This post was most recently updated on June 27th, 2019
Eyeliner beauty product which reflects the beauty of your eyes, and it is one of the essential things in eye makeup. It has a magical ability to turn average eyes into beautiful eyes by transforming them into different shapes. Let’s see how to apply pencil eyeliner.
- 1 Importance of Eyeliner
- 2 Types of Eyeliners
- 2.1 1. How To Apply Pencil Eyeliner In Easy Ways
- 2.2 Pros of the pencil eyeliner
- 2.3 Cons of the Pencil eyeliner
- 2.4 2. Apply Liquid Eyeliner Step By Step
- 2.5 Pros of the Liquid Liner
- 2.6 Cons of the Liquid Liner
- 2.7 3. Use Gel Eyeliner
- 2.8 Pros of the Gel eyeliner
- 2.9 Cons of the gel eyeliner
- 2.10 4. Liner tips for small eyes
- 2.11 5. Liner for big eyes
- 2.12 6. A Few More Eyeliner Tips And Tricks
Importance of Eyeliner
It may be normal makeup, party makeup, or bridal makeup without eyeliner it’s incomplete. That helps to make your eyes to look more attractive by enlarging them beautifully. It transforms any shape of eyes into beautiful eyes. Let’s see the list of the eyeliners.
Types of Eyeliners
There are three types of eyeliners. They are
- Pencil eyeliner
- Liquid eyeliner
- Gel eyeliner
1. How To Apply Pencil Eyeliner In Easy Ways
If you’re a beginner, then start with a pencil liner because they are easy to apply than liquid eyeliner.
Traditional liner (needs sharpening) and automatic liner(roll on) are the two types of eyeliners.
Steps to Apply:
- Start applying the liner from the inner corner of the upper lash line of your eye.
- Build it up by smooth and short strokes to the corner of the eye.
- Don’t strain your eyes, Blink slowly instead of sudden blinking.
- Wing it out slowly by pointing out upwards from your upper lash line.
- Join the tip of the line to your lash line for a smooth curve.
- Apply mascara for better appearance.
Let’s see the Pros and cons of these liners.
Pros of the pencil eyeliner
- It is the cheapest liner which is available on the market.
- You can make very thick lines over your lash line.
- They are available in diverse colors and easy to handle.
- You can apply pencil eyeliner on the waterline of your eyes.
- You can make smudged eyes with these liners.
Cons of the Pencil eyeliner
- You need to carry a sharpener for traditional eyeliner.
- Thin lines are not possible with these liners.
- It is tricky to do a winged eye or a flick eye with pencil eyeliner.
2. Apply Liquid Eyeliner Step By Step
It contains a small brush with a sharp tip in a bottle that creates a thin or precise line on the upper lashline correctly. It gives a pleasing appearance to the eyes, and it is not an easy task, so let’s see how to apply liquid eyeliner.
Steps To Apply:
- Shake it up before you start applying the liner.
- Hold the brush flat and firm. Avoid sudden blinking.
- Start applying the liner from the middle of the upper lash line to the outer edge of the eye slowly.
- Drag that line to the inner corner of the eye smoothly in the same width.
- Wing out the line following your lower lash line, by going upwards.
- Fill the gap between the tip of the wing and the lower lash line end.
- Allow it to dry for about 2 minutes.
Pros of the Liquid Liner
- Liquid liner does both the thin lines and thick lines.
- It is available in different colors.
- Winged eye can be done correctly and comfortably.
- Angular wings can be done with it.
Cons of the Liquid Liner
- Liquid eyeliner needs time to dry to get a smudged liner on your eyes.
- It cannot be used in the waterline of your eyes.
- It gives an excess amount of liquid in improper handling.
3. Use Gel Eyeliner
This liner is creamy and soft texture comes with an angled brush. It is best for winged and cat eyes. Let’s learn how to apply gel eyeliner in simple ways below for beautiful smoky and smudged eyes.
Steps To Apply:
- Damp the brush slightly and start applying the liner from the outer corner of the lash line to the inner slowly.
- Avoid blinking eyes suddenly while applying.
- Hold the brush closer to your lash line and wing it out smoothly to upwards.
- It should not extend more than the end of your eyebrow.
- Fill the wing and create a smooth curve on your upper lash line and smudge the inner lash line slowly for a pleasing appearance.
Pros of the Gel eyeliner
- It is a long-lasting liner.
- Gel eyeliner dries up quickly.
- It gives smoky eyes and dramatic eyes and smudge proof.
- Cat and wing eye look can be done correctly.
Cons of the gel eyeliner
- It is available in fewer colors when compared to liquid and pencil liners.
- It cannot be used in your water line of the eye.
4. Liner tips for small eyes
- If you wish to make your eyes look longer and bigger, then Apply liner on the outer edges of your lash line with a wing going upwards.
- Start a thick line from the inner edge of the eye to the corner edge and give it a perfect flick for beautiful large eyes and curl your lashes.
- Avoid applying dark liner on your waterline of the eye; it makes your eye to look smaller.
Focus on the outer corners of the eye, making them dark with a soft pencil liner.
5. Liner for big eyes
- To make your eyes look smaller use dark liner on your waterline.
- Apply eyeshadows with dark colors to make your eye smaller.
- Apply a thin line over the upper and lower lash line.
- Avoid applying mascara on lower lashes.
6. A Few More Eyeliner Tips And Tricks
- Place a cotton ball in coconut oil and wipe the liner smoothly to remove the liner.
- Blink your eyes slowly instead of sudden blinking while applying liner to save your eye from the strain.
- Use small strokes and lines if you are a beginner.
- The wing can be done with the help of a hairpin placing at the edge of the corner.
- Apply primer around the eyes gently before you apply the liner.