moisture in hair strands.
- Mix one tablespoon of olive oil with one egg yolk and 1tablespoon of almond oil to form a uniform mixture.
- Apply it all over your hair including scalp and cover the entire hair with a shower cap for at least 2 hours.
- Wash it off with cold water by a mild shampoo for deep conditioning of hair and to acquire all the benefits of olive oil for hair.
12. Encourage Hair Growth
The rapid penetration of olive oil penetrates deeply into the shaft and strengthens it internally. You can combine it with essential oils to acquire the healing benefits of olive oil for hair.
- Add two tablespoons of olive with one tablespoon of coconut oil and add few drops of lavender essential oil.
- Massage your scalp by covering all the hair shafts and let it for overnight and rinse off with fresh water.
13. Dry Scalp
Mix two tablespoons of olive oil with a tablespoon of fresh lemon juice and massage it over your dry scalp by dividing your hair into different sections for its deep moisturizing properties.
14. Health Benefits Of Olive Oil
The following are the best olive oil uses to maintain good health.
15. Loosens Ear Wax
It is one of the best olive oil benefits as it loosens the ear wax and helps to remove it easily. Pour 2-3 drops oil in your ear for 2days then remove the ear wax by cotton buds in an easy way without pain. It breaks the ear wax into small sections and provides an easy removal way.
16. Helps To Lose Weight
The presence of the generous amount of natural fatty acids in olive oil burns bad cholesterol in our body and turns them into useful cholesterol. The beneficial omega 3fatty acids like oleic acid and alpha-linolenic acid in this oil help for healthy weight loss by managing the overweight of the body.
- Add one tablespoon of olive and one tablespoon of fresh lemon juice in a glass of lukewarm water.
- Consume it daily for few weeks before breakfast to burn the excess fat in the body.
- It is an effective remedy for weight loss by increasing good cholesterol and improves digestive system in the body.
- Regular consumption of this juice helps to gain numerous health benefits of olive oil.
17. Prevents Heart Attacks And Diabetes
In taking olive oil clears the blocked arteries and improves the pumping of blood to the whole body. The presence of polyphenols in it reduces the cholesterol levels, and its antioxidants strengthen the immune system also prevents diabetes.
18. Some More Olive Oil Uses
- Consume a tablespoon of olive mixed with a tablespoon fresh lemon juice regularly to avail various health benefits of olive oil.
- You can also consume it by spreading it on salads and snacks.
- Use olive oil for fries to gain all the health benefits.
- The presences of Oleic acid monounsaturated fats in it are very beneficial to our overall health.