This post was most recently updated on March 12th, 2019
Almonds are very beneficial nuts which are high in proteins and low in fats. Ancient Indian medical practitioners have been found numerous health desirable substances in almonds. These are well known for its diverse effects in both skin and hair care. They are very beneficial for overall health due to its powerful protective nutrients. Let’s have a look at almond benefits.
|Contents of almonds||Fats and fibers|
|Vitamin A, B, D, E||Dietary fibers|
|Magnesium and Potassium||Polyunsaturated fatty acids|
|Zinc and Manganese||Monounsaturated fatty acids|
|Calcium, Folic acid, and Olein glyceride||Phytosterols and many other essential contents|
- 1 1. Excellent Almond Benefits For Skin
- 2 2. Promotes Glowing Skin
- 3 3. Prevents Dry Skin Quickly
- 4 4. Greatly Effects On Dark Circles
- 5 5. Whitens Skin Naturally
- 6 6. Eliminates Dark Spots
- 7 7. Prevents Premature Aging
- 8 8. Clears Pimples And Acne
- 9 9. Amazing Benefits Of Almonds For Hair Growth
- 10 10. Some Other Health Benefits Of Almonds
- 11 11. Keeps Your Heart Healthy
- 12 12. Works As Memory Booster
- 13 13. Reduce Congenital Disabilities
- 14 14. Lowers Bad Cholesterol
- 15 15. Prevents Osteoporosis
- 16 16. Consume For Weight Loss
- 17 Q AND A OF ALMOND BENEFITS
1. Excellent Almond Benefits For Skin
The high content of vitamin-E in almonds acts as a natural anti-aging agent and very beneficial for skin care. The presence of monounsaturated fats and other useful substances in them keeps skin supple and healthy. Regular consumption of almonds breakdowns the dead skin cells and provides you flawless, glowing skin. Let’s have a look at almond benefits for the skin.
2. Promotes Glowing Skin
Almonds are highly abundant in Vitamin-E which is a vital vitamin to maintain healthy skin. It acts as a natural antioxidant and provides youthful, glowing skin by reducing wrinkles. The presence of high bleaching properties in them helps to eliminate dead skin cells from the surface.
How To Use:
- Grind 5-6 soaked almonds into a fine paste and add one teaspoon of raw honey and one teaspoon of olive oil to it.
- Merge the three ingredients well together and apply it all over your face. Offer a gentle massage for a few minutes.
- Wash it off with clean and fresh water after half an hour. Follow this effective remedy to avail all beauty benefits of almonds for the skin.
3. Prevents Dry Skin Quickly
Almonds work great for dry skin which will soften and plump the skin by nourishing it internally. It acts as an exfoliator of dead skin cells and moisturizes the skin adorably. The emollient properties of them moisturize the skin and prevent dry skin.
How To Use:
- Add a tablespoon of almond powder to a tablespoon of aloe vera gel and raw milk and combine them well together.
- Massage your face with it and leave it as a face mask for 30 minutes. Wash it off with lukewarm water and pat dry.
- Repeat the remedy twice or thrice in a week to get rid of dry skin.
4. Greatly Effects On Dark Circles
Dark circles occur due to the lack of sleep or several other health factors. The anti-inflammatory properties of almonds can eliminate the puffy bags under the eyes. The deep moisturizing properties of almonds reduce the darkness under the eyes and also prevent puffiness around the eyes.
How To Use:
- Mix a teaspoon of almond paste with a spoon of raw milk and 2-3drops of fresh lemon juice.
Apply it on your dark circles and let it overnight. Rinse it off with lukewarm water on the next morning.
- You can also use almond oil instead of almond paste to reduce dark circles around the eyes.
- Repeat the remedy twice a week for desired results.
5. Whitens Skin Naturally
The deep nourishing properties of almonds feeds the skin cells with essential vitamins and soothes it. Almonds face mask rejuvenates the damaged skin and reduces wrinkles and other aging properties.
How To Use:
- Soak 5-6 almonds in a cup of raw milk overnight and grind them into a fine paste by removing milk.
- Add a teaspoon of sandalwood powder and a teaspoon of raw honey and mix them well together to form a fine paste.
- Apply the paste and gently massage it on your skin for a few minutes using your fingertips.
- Rinse it out after half an hour and pat your skin dry with a soft cloth. Repeat the remedy thrice in a week for the clean, glowing skin.
6. Eliminates Dark Spots
The overproduction of melanin and acne, pimples causes dark spots on the skin. Almonds work great for the prevention of dark spots as they are enriched with phytosterols and vitamins like E, B. They improve the elastin of skin and reduce black spots on the surface.
How To Use:
- Add one tablespoon of almond powder to one tablespoon of raw milk and raw honey. Combine them well by adding few drops of fresh lemon juice.
- Gently rub it over your face and let it sit for at least 30 minutes and rinse out with cold water.
- Follow this effective remedy 2 to 3 times in a week to get rid of dark spots and gain several benefits of almonds for the skin.
7. Prevents Premature Aging
Being rich in vitamin-E almonds works great to prevent wrinkles and fine lines on the skin. It acts as a powerful antioxidant which helps to prevent free radicals. Regular consumption of soaked almonds helps to gain youthful skin with numerous almond benefits for the skin.
- Take 5-6 almonds for overnight in a cup of water and peel off them on next morning and consume them on a regular basis to gain all the almond benefits for the skin.
8. Clears Pimples And Acne
The emollient properties of soaked almonds help the skin to stay hydrated and healthy. It fights against the bacteria causing pimples and acne and effectively prevents them. Almonds paste acts as a natural cleanser for skin which clears the clogged pores.
How To Use:
- Soak 4-5 almonds overnight in a cup of water and grind them into a fine paste on next morning.
- Add a teaspoon of raw honey to almonds paste and mix them well together.
- Start applying it all over clean face and massage it for few minutes in an upward circular motion.
- Leave it for 30 minutes and wash it off with clean water and pat your skin dry with a smooth cloth.
9. Amazing Benefits Of Almonds For Hair Growth
Almonds are loaded with a vital vitamin named biotin which plays a crucial role in hair growth. It prevents hair fall and rejuvenates the dry, damaged hair. These beneficial nuts are high in polyunsaturated fats, magnesium, vitamin-E and other nutrients which promote healthy hair growth.
How To Use:
- Massage your scalp with sweet almond oil on a regular basis to gain all the benefits of almonds for hair growth.
- Consume soaked almonds on a regular basis to control the hair fall.
- Add a tablespoon of almond oil to a tablespoon f castor oil and a tablespoon of coconut oil and mix them well together.
- Apply it all over your hair and offer a gentle massage to your scalp by dividing your hair into different sections. Rinse it off with your regular shampoo on next day morning.
- You can also get healthy long hair by combining two tablespoons of olive oil with two tablespoons of almond oil.
10. Some Other Health Benefits Of Almonds
Almonds are enriched with beneficial polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fatty acids along with phytochemicals and other protective nutrients and proteins. Regular in taking off these nuts helps you to gain following numerous health benefits of almonds.
- Reduces blood pressure
- Improves the functioning of the central nervous system
- Phytochemicals in almonds prevent cancer
- Detoxifier of body
- Prevents diabetes
- Weight gain
- Improves digestion
- Develops neurological system
- Bone strength
11. Keeps Your Heart Healthy
Being rich in polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats almonds can prevent cardiovascular diseases. The low content of saturated fats in them helps to maintain a healthy heart by reducing bad cholesterol in the body. Regular consumption of soaked almonds prevents heart strokes and helps you to gain all the benefits of almonds for the healthy and healthy heart.
12. Works As Memory Booster
The high presence of zinc, vitamin-B in almonds improves and preserves the functioning of the brain and improves the memory power. It provides long lasting energy and keeps you active throughout the day when soaked almonds are consumed every morning. In the taking of these wondrous nuts helps to aid the metabolism of proteins and reduces memory loss.
13. Reduce Congenital Disabilities
Being rich in folic acid almonds works excellently to reduce congenital disabilities and improves the growth of the fetus and provides secure delivery. Pregnant women can add them to their regular diet enhances tissue formations and cell growth.
- Consume 4-5 soaked almonds every day at morning to obtain numerous health benefits of almonds.
14. Lowers Bad Cholesterol
- The presence of monounsaturated fatty acids in almonds helps to regulate lousy cholesterol in the body and improves good cholesterol. It improves digestion and bowel movements by increasing healthy monounsaturated fats.
- Consume Soaked Almonds For Weight Gain.
15. Prevents Osteoporosis
Osteoporosis is an illness caused due to weak bone strength which leads to bone breakage. Almonds are the best source to refill the strength of bones due to the high presence of its essential vitamin contents. Calcium, magnesium, and potassium in almonds help to improve the bone strength and protect them from breakage.
- Consume a handful of soaked almonds on a regular basis to promote bone health, and you can also use almond oil to relieve joint and muscle pains.
16. Consume For Weight Loss
Overconsumption of almonds can increase your weight, but consumption of 2 to 3 soaked almond nuts by adding honey in the morning instead of breakfast helps to lose your weight.
Q AND A OF ALMOND BENEFITS
Question: Why Almonds Beneficial For Skin?
Answer: Vitamin -E is abundant in it which nourish skin, and the remaining nutrients enhance skin elasticity by reducing free radicals that cause wrinkles.
Question: How Many Nuts Should I Take Per day?
Answer: 5 to 10 nuts enough to provide sufficient nutrients. Consume these nuts for at least 30 days to see an improvement.
Question: How To Consume Almonds?
Answer: Soak 5 to ten almonds in a cup of water and leave it overnight. Consume it in the morning before breakfast.