This post was most recently updated on June 29th, 2018
Almond oil is extracted from raw almonds. There are two types of oils which are named as bitter and sweet almond oils. Bitter almond oil is used for health due to its medicinal properties, and sweet almond oil is widely used for hair and skin care. The following are the countless benefits of almond oil.
It is fully loaded with generous amounts of polyunsaturated and omega fatty acids with essential vitamins like A, E, B. These are very beneficial for both skin and hair.
Let’s check out the extreme benefits of almond oil for skin and hair.
- 1 Almond Oil Benefits For Skin Complexion
- 2 1. Dark circles
- 3 2. Radian Glowing Skin
- 4 3. Dead Skin Exfoliator
- 5 4. Thick Eyelashes
- 6 5. Facial Cleanser For Acne
- 7 6. Delays The Aging Process
- 8 7. Black And White Heads
- 9 8. Suntan Remover
- 10 9. Prevent Dry Cracked Lips
- 11 10. Almond Oil Benefits For Hair Growth
- 12 11. Prevent Split Ends
- 13 12. Lustrous Hair
- 14 13. Relieves Dandruff
- 15 14. Enhances The Hair Strenght
Almond Oil Benefits For Skin Complexion
There are numerous benefits of almond oil for skin. It is nonsticky and very light which gets absorbed into the skin quickly. The high presence of vitamin E and A, zinc and other essential nutrients in it helps to remove dark spots, acne, and wrinkles. Its beneficial constituents reduce hyperpigmentation and signs of aging.
1. Dark circles
The presence of phytosterols and vitamin-E in it helps to reduce the darkness under the eyes. It improves the skin collagen that helps to lighten the skin complexion. There are innumerable benefits of almond oil for skin due to its deep moisturizing properties.
- Take few drops of almond oil and gently rub it on dark circles for few minutes in a circular motion.
- Leave it overnight and wash it off with a gentle cleanser. Repeat the remedy daily before going to sleep to get rid of dark circles permanently.
2. Radian Glowing Skin
The presence of vitamin-E in it acts as a natural antioxidant and improves the skin complexion. It keeps skin hydrated and helps to get the radiant glow when used as a regular night cream.
- Take some almond oil in your palms and rub it between your palms to make it warm.
- Apply it on your skin and massage for few minutes. Let it overnight and rinse it with clean water on next day.
3. Dead Skin Exfoliator
Almond oil helps to rejuvenate and repair the damaged skin by acting as an exfoliator of skin. It soothes and softens the skin by moisturizing it. The combination of sugar and this oil acts as an effective scrub which cleanses the entire skin deeply.
- Add a teaspoon of sugar to a tablespoon of almond oil and apply it as a face scrub.
- Massage it gently by scrubbing action using your fingertips for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Rinse it off after 20 minutes with clean water and pat your skin dry.
- Repeat the remedy twice in a week to obtain wondrous benefits of almond oil for skin.
4. Thick Eyelashes
It is one of the best almond oil benefits. It helps for the natural growth of thick and long eyelashes.
- Dip a cotton swab in almond oil and apply it to your eyelashes like applying mascara.
- Leave it overnight and rinse off with clean water on next morning.
- Regular usage of this remedy helps you to get thick and lengthy eyelashes.
5. Facial Cleanser For Acne
Almond oil is a miracle cure for acne and pimples on the skin. It knocks out the bacteria causing acne and acts as a natural cleanser for skin. Its light texture helps it to penetrate into deeper layers of skin and open up the clogged pores.
- Mix 5 drops of almond oil with 2drops of neem oil in a clean bowl.
- Apply it on your skin and gently rub it over your skin for few minutes.
- Rinse it off after 30 minutes with clean water and pat your skin dry.
6. Delays The Aging Process
The powerful antioxidant vitamin-E and niacinamide in almond oil reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines on the skin. It prevents free radicals and premature aging by boosting skin collagen.
- Add a teaspoon of almond oil to 2-3 drops of vitamin oil and mix them well together.
- Slather it on your skin and massage your skin with it in an upward circular motion for 3-4 minutes.
- Wash it off with clean water after half an hour with a mild cleanser.
- Repeat the remedy thrice in a week to avail several benefits of almond oil for skin. It reduces premature aging.
7. Black And White Heads
Almond oil is extremely beneficial for the removal of black and white heads on the skin. It softens the skin and removes all the dead skin cells from the skin.
- Add 1teaspoon of almond oil to a teaspoon of aloe vera gel and combine them well together.
- Gently rub it on your skin using your fingertips and let it for 30 minutes.
- Rinse it off with regular fresh water and pat your skin dry with a clean cloth.
8. Suntan Remover
Vitamin A, E, and D abundant in it which are very beneficial for skin. It is an effective remover of suntan and also reduces hyperpigmentation. The combination of this oil with fresh lemon juice acts as a bleaching agent and reduces the darkness of the skin.
- Mix one teaspoon of almond oil a spoon of fresh lemon juice.
- Combine them well by adding a half teaspoon of raw honey.
- Massage your skin with it and let it for 20-30 minutes. Rinse it off with fresh water.
- Repeat the remedy twice in a week to get rid of the suntan.
9. Prevent Dry Cracked Lips
Almond oil is a miracle cure for dry, chapped lips. It acts as an exfoliator and moisturizes the lips and keeps them hydrated by locking the moisture in them. As well it reduces the darkness of lips.
- Massage your lips with few drops of almond oil daily before going to sleep.
- You can also exfoliate the dead skin cells on lips by scrubbing with a brush using almond oil.
10. Almond Oil Benefits For Hair Growth
The presence of replenishing and rejuvenating properties in this oil helps to regenerate the damaged hair follicles and promotes hair growth. It reduces split ends, dry scalp and hair breakage due to its essential proteins. Let’s have a look at the benefits of almond oil for hair growth.
- Reduces Baldness And Excess Hair Fall
- Baldness is caused due to the clogged hair follicles which result in excess hair fall. Almond oil reverses the hair loss by rejuvenating the hair follicles. It opens up the clogged hair follicles and promotes natural regrowth of hair.
- Mix two tablespoons of almond oil with one tablespoon of castor oil and apply it all over your hair.
- Gently massage your scalp by dividing it into different sections with your fingertips for 4-5 minutes.
- Leave it overnight and rinse off with a mild shampoo on next day.
- Repeat the remedy thrice in a week for regrowth of hair and to prevent premature graying of hair.
11. Prevent Split Ends
It is one of the best benefits of almond oil for hair growth. This oil acts as a sealant and helps to lock the moisture in hair shafts and scalp by its deep penetration. Regular usage of almond oil prevents split ends gradually.
- Apply the almond oil all over your hair from tips to roots and massage it for 4-5 minutes.
- Let it sit for at least 45 minutes and rinse it out with a mild shampoo.
- Regular usage of this remedy helps you to grasp all the benefits of almond oil for hair growth.
12. Lustrous Hair
Almond oil is the best way to get shiny, silky hair. The presence of vitamin- E in it acts as a natural conditioner of hair and promotes healthy hair strands. It can be used as a hair shiner which adds the shiny glow to your hair.
- Take few drops of almond oil and rub on your palms and apply it on your hair.
- It makes hair looks lustrous by adding texture.
13. Relieves Dandruff
The light texture of almond oil allows it to penetrate deeply into the scalp and moisturizes it by sealing moisture in it. It reduces the bacteria causing dandruff and also opens the clogged hair follicles.
- Add one tablespoon of almond oil to 3-4 drops of tea tree oil and one teaspoon of neem oil.
- Massage your scalp with it for few minutes and leave it overnight to relieve dandruff and dry scalp.
- It helps you to pick up the favorable benefits of almond oil for hair growth.
14. Enhances The Hair Strenght
Almond oil nourishes the hair and strengthens the hair strands and helps to repair hair breakage and prevents hair loss. It soothes the damaged hair and promotes natural hair growth.
- Add 2tablespoons of almond oil to 2tablespoons of castor oil by adding few drops of tea tree oil.
- Mix everything well together and apply it on your hair including the scalp.
- Massage it for few minutes and let it for at least 30-40 minutes and rinse off with a mild shampoo.
- You can also let it overnight to pick up the amazing benefits of almond oil for hair growth.